Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PSA: Do not send DJSapp money (Hacked Account)

DJSapp's account has been hacked. It posted a direct copy of a for sale thread I posted earlier this year, for a too good to be true price and requesting PayPal friends and family payment.

I called him out and others caught on, and he promptly deleted the post. Do not send that account money right now.
    Last edited by dub2; 04-22-2021 at 08:11 PM.

dub2, fucking solid detective work here. thanks for saving me $250 and a lot of heartbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    dub2, fucking solid detective work here. thanks for saving me $250 and a lot of heartbreak.
    And you sir, saved me $250 lol

Damn, you just saved me $250 too! I sent a PM asking if I could pay later today, and he responded, "no only now money send!"

Figured he was just being funny, lol.

Shit. That's a new twist

Djsapp has been around along time. If he just posted I need money. People would probably send it to him. Just cuz
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

I'll take a 10 percent commission on the savings

JK

This shit has started happening on Rokslide as well. Semi regular users getting hacked and re posting old for sale threads. I had a close call and later figured out that I could use Google Image Search to find the old ads. Frequently they also include the same verbiage so some cautious googling may reveal the original post source.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    This shit has started happening on Rokslide as well. Semi regular users getting hacked and re posting old for sale threads. I had a close call and later figured out that I could use Google Image Search to find the old ads. Frequently they also include the same verbiage so some cautious googling may reveal the original post source.
    Goddamit. That's fucking annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Damn, you just saved me $250 too! I sent a PM asking if I could pay later today, and he responded, "no only now money send!"

Figured he was just being funny, lol.
    That is funny.

I guess it balances out?

Yea, annoying for sure. He also stated "payment only via Paypal F&F or zelle". Which both don't have buyer protection. I know lots of us on here use F&F, but it sets off a red flag when it is explicitly stated in the post.

PSA: Do not send DJSapp money

A bunch of people say F&F in their post.

They’re don’t usually state it so adamantly, though.

Can someone send me his actual email address? thank you.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Well I mean props for getting the word out but the title could be a bit more informative and a little less accusatory towards the real person.

That aside, can’t the mods lock the hacked account? Somebody here has Sapps phone #. Reset the pass and text him.

Edit. Zoned out and typed before refresh, the box fan brigade is on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Well I mean props for getting the word out but the title could be a bit more informative and a little less accusatory towards the real person.

That aside, can’t the mods lock the hacked account? Somebody here has Sapps phone #. Reset the pass and text him.

Edit. Zoned out and typed before refresh, the box fan brigade is on it.
    You're right, added that it was hacked to the title. I just wasn't sure who the account was still pm'ing once it deleted the thread, and wanted to make sure no one got scammed.

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    A bunch of people say F&F in their post.

They’re don’t usually state it so adamantly, though.
    True. and True

Stop dodging me. I am awaiting a response to a serious inquiry re: extraction weight.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    Stop dodging me. I am awaiting a response to a serious inquiry re: extraction weight.
    82 seconds, 19g in. A little blonded but pretty excellent. Idk man, there's no gospel here, just tasty espresso, big or short. Just like scotch vs bourbon, tits vs ass, free-heel vs alpine - all of those are false dichotomies.

I'll be back to ristretto shots before too long. Just roasted some really good Java and a nice Ethiopian, and I'm looking forward to some chocolate cherry bombs

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Well shit! So it's his TGR account that was hacked.

Today I got to wondering when the TGR app would show up again on Play Store. I have it on my phone, and will hopefully keep it going for quite some time.

Anyhoo, I got to thinking that maybe the app isn't getting security patches that Tapatalk might be issuing?

Then again, maybe it was the server that got hacked.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

If this becomes a thing, for F&F requests maybe ask sellers an esoteric ski or forum question that a scammer couldn't answer. Like "I can't believe you're a ____", or "Change for a ______?", or "How's Glen's hair today?"

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Well shit! So it's his TGR account that was hacked.

Today I got to wondering when the TGR app would show up again on Play Store. I have it on my phone, and will hopefully keep it going for quite some time.

Anyhoo, I got to thinking that maybe the app isn't getting security patches that Tapatalk might be issuing?

Then again, maybe it was the server that got hacked.

... Thom
    I also forgot to mention that in my scenario the request was also to pay via Zelle or F&F.

I just assumed everyone on here were bots or dentists or scammers. Great confirmation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

82 seconds, 19g in.
    @Doremite - Think that's 28 seconds!

Quote Originally Posted by mrkbrnblm View Post
    @Doremite - Think that's 28 seconds!
    hey fuck you and your short-ass starbucks shots, i didn't stutter

I bought these 3 months ago from dub2 and had to go check the basement to make sure they were still there. I was like damn someone else got the exact same set up mounted exactly the same way.

hey fuck you and your short-ass starbucks shots, i didn't stutter
    You makin' percolator coffee or espresso!?

Quote Originally Posted by dub2 View Post
    You're right, added that it was hacked to the title. I just wasn't sure who the account was still pm'ing once it deleted the thread, and wanted to make sure no one got scammed.
    Cool, was only thinking if maybe he used that handle elsewhere but probably no big deal.
    Props again for catching and posting.

—-

What year was the Russian hack and mandatory password reset?