Salsa Blackthorn and Cassidy

Anyone here have a Salsa Blackthorn or Cassidy? Or spent time demo-ing? Would like to hear your thoughts.

The Blackthorn in particular, in the carbon SLX build, is an enticing package. Numbers are similar to the new Devinci Troy, but less expensive.

https://www.rei.com/product/178181/s...arbon-slx-bike

I have a Devinci Marshall 29 with the split pivot suspension, and I like the split pivot - but given Covid availability of bikes, I could sell that Marshall for more than I paid, and move to a Blackthorn for not a big $ increase.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Assuming you saw this, but if not:
    https://www.pinkbike.com/news/field-...ack-eater.html

Yes, saw that PB review - thanks. Curious if anyone here has one, so as to get a more real world review too.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Test ride one in parking lot and talked to shop about it. Local shop in NH love em and seemed like a capable bike, just with a more "on" bike feel than "in" bike feel.

Bump.

REI has the Blackthorn SLX carbon back in stock, supposedly. M and L only. A friend bought a M a couple months back, so I got to check it out... nice build.
    https://www.rei.com/product/178181/s...arbon-slx-bike

Salsa Blackthorn and Cassidy

Ugggggh that matte tan color sucks (GOTOS rig anyone?) but the geo and spec on the Blackthorn looks great
    Last edited by Falcon3; 07-25-2021 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Ugggggh that matte tan color sucks (GOTOS rig anyone?) but the geo and spec on the Blackthorn looks great
    I don't buy based on color... and I ordered one.

$4999. No sales tax if delivered to Oregon, and there's an REI in Bend. And free delivery to the store.

And 15% back when run through REI's credit card (5% card, 10% dividend). And apparently you can request a check in lieu of the annual dividend, so I'm gonna do that.

That’s a sick looking rig. Salsa always over delivers on the tech/value & this looks wicked.