Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any Bulletproof coffee drinkers here?

Are you using the original yak fat recipe??? )

Damn. This shit wakes me up crystal clear. Using organic butter, MCT, and organic half and half then blenderizing it for the aeration effect. It's like the best latte I've ever had. Killer brain food.

I did for a while when I first went keto, and agree that it is a tasty drink.

But I'm back to just my regular coffee now (but use heavy cream and not milk because I'm still lazy keto).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I put Kerrygold in my coffee

what effects will be different if I dont have the organic version of the milk products?

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    what effects will be different if I dont have the organic version of the milk products?
    The Keto Jedis won’t be able to sense your presence with a disturbance in the force.

And it’ll cost half as much.

I feel like the amount of effort exerted to eat like a caveman is more than the average caveman required for all functions.

Just drink your coffee black for gods sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Just drink your coffee black for fucks sake.
    fify. We don't want this to become religious or it could end up in the other room.

I feel like the amount of effort exerted to eat like a caveman is more than the average caveman required for all functions.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    fify. We don't want this to become religious or it could end up in the other room.
    You do you, Boo. Ain't no preaching coming from my side.
    But feel free to issue commandments.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    not sure about the organic vs non organic thing, but ice man schooled me on the importance of grass-fed butter and how beneficial conjugated linoleic acid is. kerrygold is expensive but absolutely delicious.

Andrew's been drinking it daily for the past 3 or 4yrs. Since his summer mornings start around 4:30 or 5am, he needed early energy but was not really hungry for solid food and this does this trick.
    He says it also prevents the coffee gut rot when you don't get to eat
    He does a spoonful of coconut oil, spoonful of ghee and then cracks a raw egg into the hot coffee in the blender and blends it up. He takes 2 big travel mugs almost every morning
    I have not gotten on board bc I already have kind of highish cholesterol so I go black
    skid luxury

Had some the other day, it was tasty, reminded me of yak butter tea from Tibet
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

This! If the coffee is any good it is fine black and won't stain your teeth the way coffee with dairy will.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    This! If the coffee is any good it is fine black and won't stain your teeth the way coffee with dairy will.
    Sounds like BS to this chemist. And apparently dentists agree with me:

The color of your coffee when you actually drink it is going to affect how deeply it stains your teeth. When you add milk to your coffee, it lightens the color of the drink and it actually provides your teeth with protection for the staining acids in the coffee. Milk, if it comes from an animal like a cow, is high in protein that binds to the polyphenols in coffee. Instead of attaching to and staining your teeth, the polyphenols move on to the stomach, where they can then be swiftly broken down. It is important to note that only animal milk will prevent staining in this manner. Soy milk may taste just as good in your coffee, but because it does not contain the same kinds of proteins, it may not adequately protect coffee stains on teeth

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    You do you, Boo. Ain't no preaching coming from my side.
    But feel free to issue commandments.
    I've never heard of it. Sounds tasty actually.

These guys say don't make a habit of it replacing breakfast.
    https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...-is-a-bad-idea

I've never heard of it. Sounds tasty actually.

These guys say don't make a habit of it replacing breakfast.
    https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...-is-a-bad-idea
    That is pretty weak. The downsides are that eliminating one meal will eliminate 1/3rd of your nutrients, there is saturated fat in butter, and a ketogenic / low carb diet doesn’t increase cholesterol but this will...

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Are you using the original yak fat recipe??? )

Damn. This shit wakes me up crystal clear. Using organic butter, MCT, and organic half and half then blenderizing it for the aeration effect. It's like the best latte I've ever had. Killer brain food.
    Been there. Done that. The fad didn't last very long with me. I don't suggest buying MCT oils and special ingredients. Can do it with coconut oil and regular butter all the same. Egg coffee probably works the same and is tastier. That being said, my KETO MLM friend is nuts about the MCT oils and blends and looks a lot healthier now.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

I don't know what a bulletproof coffee is but I've started adding Lions Mane, 5 Defenders and cocoa powder in my coffee every morning.

I'm not usually into this sort of thing but I'm pretty confident in the Lions Mane. After about three weeks I felt much sharper in the afternoon when I'd traditionally lag.

Hype and placebo. And yeah, sat fat makes yer brain feel good. And yeah, caffeine is caffeine.

Bulletproof coffee>any other random coffee? Pfft... Fuck that snake oil salesman and his BS. Don't feed the trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    I don't know what a bulletproof coffee is but I've started adding Lions Mane, 5 Defenders and cocoa powder in my coffee every morning.

I'm not usually into this sort of thing but I'm pretty confident in the Lions Mane. After about three weeks I felt much sharper in the afternoon when I'd traditionally lag.
    Is it a Laird’s Superfood creamer type deal? Or just plain powdered Lions Mane?

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Is it a Laird’s Superfood creamer type deal? Or just plain powdered Lions Mane?
    Straight powder in capsule form.

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Fuck that snake oil salesman and his BS. Don't feed the trolls.
    Asprey is pretty much totally open about being addicted to modafinil, so it's amazing so many people take him seriously. His branded coffee is complete scam. Calling drinking hundreds of calories fasting is absurd.

It is a tasty beverage, though. I sort of make a version that was born out of necessity. I once had whole beans, no grinder, and a blendtech on hand. So, I added whole beans, hot water and some butter, then let it rip and filtered with French press. Turned out pretty good so I refined it a bit. Now I also add glycine and powdered gelatin. I don't go very heavy on the kerrygold and it still tastes super rich. It's a kickass "latte" when that's what I'm in the mood for.

That's what it is for me - a great latte. I run it all through the blender. MCT for the C8 molecule (I think) is why Asprey says to use it. I already get organic half and half and kerrygold butter and keep MCT around for making cbd sublinguals. But I find that when I drink it, it's better than most any latte I've ever paid for and I can go until 1 pm before I get hungry. It's helping me lose the covid jellyroll.

Yeah, I use Lions Mane also, but I honestly didn't notice a difference. I ran out a couple weeks ago and haven't replaced...yet.

Yeah, I use Lions Mane also, but I honestly didn't notice a difference. I ran out a couple weeks ago and haven't replaced...yet.
    Another interesting thing (which is 100% anecdotal) is that I have pretty bad tinnitus and around the time I started taking Lions Mane, the tinnitus noticeably subsided. It's still there but seems to have really quieted down. Too many variables to even hypothesize but I find it interesting.

Another interesting thing (which is 100% anecdotal) is that I have pretty bad tinnitus and around the time I started taking Lions Mane, the tinnitus noticeably subsided. It's still there but seems to have really quieted down. Too many variables to even hypothesize but I find it interesting.
    Was there anything else that subsided? Or was it just the tinnitus? (I saw some Lions Mane on a walk last year. Wasn't aware it was a prized edible).
    Last edited by puregravity; 04-25-2021 at 11:52 PM.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er