Amazon's The Lord of the Rings

Looking forward to another version than Jackson's, $465 Million for the first season alone.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...ion-one-season

Can’t help but feel that it’s not going to be that good anyway. Hope that they make a good ROI on this, but man I’m just so burnt out on these revisits and remakes. Maybe they pull it off, but I am so skeptical at this point I don’t even want to take a chance on it.

I mean, the hobbit trilogy already showed how modern Hollywood treats old film franchises: money grabs that end up damaging the brand through mediocre story writing, lean of special effects, and actors who are more interested in taking a payday than actually caring (not to mention politically-charged agendas that tend to creep into the storyline more and more these days).

You see the same thing with Star Wars, Jurassic park, Star Trek, Terminator, even Disney live-action remakes. These are beloved classic stories that were produced in a different era of filmmaking, and have created a cornerstone of storytelling that should be honored. To see all these new films is like watching corporate America pillage and plunder for its own greed, tarnishing these great stories in search of higher profits.

It’s like they can’t even make an effort anymore. It’s just about the bottom line for their companies, rather than taking a chance and making movies that people actually care about. Godzilla vs Kong is a great example of how far the industry has fallen, settling for special effects to sell a substandard product instead of investing the time needed to make it good to begin with.

Sorry for the rant, but this is why I don’t bother watching most new movies anymore. I’ve been burned way too many times, and have become numb at this point.

Based on this description, from the article, doesn't sound like a remake of Jackson's LOTR.....

"The official description: The Lord of the Rings "brings to screens for the very first time the heroic legends of the fabled Second Age of Middle-earth's history. This epic drama is set thousands of years before the events of J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, and will take viewers back to an era in which great powers were forged, kingdoms rose to glory and fell to ruin, unlikely heroes were tested, hope hung by the finest of threads, and the greatest villain that ever flowed from Tolkien's pen threatened to cover all the world in darkness. Beginning in a time of relative peace, the series follows an ensemble cast of characters, both familiar and new, as they confront the long-feared re-emergence of evil to Middle-earth. From the darkest depths of the Misty Mountains, to the majestic forests of the elf-capital of Lindon, to the breathtaking island kingdom of Númenor, to the furthest reaches of the map, these kingdoms and characters will carve out legacies that live on long after they are gone."
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Sounds like the Silmarillion.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Sounds like the Silmarillion.
    Yep, which would be the shit.....
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

You see the same thing with Star Wars, Jurassic park, Star Trek, Terminator, even Disney live-action remakes. These are beloved classic stories that were produced in a different era of filmmaking
    I mean mostly I agree with you, but a pre-LOR story could be really cool.

And fucking I loooove the Mandalorian.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Yep, which would be the shit.....
    Sure.

But it easier to just complain and lament the passing of the golden age of film. Nothing is done like back in the day. They barely fit racism into any of those updated Disney flicks. I mean, what are they without some passive hate anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    I mean, the hobbit trilogy already showed how modern Hollywood treats old film franchises: money grabs that end up damaging the brand through mediocre story writing, lean of special effects, and actors who are more interested in taking a payday than actually caring (not to mention politically-charged agendas that tend to creep into the storyline more and more these days).
    Agreed that the Hobbit was a beautiful children's book stretched into an unwatchable hot garbage of a trilogy.

they trued to use parts of the Silmarillion to beef it up and just made it worse.

Hopefully this will tell those stories well. Its an amazing world JRT built, I like seeing it explored.

Quote Originally Posted by Clay12 View Post
    No matter how much I tried to love films about The Hobbit, I still can't put them on a par with books. For example, in the case of Harry Potter, I re-read books and watched films several times - for me this is a masterpiece. What can I not say about the Hobbit trilogy.
    Did you get a tattoo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Did you get a tattoo?
    I laffed.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Did you get a tattoo?
    And a Jaguar?