MT trip planning

So I was informed fri night that my wife is doing a women's bikepacking trip in MT this July. Basically from Kalispell to Butte. that gives me 7-10 days solo to fish/camp (trailer). Open for suggestions. I have a lot of exp fishing in MT over the years.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    only a "guide" would tell you how much experience he has while asking
    "what should i fish?"
    personally id take the boat to peck in july and see just how many of the 46 types of fishes that inhabit that water i could whippy stick up
    but i dont do reviews, wear flat brims, do the gram other than smokin em
    crush like buttons or fly fling for followers
    shit i dont even fish that hard any mur
    but u should do exactly what they do
    and iffin the nice poliassfucks the people there choose to elect dont respond to my
    this is bullshit and no one owns the water or has the right to deny others from recreational pursuits upon it
    i aint gonna be spending a cent in your state
    on fishing, skiing, travel, pots or products made there
    much like Georgia is on my no spend list
    if you choose to pass this bill
    https://legiscan.com/MT/text/SB354/2021
    well harrys gonna have to come south if he wants to git his i fished with sheldon shirt
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

MT trip planning

I fished with Sheldon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1619446161.411713.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	769.0 KB 
ID:	372745

and all I caught was this......

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1619446267.977520.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	467.8 KB 
ID:	372746

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Harry; 04-26-2021 at 08:48 AM.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

SFB - Agreed. No bueno for access to public land in general, not just fishing.

Guide - Only been in MT for two years but explored SW MT pretty well. PM if you are planning to head down this way. I might have some ideas for you.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

There are like 600 streams between Kalispell and Butte. Not to mention lakes. Without some idea of what kind of fishing you want to do, it's hard to know where to start.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    There are like 600 streams between Kalispell and Butte. Not to mention lakes. Without some idea of what kind of fishing you want to do, it's hard to know where to start.
    Ahh, good point. Walk/wade, moving water.

Quote Originally Posted by guide View Post
    Like yeahman said, at least 600 streams fit that description.

Invasive Species = DeepSouthMafia in the fishing forum.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Couple lesser visited walk/wade streams near Helena that I like are the Little Blackfoot River near the town of Avon, and the Boulder River north of Butte on I-15, around the town of Basin and that area. You'll have to figure out your own access points, but in Montana, basically anywhere the stream crosses under a public road you can access it as long as you stay below the high water mark, which is easy enough if you're wading.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Couple lesser visited walk/wade streams near Helena that I like are the Little Blackfoot River near the town of Avon, and the Boulder River north of Butte on I-15, around the town of Basin and that area. You'll have to figure out your own access points, but in Montana, basically anywhere the stream crosses under a public road you can access it as long as you stay below the high water mark, which is easy enough if you're wading.
    Great! Thank you. Also have been recommended: Jocko, Swan, Clearwater, Blackfoot and upper Clark Fork. Now to research some CG for the trailer.

Great! Thank you. Also have been recommended: Jocko, Swan, Clearwater, Blackfoot and upper Clark Fork. Now to research some CG for the trailer.
    I wouldn't bother fishing above Garrison Junction on the upper Clark Fork. Ongoing streambank restoration work and a massive fish kill a few years ago have fucked the fishery, at least temporarily. The farther downstream from Garrison toward Missoula that you get, the more the fishing improves.

Feel very fortunate to actually find a CG where I could get a reservation. Will be basing out of Ronan. Looks to be pretty centrally located for my needs.

the access rules are ridiculous lol

yes they are, so stay home.