Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Max Hitzig was nice enough to share with me that he mounts on the midsole line. I'll never be as good a skier as he is, but I can mount my 112s where he does haha

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    Any feed back on a reckoned 102 for screw around skiing with the kids skis? They look like a good option to learn how to spin and butter while I follow my son down the easy blues instead of manhandling my bonafides. Would likely size down to 177s from my 189 bones. Any leads on a cheap set?
    I bought a pair of 184 as I was just curious how a ski this soft would ski. As someone who generally prefer directional chargers (with a progressive mount), I think they’re great. Only 2 days in spring conditions. I find the soft tip to just go up and over piles of soft snow, the softness of the flex provides its own type of suspension/dampness. They feel pretty composed and I’ve been able to ski them pretty damn fast, took the air out of diagonal chute at the bird that dantheman posted a last week and I was shocked how well they handled it. Blast to carve on groomers. I tend to really dislike lightweight skis, but the soft flex makes these lightweight skis work way better than expected and makes them significantly more fun on any sort of kicker. The top sheets are beyond hideous but so far I’m very happy with them. They are really easy to ski but can be skied harder than the flex would imply (just don’t look at the tips bouncing around you can’t really feel that in your boot). I mounted -1 from midsole line and like the mount 5.5 from true center.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    The top sheets are beyond hideous but so far I’m very happy with them.
    I want to pick up a pair, but I think the top sheet is so ugly I am willing to wait a year. Looks like the mushroom theme is making a comeback.

K2 Reckoner 102 112 122 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MoeSnow View Post
    I want to pick up a pair, but I think the top sheet is so ugly I am willing to wait a year. Looks like the mushroom theme is making a comeback.

Ya I don’t get the recent Reckoner top-sheets? Damn Corbetts has the 2021 122s on sale for $299CDN ($220US). Sigh.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2654.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	344.8 KB 
ID:	459201

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by kc_7777; 10-03-2023 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    Ya I don’t get the Reckoner top-sheets?
    Yeah, current 102 graphics with the dog and the weird-looking scarecrow dude are downright bizarre. Next season's mushroom topsheets are acceptable.

That's an awesome pickup for $220. I want to try out every waist width at some point

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    Ya I don’t get the Reckoner top-sheets?

Damn Corbetts. Had these 2021 122s on sale for $299CDN ($220US).

On the way.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2654.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	344.8 KB 
ID:	459201

The best top sheet for the 122s except the red ones that haven't come out yet

As far as the other ones go I met the designer and told him he's trash . The 1st gen is acceptable across all widths and 2nd gen 112s are the shit everything else is hard to love even though they ski so damn good

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Damn, Corbetts is out of the 184cm. I’m sad, but glad. Shouldn’t be spending the $ right now.
    Last edited by g_man80; 05-17-2023 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by g_man80 View Post
    Damn, Corbetts is out of the 184cm. I’m sad, but glad. Should be spending the $ right now.
    My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by g_man80 View Post
    Damn, Corbetts is out of the 184cm. I’m sad, but glad. Should be spending the $ right now.
    They've been out for months now--I think I picked up the very last new 184 reckoner 122 in that graphic from ptex1. For a good price, but it wasn't $220!

Hmmmmmmmmm. I think I want a 122 to Cast-ify.

I'm back and forth between that and the 4FRNT Ren. It would replace my BC 120 with Shifts. Hmmmmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowMachine View Post
    Hmmmmmmmmm. I think I want a 122 to Cast-ify.

I'm back and forth between that and the 4FRNT Ren. It would replace my BC 120 with Shifts. Hmmmmmmmm.
    The blue Duke PT16s would look good on the blue 122s.

Last edited by kc_7777; 10-03-2023 at 08:48 PM.

Yeah, I don’t get the graphics. I really want to snag a pair of the 112s but I just can’t get past the snail brain so I’m holding out in hopes of finding a previous year. I wonder how many sales they’ve lost due to graphics. Might end up buying some wildcat108s instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PeachesNCream View Post
    Yeah, I don’t get the graphics. I really want to snag a pair of the 112s but I just can’t get past the snail brain so I’m holding out in hopes of finding a previous year. I wonder how many sales they’ve lost due to graphics. Might end up buying some wildcat108s instead.

I really couldn't agree with you more. They're pretty bad. The graphics are pretty sophomoric and I own some J Stuntman graphic skis (not entirely by choice ).

Anyone have any thoughts on replacing my 2013 pettitor in 179? I was thinking of getting the 122 Reckoner in 184... Pettitors seem to measure closer to 120 in the waste and I assume the Reckoner 122 might be the natural successor. I was daily driving the pettitors when I lived in WA and they've become noodles over 10 years. Looking to replace them with something for larger snow days now that I'm living in WY.

Today I'm daily driving an Atris 105, love them, but they cap out at about 10" of fresh... looking for something to slay those 20" overnight dumps.

Quote Originally Posted by tripplesixty View Post
    Anyone have any thoughts on replacing my 2013 pettitor in 179? I was thinking of getting the 122 Reckoner in 184... Pettitors seem to measure closer to 120 in the waste and I assume the Reckoner 122 might be the natural successor. I was daily driving the pettitors when I lived in WA and they've become noodles over 10 years. Looking to replace them with something for larger snow days now that I'm living in WY.

