Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkbrnblm View Post
    You makin' percolator coffee or espresso!?
    go see the espresso thread. i think i forgot to answer one of doremite's questions there so he started nagging me here. but yes, espresso. and yes, that thing they tell you about "27 second shots" is a lie fed to you by Big Cafes who want quick drinks and quick turnaround times. if yer squeezin' beans at home, there's no reason to rush the process. long pre-infusion leads to an even extraction and reduces channeling/gushing.

in fairness, it's really hard to pull a good shot that runs longer than 50 seconds, and you should never use timing as your primary metric (use shot weight or shot progression). but yeah, i consistently pull shots in the 75-90 second range. anything less than 60 seconds is an anomaly.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    dub2, fucking solid detective work here. thanks for saving me $250 and a lot of heartbreak.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    And you sir, saved me $250 lol
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Damn, you just saved me $250 too! I sent a PM asking if I could pay later today, and he responded, "no only now money send!"

Figured he was just being funny, lol.
    Holy crap folks, I'm really sorry that happened. I got hacked somehow. The mod squad picked up on it and banned my account, but apparently not before someone attempted some scams on it. They're trying to see what they can do to recover my account back, but the email addy and password were changed. I really hope that nobody sent that account money.

For the moment, I'm not selling anything. I haven't in a long time. I don't need people to send me money.

As always, stay vigilant, be wary sending internet strangers money, especially without buyers protections. If the deal is too good to be true, it probably is. yadda yadda yadda.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Shit. That's a new twist

Djsapp has been around along time. If he just posted I need money. People would probably send it to him. Just cuz
    <3 And that's why I love the maggots.

Well, ötzi is not iceman.

All the cool kids are doing name changes.

I’m thinking of becoming “slightly damaged base structure” or “top sheet scratch”

How can admins not restore or reset access?

Related thought, is vbulletin so dated there’s no option to email when there’s a login from a new device?
    . . .

go see the espresso thread. i think i forgot to answer one of doremite's questions there so he started nagging me here. but yes, espresso. and yes, that thing they tell you about "27 second shots" is a lie fed to you by Big Cafes who want quick drinks and quick turnaround times. if yer squeezin' beans at home, there's no reason to rush the process. long pre-infusion leads to an even extraction and reduces channeling/gushing.

in fairness, it's really hard to pull a good shot that runs longer than 50 seconds, and you should never use timing as your primary metric (use shot weight or shot progression). but yeah, i consistently pull shots in the 75-90 second range. anything less than 60 seconds is an anomaly.
    Yeah but how much of that is pre-infusion? ~25 seconds? I think you are just way beyond me in experimentation. I am still pulling in the ~35 second range for ~18 in ~30 out w/ 0 preinfusion. Anyway thanks for answering and was a total joke to pester you here.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    How can admins not restore or reset access?

Related thought, is vbulletin so dated there’s no option to email when there’s a login from a new device?
    I asked the admins exactly that. vbulletin doesn't send security emails notifying you of a password or email change. That means when the hacker accesses your profile, they change the email address and then reset the password. There's no notification, and the admins can't change a user's information, they can only trigger a password reset, which is sent to the email address that was changed. So it's just gone. Iceman is Otzi, DJSapp is Not DJSapp. Sigh.

Lately I’ve been asking for a cell # and doing a quick call or at least a few texts. It’s been kinda cool to chat with you weirdos.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Lately I’ve been asking for a cell # and doing a quick call or at least a few texts. It’s been kinda cool to chat with you weirdos.
    Only kinda cool, not all the way cool.
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I like this idea.

Anyone who wants to verify it's me can ask me coffee questions, or shoot the shit about touring the wasatch. I'm fucking weird enough that some kook scammer would have a hard time impersonating me.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

I like this idea.

Anyone who wants to verify it's me can ask me coffee questions, or shoot the shit about touring the wasatch. I'm fucking weird enough that some kook scammer would have a hard time impersonating me.

Did you get up on Rainier last weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Did you get up on Rainier last weekend?
    Ha yeah. I need to post some stoke & pics in the PNW stoke thread. Didn't summit b/c we got a super late start and things were getting pretty hot, but got a total of 8k of the best corn of my life as a consolation prize. Not a bad trip.

Quote Originally Posted by rfconroy View Post
    Only kinda cool, not all the way cool.
    I haven’t bought or sold to someone I know recently. When verifying it’s legit and your buddy (not scammer) picks up you chat about the season and family and that is all the way cool. New users, kinda cool. Like how’s the weather in x or get out to x much small talk. Not as cool but kinda cool.

As someone who has recently had to relocate I can say spidey senses and google image search are your best friends in identifying scams. On CL Housing and FB marketplace they are reposting images from vrbo etc as for rent homes to get first last and deposit. Usually you can find the home available as a vacation rental that has already been rented for periods beyond the supposed move in date

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    As someone who has recently had to relocate I can say spidey senses and google image search are your best friends in identifying scams. On CL Housing and FB marketplace they are reposting images from vrbo etc as for rent homes to get first last and deposit. Usually you can find the home available as a vacation rental that has already been rented for periods beyond the supposed move in date

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    theress a story behind this.

Do tell