Red Bull SuperSkiCross Final - Andermatt, Switzerland March 2021

For anyone else who likes this kind of stuff the following directions work using a browser on a PC; not sure about control on other devices or apps.

There's a lot of talking up front. Course run through (follow) starts at 16:40, POV at 18:08. To jump to a specific time mouseover or click on the video area and then click or drag on the timeline that shows up there.

All the actual competition runs can be jumped to using the circles on the lower timeline as per pic below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Redbull SuperSkiCross.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	201.1 KB 
ID:	371960

https://www.redbull.com/us-en/live/r...ki-cross-final

Crazy course. Not sure why they call the last feature a cheese wedge. It’s a vagina. Or birth canal. Or whacky crack. #RockSprings
    . . .

Race Director must be an Almodovar fan.

What a finals finish. Cant believe all 4 racers stayed fun side down at the end. Cool to see a few different lines used successfully on the course.

I miss skier X

Love the meticulously constructed courses, but also like seeing four guys battling it in a more natural environment. I was lucky to catch one of the Rahlves Banzai stops several years ago at Kirkwood. Positioned myself across from the top of Chair 11 so I could see the skiers bombing down The Wall and then launching into the gully. What a blast!

A different Banzai stop held at Sugar Bowl...

The broadcast starts about 2 minutes in, (Jonny Moseley's one of the commentators), Rahlves skis the course at 5:30, and the final run (with Rahlves) starts at 37:50.

Great stuff!
    Last edited by fomofo; 04-21-2021 at 11:51 AM.

Howden is a beast of a skier. Always fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by fomofo View Post
    Love the meticulously constructed courses, but also like seeing four guys battling it in a more natural environment. I was lucky to catch one of the Rahlves Banzai stops several years ago at Kirkwood. Positioned myself across from the top of Chair 11 so I could see the skiers bombing down The Wall and then launching into the gully. What a blast!

A different Banzai stop held at Sugar Bowl...

The broadcast starts about 2 minutes in, (Jonny Moseley's one of the commentators), Rahlves skis the course at 5:30, and the final run (with Rahlves) starts at 37:50.

Great stuff!
    Now this is some cool shit

Although some of the other dudes were very good, Rahlves was for sure the best skier on the mountain. Plus - home field advantage. Pretty much a lock.

Amazing skiing by all any way you cut it!

The race that rahlves holds at sugar bowl is a revival/version of the Silver Belt Race that started in 1940.

Yup, lotta history there!

Name:  1957 Silver Belt Race.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  105.6 KB

List of Silver Belt Races on alpineskiworld.net
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by fomofo; 04-25-2021 at 12:42 PM.

gives a new meaning to visibility is over-rated, holy shit!
    Very cool race.

They should show some crash footage.
    Aggressive in my own mind