Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    33,034

    Any Bulletproof coffee drinkers here?

    Are you using the original yak fat recipe??? )

    Damn. This shit wakes me up crystal clear. Using organic butter, MCT, and organic half and half then blenderizing it for the aeration effect. It's like the best latte I've ever had. Killer brain food.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    25,727
    I did for a while when I first went keto, and agree that it is a tasty drink.

    But I'm back to just my regular coffee now (but use heavy cream and not milk because I'm still lazy keto).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    3,804
    I put Kerrygold in my coffee

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    funland
    Posts
    5,097
    what effects will be different if I dont have the organic version of the milk products?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ogden
    Posts
    6,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    what effects will be different if I dont have the organic version of the milk products?
    The Keto Jedis wonít be able to sense your presence with a disturbance in the force.

    And itíll cost half as much.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    between campus and church
    Posts
    7,406

    Any Bulletproof coffee drinkers here?

    I feel like the amount of effort exerted to eat like a caveman is more than the average caveman required for all functions.

    Just drink your coffee black for gods sake.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    6,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Just drink your coffee black for fucks sake.
    fify. We don't want this to become religious or it could end up in the other room.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    33,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I feel like the amount of effort exerted to eat like a caveman is more than the average caveman required for all functions.

    Just drink your coffee black for gods sake.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    fify. We don't want this to become religious or it could end up in the other room.
    You do you, Boo. Ain't no preaching coming from my side.
    But feel free to issue commandments.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SLC, Utah
    Posts
    1,918
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    what effects will be different if I dont have the organic version of the milk products?
    not sure about the organic vs non organic thing, but ice man schooled me on the importance of grass-fed butter and how beneficial conjugated linoleic acid is. kerrygold is expensive but absolutely delicious.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    tetons
    Posts
    7,468
    Andrew's been drinking it daily for the past 3 or 4yrs. Since his summer mornings start around 4:30 or 5am, he needed early energy but was not really hungry for solid food and this does this trick.
    He says it also prevents the coffee gut rot when you don't get to eat
    He does a spoonful of coconut oil, spoonful of ghee and then cracks a raw egg into the hot coffee in the blender and blends it up. He takes 2 big travel mugs almost every morning
    I have not gotten on board bc I already have kind of highish cholesterol so I go black
    skid luxury

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    18,776
    Had some the other day, it was tasty, reminded me of yak butter tea from Tibet
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Gallatin County
    Posts
    1,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Just drink your coffee black for gods sake.
    This! If the coffee is any good it is fine black and won't stain your teeth the way coffee with dairy will.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Access to Granlibakken
    Posts
    8,789
    Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    This! If the coffee is any good it is fine black and won't stain your teeth the way coffee with dairy will.
    Sounds like BS to this chemist. And apparently dentists agree with me:

    The color of your coffee when you actually drink it is going to affect how deeply it stains your teeth. When you add milk to your coffee, it lightens the color of the drink and it actually provides your teeth with protection for the staining acids in the coffee. Milk, if it comes from an animal like a cow, is high in protein that binds to the polyphenols in coffee. Instead of attaching to and staining your teeth, the polyphenols move on to the stomach, where they can then be swiftly broken down. It is important to note that only animal milk will prevent staining in this manner. Soy milk may taste just as good in your coffee, but because it does not contain the same kinds of proteins, it may not adequately protect coffee stains on teeth

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    6,135
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    You do you, Boo. Ain't no preaching coming from my side.
    But feel free to issue commandments.
    I've never heard of it. Sounds tasty actually.

    These guys say don't make a habit of it replacing breakfast.
    https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...-is-a-bad-idea

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    2 hours from anything
    Posts
    8,716

    Any Bulletproof coffee drinkers here?

    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    I've never heard of it. Sounds tasty actually.

    These guys say don't make a habit of it replacing breakfast.
    https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...-is-a-bad-idea
    That is pretty weak. The downsides are that eliminating one meal will eliminate 1/3rd of your nutrients, there is saturated fat in butter, and a ketogenic / low carb diet doesnít increase cholesterol but this will...

