Kevlar insoles for work boots/shoes

Walking around a very muddy construction site yesterday in muck boots and I stepped on a # 8 ring shank or a ring shank Tico.

One of my pet bitches is shitheads who are way too casual about disposal of nails.

Anyway, my Tetanus is still good but I would rather not go through this again. Anyone ever use puncture proof insoles in their shoes?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

i've used these: https://indestructibleshoes.com/
    truly puncture proof and steel toed.
    swing your fucking sword.

My muck boots have a steel shank in them.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

LaCrosse makes at least two boot models with puncture resistant soles.

I figure the inserts have to work if they meet ASTM but have never tried.

Well I guess I got off lucky, last nail in the foot was 25 years ago +- and it was a 16 framing nail in deep that still flares up from time to time.

This one was shallow and off to the side. Gonna try some and hopefully never put them to the test.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I had to clean out an old reservoir on the farm that was full of nail hazards. I used these, but only because I had them. Kind of spendy and their purpose is to stiffen footwear, but I can't imagine a nail going through.
    https://www.acor.com/orthotic-inserts.php#

As a kid running though the woods I stepped on a board with a nail in it. Came right out the top of my chuck taylors.

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Ended up with these.

https://steelflex.com/collections/soleguardz%E2%84%A2

A little heavy but easy to fit and they look like they will stop a nail.

I dunno.... I walk 5+ miles on job sites daily and have never put a nail thru my sole. (Knock on wood) A nail would have to be in a piece of loose lumber to do that, and you shouldn’t be walking around on loose lumber... you mentioned this hasn’t happened in 25 years, maybe just bad luck. If you spend as much time on your feet as I do, you likely have spent a decent amount of time getting your boots and insoles dialed so your feet aren’t screaming by Friday. I don’t know that adding weight and stiffness to your sole would be the best idea.. I’d bet you can get to the end of your career before you put another nail thru your sole.

I do pull shorty self-tappers out of my boots on the daily... the geometry of those guys is just made to flip upside and stick. Luckily not long enough to go thru the rubber though...

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Except this nail wasn't in loose lumber, water and mud filled ditch. Sheer bad luck on my part.

I walked around in them yesterday and they were damn comfortable and are not stiff in the least.

I’ve worn waders for field work that had protective full steel shanks. They were very flexible and felt similar as other cheap waders I’ve used w/o that shank. I never tested them on a nail as far as I know, but walked in plenty of sketchy and murky ditches with them.

The Muck Boots(tm) I was wearing have a steel shank but its about the size of a stick of gum, this nail went in to the forward pad behind the 2nd little toe. The insoles I bought are pretty comfy after 2 days of wandering around in mud almost knee deep covered in snow or saturated with melting snow.

I am not planning on trying them out by jumping on a 16 but they seem to be what the doctor ordered.