Today I'm daily driving an Atris 105, love them, but they cap out at about 10" of fresh... looking for something to slay those 20" overnight dumps.
    Never skied the Pettitor, but the Reckoners are long FWIW. The 184 Reckoner 122 is longer than the 186 Bodacious. Just mounted mine, they sure look fun.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    I bought a pair of 184 as I was just curious how a ski this soft would ski. As someone who generally prefer directional chargers (with a progressive mount), I think they’re great. Only 2 days in spring conditions. I find the soft tip to just go up and over piles of soft snow, the softness of the flex provides its own type of suspension/dampness. They feel pretty composed and I’ve been able to ski them pretty damn fast, took the air out of diagonal chute at the bird that dantheman posted a last week and I was shocked how well they handled it. Blast to carve on groomers. I tend to really dislike lightweight skis, but the soft flex makes these lightweight skis work way better than expected and makes them significantly more fun on any sort of kicker. The top sheets are beyond hideous but so far I’m very happy with them. They are really easy to ski but can be skied harder than the flex would imply (just don’t look at the tips bouncing around you can’t really feel that in your boot). I mounted -1 from midsole line and like the mount 5.5 from true center.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    How tall/heavy are you on the 184? what size skis do you normally ski?

Quote Originally Posted by Velomayniac View Post
    How tall/heavy are you on the 184? what size skis do you normally ski?
    Pretty sure he's usually on 190ish skis?

I'm usually on high 170s to 180 and I went with the 112 in a 184 (more like a 186 in other brands).

I notice the extra tail in moguls and trees, but I agree with Altacoup that they are more composed than I expected based on the reviews.

I don't take huge airs but I also noticed that they are far more composed than most of my other skis when landing airs. I suspect it's the soft tails?

They are fun.

I also know I'm in the minority here but I actually quite like the topsheets with the testicles/snails.

Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

I’m 5’10” 185 and ski anywhere from 185 to 196. Usually prefer a progressive mount of about -6 from true center, due to years of skiing hoji designs. I’m shocked how hard I was able to ski the 102 in the spring. Even handled 15-20 ft drops if you stay centered. I ended up buying a pair of the long 112s for cheap from Corbetts. The carbon weave is a good ski design.

After starting this thread initially, then selling my McFetridge topsheet 112’s flat before tryingthem, but recently buying 1st gen 112s again and then some 1st gen 122s, I’m really looking forward to getting on the 112 and 122 Reckoners.

I’m on the back rec line for the 112s (-5.5cm) and thinking going -1 cm (-5.5 cm) on the 122s. I think they have a pretty big sweet spot..

PS Both my Reckoners are 177cm but measure more like a 179cm (I'm 170 cm). Should be perfect for tight terrain on Blackcomb.

KC

Last edited by kc_7777; 09-10-2023 at 08:29 PM.

Interesting, because I normally ski 190cm-ish chargers too. My planned daily drivers for this year are 191 Katana 108s, last year was 2015 191 Mantras. I'd like to try the 184 Reckoner 112s as shorty, wide all mountain jib skis. I can get discounted demos this season and this is going on my list for sure. I learned to ski hard after high school on skis like this, and then slowly gravitated towards directional chargers as I got older, but still love a good, short jib-stick.

How Altacoup describes the noodley flex to move out of the way efficiently and also provide pretty good suspension if you stay balanced, describes how I felt about SOME K2s I've skied in the past. K2 Obsethed and Pettitors were like that for me. They are absolute noodles, some of the softest skis on the market, but I could actually ski them fast very easily with little effort or energy. Just with a different style, kind of. You can go on yoohoob and see bigger dude pros like Collin Collins (I think he's around 6'2" and slightly under 200lbs) ripping around on these noodles in 179cm in chundery, maritime conditions. Staying centered and balanced is the key point here, they do not like to be driven and will wash out if you get into the back seat even in the slightest.

Back when I weighed less in my early twenties, I had 179 K2 shreditor 112s that I absolutely loved for that short, wide all mountain jib ski role. I wanted to try the 184 Reckoner 112 now that I'm quite a bit heavier, but I was afraid K2's lost that older fiberglass feel, and now they are so lightweight that I just wouldn't like them. However, I have read bit's and pieces like Altacoup's that get my hopes up.

Onto my demo list

Quote Originally Posted by waveshello View Post
    Never skied the Pettitor, but the Reckoners are long FWIW. The 184 Reckoner 122 is longer than the 186 Bodacious. Just mounted mine, they sure look fun.

Perfect ski for Alpental

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Y’all have me rethinking getting 112 191s. I posted about this last year but I’m still on the hunt. I’m 6’3, 200 and usually like skis around 188-190. I’m buying this as a do everything travel ski to be mounted with inserts for alpinists and pivots. Jeffery series are my favorite skis to date but too heavy for touring and I’m too cheap to buy 50/50 cores so I’m looking at this ski. I slightly prefer the 186 Jeffery’s over the 191s. I’ll be skiing everything from tight trees (trees at stevens) to wide open (vail, whistler). I’d normally reach for the 191 but since these measure long and it would be nice to save some weight for touring, I’m really considering the 184s. I imagine the split will be 65/35 resort/touring. The consensus last time was 191, but seems like a number of people are going short. Thoughts?

Last edited by PeachesNCream; 08-22-2023 at 02:46 PM.

ON3P and K2 measure pressed length

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    ON3P and K2 measure pressed length
    Right. So a 191 reckoner is going to be a ~193 other brands which is long for my tastes. But a 184 reckoner sounds pretty short. And I think I read that these skis short (even if they measure long). “193” seems too long but I haven’t skied sub 188 in over a decade. Over analyzing things for sure, but that’s what august and tgr are for.

My Caylors are 191 and also ski short. They ski shorter than my 191 Boneshakers and they measure out the same as my 187 Woodsman
    Also, I mainly ski BCC, which, for the most part is smaller, tighter lines than say, LCC.
    So where you ski probably plays a role
    For the touring aspect you speak of, if it were me, id probably go 184. Im 6'2" ~220lbs