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sea2Sky2Ski
    Posts
    1,853
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Are you using the original yak fat recipe??? )

    Damn. This shit wakes me up crystal clear. Using organic butter, MCT, and organic half and half then blenderizing it for the aeration effect. It's like the best latte I've ever had. Killer brain food.
    Been there. Done that. The fad didn't last very long with me. I don't suggest buying MCT oils and special ingredients. Can do it with coconut oil and regular butter all the same. Egg coffee probably works the same and is tastier. That being said, my KETO MLM friend is nuts about the MCT oils and blends and looks a lot healthier now.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman
    One in the bush is better than two in the hand ―PG
    What cannot be settled by skiing is not worth debating ―Mike Alder.
    My friend's mom has recurring anal prolapse. I tell him, 'Just be glad she isn't invested in crypto'. ― unknown

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Orangina
    Posts
    7,804
    I don't know what a bulletproof coffee is but I've started adding Lions Mane, 5 Defenders and cocoa powder in my coffee every morning.

    I'm not usually into this sort of thing but I'm pretty confident in the Lions Mane. After about three weeks I felt much sharper in the afternoon when I'd traditionally lag.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,695
    Hype and placebo. And yeah, sat fat makes yer brain feel good. And yeah, caffeine is caffeine.

    Bulletproof coffee>any other random coffee? Pfft... Fuck that snake oil salesman and his BS. Don't feed the trolls.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ogden
    Posts
    6,677
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    I don't know what a bulletproof coffee is but I've started adding Lions Mane, 5 Defenders and cocoa powder in my coffee every morning.

    I'm not usually into this sort of thing but I'm pretty confident in the Lions Mane. After about three weeks I felt much sharper in the afternoon when I'd traditionally lag.
    Is it a Lairdís Superfood creamer type deal? Or just plain powdered Lions Mane?

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Orangina
    Posts
    7,804
    Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Is it a Lairdís Superfood creamer type deal? Or just plain powdered Lions Mane?
    Straight powder in capsule form.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    13,687
    Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Fuck that snake oil salesman and his BS. Don't feed the trolls.
    Asprey is pretty much totally open about being addicted to modafinil, so it's amazing so many people take him seriously. His branded coffee is complete scam. Calling drinking hundreds of calories fasting is absurd.

    It is a tasty beverage, though. I sort of make a version that was born out of necessity. I once had whole beans, no grinder, and a blendtech on hand. So, I added whole beans, hot water and some butter, then let it rip and filtered with French press. Turned out pretty good so I refined it a bit. Now I also add glycine and powdered gelatin. I don't go very heavy on the kerrygold and it still tastes super rich. It's a kickass "latte" when that's what I'm in the mood for.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    33,034
    That's what it is for me - a great latte. I run it all through the blender. MCT for the C8 molecule (I think) is why Asprey says to use it. I already get organic half and half and kerrygold butter and keep MCT around for making cbd sublinguals. But I find that when I drink it, it's better than most any latte I've ever paid for and I can go until 1 pm before I get hungry. It's helping me lose the covid jellyroll.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    6,135
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    I don't know what a bulletproof coffee is but I've started adding Lions Mane, 5 Defenders and cocoa powder in my coffee every morning.

    I'm not usually into this sort of thing but I'm pretty confident in the Lions Mane. After about three weeks I felt much sharper in the afternoon when I'd traditionally lag.
    Yeah, I use Lions Mane also, but I honestly didn't notice a difference. I ran out a couple weeks ago and haven't replaced...yet.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Orangina
    Posts
    7,804
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Yeah, I use Lions Mane also, but I honestly didn't notice a difference. I ran out a couple weeks ago and haven't replaced...yet.
    Another interesting thing (which is 100% anecdotal) is that I have pretty bad tinnitus and around the time I started taking Lions Mane, the tinnitus noticeably subsided. It's still there but seems to have really quieted down. Too many variables to even hypothesize but I find it interesting.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sea2Sky2Ski
    Posts
    1,853
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Another interesting thing (which is 100% anecdotal) is that I have pretty bad tinnitus and around the time I started taking Lions Mane, the tinnitus noticeably subsided. It's still there but seems to have really quieted down. Too many variables to even hypothesize but I find it interesting.
    Was there anything else that subsided? Or was it just the tinnitus? (I saw some Lions Mane on a walk last year. Wasn't aware it was a prized edible).
    Last edited by puregravity; 04-25-2021 at 11:52 PM.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman
    One in the bush is better than two in the hand ―PG
    What cannot be settled by skiing is not worth debating ―Mike Alder.
    My friend's mom has recurring anal prolapse. I tell him, 'Just be glad she isn't invested in crypto'. ― unknown

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •