X-Games Real MTB

6 Videos and they're all completely bonkers.

Cam Zink

Veronique Sandler

DJ Brandt

Danny Macaskill

Brandon Semenuk

Brage Vestavik

Brage takes it for me, followed by Brandt.

Said it on the other ski forum, I'll say it here again, not sure if winches are the future of freeride, but they're cooler than Ebikes.

It's weird, I think Danny and Semenuk have given us so much high quality content, outside of the constraints of this contest, that we're accustomed to having our minds blown at a higher level. Both edits were awesome, especially in the context of the contest, but I don't think either was the best edit we've seen from that particular rider, which clouds my judgement. IDK, I finally got no handers dialed yesterday so I'm totally qualified to judge these guys.

Just came over to post this.

Brage just did things I've never seen before. I like the raw feel of it, it worked for that video.

I'm going to watch the rest in a few.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

I give it to Brage by a fairly significant margin. His whole edit is just mind blowing. The half cab on a skinny to drop is insane. And that log ride to log ride gap with a crank flip would be completely nuts on it's own. Doing that in the snow is just a whole new level. And yeah, big drops. (Mostly) on a trail bike.

I'd give 2nd place to Zink or Semenuk, but they're all pretty close.

I agree on Brage's being just nuts.

Second and third are tougher for me. Second probably to Semenuk for the editing and his usual smooth stylish riding. Third I'd tossup between Veronique and Danny. I liked hers because it mixed in trail riding with all the jumps and tricks. And Danny is fucking Danny.

Brandt and Zink were the least impressive for me. Nothing standout to me in theirs, and I particularly hated the music in Brandt.

Brage ftmfw. Damn.

Btw we don’t really have a Cool Videos thread here do we? I semi regularly check that thread on ridemonkey; maybe we need one here

X-Games Real MTB

Follow Brage on Instagram if you don’t already
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 04-19-2021 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Btw we don’t really have a Cool Videos thread here do we? I semi regularly check that thread on ridemonkey; maybe we need one here
    I looked before posting and didn't find anything. There's the BMX one, but that's different. Someone should probably start one.

Brage's is absurd, and the more raw, shooting in the backyard vibe fits the format really well.

Cam, Danny, and Semenuk all show off some great riding, but I think I'm somehow judging all three on a curve of some of the other stuff they've done. Cam's, in particular, has a bunch of HUGE moves that somehow don't pop in the video as being as impressive as they actually are, if you think about it a little harder.

Vero rips, her's is great too. Brandt does a bunch of cool riding, but the bro-vibes from his edit are way too strong. I think I could smell the Axe body spray though my computer.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Brandt does a bunch of cool riding, but the bro-vibes from his edit are way too strong. I think I could smell the Axe body spray though my computer.
    Hahaha... yeah.

Just caught this thread. I saw the Brage yesterday. Blown away. All these guys and girl rip it!

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    I agree on Brage's being just nuts.

Second and third are tougher for me. Second probably to Semenuk for the editing and his usual smooth stylish riding. Third I'd tossup between Veronique and Danny. I liked hers because it mixed in trail riding with all the jumps and tricks. And Danny is fucking Danny.

Brandt and Zink were the least impressive for me. Nothing standout to me in theirs, and I particularly hated the music in Brandt.
    I love Brage's video as well, but what's funny is Brage did a 40-50 foot straight drop that people went nuts over, yet Zink did a 25 foot backflip to concrete and a 40 foot 360.

Semenuk just makes this look too easy. No one has more style.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    I love Brage's video as well, but what's funny is Brage did a 40-50 foot straight drop that people went nuts over, yet Zink did a 25 foot backflip to concrete and a 40 foot 360.

Zink's segment was nuts. That said, a lot of what he did was just re-riding his rampage line from a couple years ago. We've already seen those exact moves in that exact location. Doesn't detract from the difficulty, but it does detract from the excitement of seeing it.

Brage had big drops, and crazy tech moves, and tricks, and good old fashioned riding in slop. Everyone else had some of that, but not all of it.

Brage wins pretty handidly, but all were impressive as hell. Semenuk does have best style though, multiple late can-cans (edit: or are they knack-knacks? i dunno) after some crazy flips etc
    Last edited by VTskibum; 04-20-2021 at 01:44 PM.

Brage gets my vote.

The thing about Brage is its not the same shit. I wasn't surprised by Zink or Semenuk is its fairly expected, known, and while insane, stylish, and quality, nothing they did was surprising to me. Brage had the BB rock smash stall to 180, and the insane half cab off the skinny, those to tricks alone, plus the BB slide to nose bonk, give him the leg up, refreshing tricks, better vibe to the video, maybe its just that its not S.UT or similar, but yeah, he takes it. I love watching Cam and Semenuk ride, but damn.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Brages was raw and very metal.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    He'd probably benefit from a little more slo-mo. Everything he does is just so damn smooth and he makes it look easy.

Loved the part where Danny hops off his bike over the tree branch. I can't even comprehend half of the shit he does.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

I give it to Brage simply because of who he's up against. It's like the olympics, where the wild card wins because he's got nothing to lose. Made me stoked to ride, which I think should be the metric with mountain bike videos.
    As said by others, Semenuk and MacAskill are awesome, but I'm judging them against their previous works.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Loved the part where Danny hops off his bike over the tree branch. I can't even comprehend half of the shit he does.
    This. How the hell did he do that?! I’d say Danny took a close second. Every video was so good in its own way

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    Every video was so good in its own way

Yeah, I actually like Véronique riding with her dog the most. Because I could relate.

The stuff the guys are doing, is just totally unreal.

Yesterday the pinkbike poll had more votes for Brage than all the others combined.

Thanks for posting. Going to watch these tonight

Those were awesome. Brage wins, but I really liked Zink's edit too.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy