Thread: Runners Bump

Runners Bump

Anyone have experience on this? My left foot, through Google diagnosis, is suffering with this right now. Just looking for any experiences and what you may have done to settle it.

Not sure what runners bump is but I recently had a spot at the front of my foot about the size of a pencil eraser head that was “hot” for about a month and a half. Longest it’s ever lasted. Sometimes that spot gets irritated from walking barefoot on hard surfaces for me. Right at the base of my 4th toe, basically on the bottom side of the knuckle.

it's this (not my foot) and is annoying.

Did you change the shoes you run in recently and do they lace different/higher on the ankle? I had a bump on the front side of my ankle years ago - not sure if it was runners bump or a ganglion cyst, but I do remember it appeared after changing shoes/brands. Not sure how/when it went away.

I’ve had those. Try different lacing strategies to take off the pressure (assuming you got it from running). Switching to elastic laces can help too since you don’t need to tie them as tightly.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post
    Did you change the shoes you run in recently and do they lace different/higher on the ankle? I had a bump on the front side of my ankle years ago - not sure if it was runners bump or a ganglion cyst, but I do remember it appeared after changing shoes/brands. Not sure how/when it went away.
    Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    I’ve had those. Try different lacing strategies to take off the pressure (assuming you got it from running). Switching to elastic laces can help too since you don’t need to tie them as tightly.
    Thanks guys. I don't run, that's just it. I think it had to do with my new ski boots. Also, the boots I wear for work. But, yesterday, I was sitting down looking at it and was pushing it a bit and it popped. Weird, could even hear it when it did. It went down to nothing nearly immediately. No pain or anything so I think it was a Ganglion cyst. Seems to be normal again. It was gross looking and now, nothing.

Hi, I’m a spammer! All of these marklar are very smurfy but I think that the marklar can be reduced by using special sort of marklar which can help you in buying my chinese crap.

Thanks mags for reporting spambots!
    Last edited by ill-advised strategy; 08-29-2021 at 07:08 AM. Reason: REPORT ALL SPAMBOTS

Circling back to this old thread..bumping it, pardon the pun. A year ago, the cyst had grown back so I was referred to an ortho who specializes in ankles. It didn't respond to aspiration so I opted for a steroid shot. That got me through last winter but returned again over the summer.

Today, the ortho removed it for me surgically. Says that as soon as the sutures are removed, I should be good to go. Fingers crossed!