Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
    Really depends on what the union does and how it's structured.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

They picked the right political environment to do this in. A year ago they all would have been fired.

Quote Originally Posted by mr walker View Post
    Congratulations (I hope). The ballots for Breckenridge get opened in one hour. I desperately want this to be a good thing for all patrols going down this road, regardless of the voting results. But there’s that thing about good intentions and unintended consequences...
    My two cents: the ability to screw around and do fun stuff on company time has greatly diminished even in the time I've been around, and there are plenty of folks who have decades on me and have even better stories about the good old days. I can't speak to the BS patrol specifically, but I'm pretty sure a fair number of the hijinks I knew about while patrolling 15 years ago would go over much worse today (and one of my coworkers managed to get canned back then, at a small Vermont area, so take that as you will).

So, in short, the expectation of professional behavior seems to have increased substantially without a parallel expectation of professional-level pay.

I suspect there are places left where things are relatively laid back, but they'll become fewer and fewer over time. It is a fine line--you don't want the fun to get in the way of providing prompt and high quality care for an injured skier-- but if the pendulum swings too far into the "act like a professional" direction, expect that the workers are going to also ask to be treated like professionals.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

https://bigskyresort.com/tram-access-faq

Access Packs are pre-purchased at flat rates and can be used throughout the season. There will be no differences in pricing for different age groups.

Tram Access Pack Price
    3 Day Tram Access Pack $150
    5 Day Tram Access Pack $225

Tram Access Packs will be available to purchase beginning June 2021. Limited quantities will be available.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch