FS: 2001 4Runner (SLC)

We've loved this 4runner and will miss it, but we just bought a new truck and have a newborn. Runs and drives great and the 4WD is perfect for offroading in the desert or driving up the canyons in the snow. We bought the 4runner 4 years ago from the 2nd owner when it had 160k miles. The oil has always been changed every 3000 miles and kept up to date on service. I have a folder of service records you can keep. The vehicle is in great mechanical condition and has the typical scuffs / scratches you'd expect for 190k miles.

Key upgrades:
    -Includes 2nd set of wheels mounted with Blizzaks (only run in winter and have great tread, makes the 4runner an absolute tank in the snow)
    -Pioneer stereo with bluetooth
    -High performance Old Man Emu shocks / coils (http://cruiseroutfitters.com/sus_4runner_gen3.html)
    -Upgraded front calipers / rotors to Tundra version for better mountain performance
    -HID headlights
    -All weather floor mats including custom rubber trunk mat
    -Includes the OEM running boards (not installed)

Asking $8250 but will knock some off for a mag

More details/photos here: https://cars.ksl.com/listing/7140142Name:  20210422_134701.jpeg
Views: 574
Size:  98.8 KB

3rd gen 4runners are as Reliable as vehicles get- can easily go 300k miles. I had a 2000 that I sold last fall to get into a 2nd Gen Sequoia for more kid/ dog room. Not the peppiest off the line but good usable hp.
    "Not all who wander are lost"

FS: 2001 4Runner (SLC)

Quote Originally Posted by mn_teleswede View Post
    3rd gen 4runners are as Reliable as vehicles get- can easily go 300k miles. I had a 2000 that I sold last fall to get into a 2nd Gen Sequoia for more kid/ dog room. Not the peppiest off the line but good usable hp.
    My neighbor has one with 500k on it, 2nd engine but that many miles on anything is an accomplishment. One of the best, simple rigs you can get. Wish I was in the market.

My 97’ has 400k with original engine and transmission. The timing belt has not been changed since the 100k mark.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post
    My 97’ has 400k with original engine and transmission. The timing belt has not been changed since the 100k mark.

Jesus Fucking Christ, change that timing belt, bro!

Also: this is a pretty solid deal on a 3rd gen 4runner. You can't ask for a better UT adventure rig for under 10k.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Why does my POS keep running? I’d take it if my car didn’t run despite my best efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Jesus Fucking Christ, change that timing belt, bro!

Also: this is a pretty solid deal on a 3rd gen 4runner. You can't ask for a better UT adventure rig for under 10k.
    At least it's a non interference engine, but still...!

These are great trucks. Just needs regular oil changes, valve cover gaskets and brakes. I could sell mine today for the same I bought it for 5 years and 100k long hard miles ago. But I won't.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.