Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Find out how your patroller buddy voted RE: Unionization. He may still be your buddy except for the patroller part.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I’ll boycott next year for yall. Do you want me to write Boyne to let them know we no longer plan to visit and will not be stay in their properties and eating in their restaurants.

Full disclosure. We were not planning any of those things for next year but we could actively plan not to do them now.

I just don’t see the value in visiting when I need to pay $50-80 more to ride the tram on any given day. As a visiting person it would be real hard to figure out how to make that call not knowing local weather patterns and how that effects operations.

Fuck BS. Maybe I’ll never ski that place.

If they had a slow chair up the backside of the peak (kind of like snowbird) the. I’d understand. It seems to me on a bluebird day there are a ton of lines I’d like to ski off the top. Rest of the hill looks decent but not primo.

Maybe if they offered a free quire to the best of the lower mountain lifts that t would make it almost okay.

The rich won’t mind. They don’t want folks like me at their country club. I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Imagine going to Whistler and having to pay extra for Peak laps. That'd be SUPER ghey...
    When Peak to Peak opened, it was an extra charge for a couple years. I refused to pay and would pick one mountain for the day. Now it's included and the resort is better for it. It seems BS is reversing the industry trend that added trams back into the pass price.

I'd actually be fine if they kept it separate and it was an extra $20. The variable aspect of it as well as not knowing what the pricing will be is the lame part. I had planned to use my Alpental pass 3 days there and may still, but this is definitely a strike against it. I wonder if the $20 charge will be the same for employees at other Boyne hills.

Ski patrollers were lapping the tram all winter and getting paid to ski as far as I could tell. No good reason for 20 ski patrollers an hour to need to ride the tram. Bunion, agree or disagree? What valuable function are they performing skiing up top all day? I understand if it's dumping they need to be doing ski cuts and monitoring slide potential, but most days that was not the case. Maybe I was just irritated waiting in the extra slow lines this year and my imagination was running wild every time I saw a pack of them coming up the back stairs.

Maybe I was just irritated waiting in the extra slow lines this year and my imagination was running wild every time I saw a pack of them coming up the back stairs.
    I need zero imagination to know what was going on if they are anything like patrollers I have seen over the years getting after it.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    I’ll boycott next year for yall. Do you want me to write Boyne to let them know we no longer plan to visit and will not be stay in their properties and eating in their restaurants.

Full disclosure. We were not planning any of those things for next year but we could actively plan not to do them now.
    So, you just want to troll them.

Ten to one, they don't care. For Gods sake man, it's an eight passenger one car tram in a high, alpine bowl. Do you think the Boomers and trust fund babies who dominate the place even really give a fuck? Maybe they use it once a week or even less just to say they used it, and rest a half hour during the day. Then they're off to spend a hundred bucks for lunch at that place on top of Ramcharger.
    You are not their market.

more smokeshack stoke is needed in this thread.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1619568603.522091.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	163.3 KB 
ID:	372919

this shack features interior artwork painted by a maggette. A large mural of a grizzly bear fucking a unicorn. How many ski areas can make that claim ?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    For Gods sake man, it's an eight passenger one car tram.
    Good lord you are dumb.

Yeah, sorry, 15. Express train loading.

Yeah, sorry, 15. Express train loading.
    And two cars. Wrong on every count.

Of course two cars. Sorry for my bad English. You know what I mean. It's not made for crowds, duh.

I skied 6 days at BS this winter and I think we can all say the tram is pretty fucking cool.
    I observed lots of scenic riders based in all the skis left at the bottom rack.
    I think some BS passholders got only a certain number of tram days so were like no thanks on a day when the terrain was limited up there.
    By the end I figured out some tricks to timing the line. But also learned other places that ski well there.
    Stayed at the Corral. Wow there's a fun bar! Great steak.
    For people who ski there a lot: there is a boot pack up from the lookers left side top of a chair (can't remember name now) that looked not too long. How long is that? 20 minutes hike? That seems the way to go when snow is good up there but lines are long.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post

this shack features interior artwork painted by a maggette. A large mural of a grizzly bear fucking a unicorn. How many ski areas can make that claim ?

Pics or gtfo

Seriously. Never been in that shack, but that’s badass art.
    . . .

Fixed it

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    I skied 6 days at BS this winter and I think we can all say the tram is pretty fucking cool.
    I observed lots of scenic riders based in all the skis left at the bottom rack.
    I think some BS passholders got only a certain number of tram days so were like no thanks on a day when the terrain was limited up there.
    By the end I figured out some tricks to timing the line. But also learned other places that ski well there.
    Stayed at the Corral. Wow there's a fun bar! Great steak.
    For people who ski there a lot: there is a boot pack up from the lookers left side top of a chair (can't remember name now) that looked not too long. How long is that? 20 minutes hike? That seems the way to go when snow is good up there but lines are long.
    Most of those skis are set there by people in line who don't want to hold their skis while waiting. Grab them before you go through the gate. That's what I do.

You are either talking about the Bonecrusher bootpack above Swiftcurrent (15 minutes, actually starts lookers right), the Liberty Bowl bootpack above the Dakota chair (more like 40-60 minutes), or possibly the Headwaters hike above the Challenger and Headwaters chair (15-45 minutes). Unclear based on your description.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Ski patrollers were lapping the tram all winter and getting paid to ski as far as I could tell. No good reason for 20 ski patrollers an hour to need to ride the tram. Bunion, agree or disagree? What valuable function are they performing skiing up top all day? I understand if it's dumping they need to be doing ski cuts and monitoring slide potential, but most days that was not the case. Maybe I was just irritated waiting in the extra slow lines this year and my imagination was running wild every time I saw a pack of them coming up the back stairs.
    The Big Sky setup means there are maybe 10 patrollers stationed at the Summit and they stay up there skiing/posting unless they run a wreck. Then there are the snow safety folks rotating through and the visits from the directors. Pretty easy to see a lot of different crosses when you are waiting in a 1 hour line.

Its best not to rub it in peoples faces so I would usually try and trickle up those stairs. As I understand it the tram policy was a patrol only cabin so rather than running several of those an hour maybe they were trying to group up.

At any rate, ski patrol means that and unless the mountain looked like shit I preferred that staff are out skiing rather than sitting around a shack bitching. Busy patrollers are happy patrollers.

Always felt a little guilty riding the Poma at BB even if I was carrying skis but the locals didn't see to mind and it is expected there that you are working, skiing or recovering from both.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Also the upper a-z hike, but I guess that is to the right.

Does BS really make much money off ikon? seems like not much money to go around after aletera takes their cut.

Not to be a boyne boy, but I'll take them over vail or altera, and those two must be salivating about taking over BS.

So, you just want to troll them.

Ten to one, they don't care. For Gods sake man, it's an eight passenger one car tram in a high, alpine bowl. Do you think the Boomers and trust fund babies who dominate the place even really give a fuck? Maybe they use it once a week or even less just to say they used it, and rest a half hour during the day. Then they're off to spend a hundred bucks for lunch at that place on top of Ramcharger.
    You are not their market.
    Thanks Benny. For being a local and explaining it to me. And for being such a tool to totally not understand my post. Disappointing for a New England native. You really are a dullard. At least you are consistent.

Big Sky nixes tram access to Ikon/MC/day pass holders

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Pics or gtfo

Seriously. Never been in that shack, but that’s badass art.
    PM the maggette artiste’ yourself, she’s lurking on here. skifishbum hotboxxed the fuck out of that shack, he took pics of the artwork.

Said maggette has moved on from her lifty career and has put her artistic talent to good use as Big Sky’s premier tattoo artist. Her studio is very kuhl, its right next door to the brothel.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

She should sell t-shirts of that, so awesome.

Big Sky nixes tram access to Ikon/MC/day pass holders

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post

I might have my description of the artwork backwards. It might be the unicorn is fucking the grizzly bear. I guess we really do need pics. I hit that shack all the time, but I really can’t remember.

EDIT = yeahman beat me to it.

Last edited by Harry; 04-28-2021 at 04:54 AM.

I’m surprised uncharges like this are not more prevalent in the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Most of those skis are set there by people in line who don't want to hold their skis while waiting. Grab them before you go through the gate. That's what I do.

You are either talking about the Bonecrusher bootpack above Swiftcurrent (15 minutes, actually starts lookers right), the Liberty Bowl bootpack above the Dakota chair (more like 40-60 minutes), or possibly the Headwaters hike above the Challenger and Headwaters chair (15-45 minutes). Unclear based on your description.
    Looked at a map. The one from Dakota up liberty bowl.
    They could build a t bar up that, that would be rad
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Thanks Benny. For being a local and explaining it to me. And for being such a tool to totally not understand my post. Disappointing for a New England native. You really are a dullard. At least you are consistent.
    Dude, write that letter and then get back to us about the response. Thank you for your service. Really going out on a limb there. We all owe you for your sacrifice.