Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    Another topic, Anyone else find it odd they spending all that money to replace swifty and only increase of 25%, I was thinking math error...but I guess same speed and number of chairs? Is old swifty going to dakota? Are they widening road at top going down toward double triple?
    Big Sky never consults me on their lift upgrade plans, so I can only guess why the rider capacity on Swifty is only increasing by 25%. The long awaited gondola from the main base area to the somewhere around the Powder Seeker bottom terminal may be part of the answer. The gondola and Swifty will provide redundancy out of the main base that BS really needs to get people up the main aspect of Lone Peak (beyond riding Explorer to Challenger). A lot of people seem content to wait in huge lines for gondolas and I hope this will be true in the future.

It's on their FAQs about the tram access. Tram packs can be used anytime - holidays and weekends so I'd expect the upcharge.

Hmmm, that appears to be new info. So about $50 a day if you buy the pack, and anywhere from 20-80 a day if you choose auto-charge. Kind of a gamble to buy the pack, depending on when you ski.

I hope their season pass sales are in the shitter.

Yeah, I recall everyone saying it was a lemon when I worked there... amazing it lasted this long. The BS marketing push was claiming 25%...kind of silly brag.

Yeah, I think that is that tram pack:
    https://bigskyresort.com/tram-access...paign=4TAGZNQ5

I'm guessing the days I would want to ride the tram all day are going to be $50 or less at the gate. $80 days would be the long wait days. But who knows, regardless, I'm not buying a tram pack.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Hmmm, that appears to be new info. So about $50 a day if you buy the pack, and anywhere from 20-80 a day if you choose auto-charge. Kind of a gamble to buy the pack, depending on when you ski.

I hope their season pass sales are in the shitter.
    I am thinking their season pass sales "should" suffer as well as their IKON gravy.

This entire roll out seems like it has been poorly thought out and even more poorly executed and marketed.

If I am understanding this right you either buy the tram packs at a set price or you attach a CC to your RFID pass and should you decide to ski the tram you pay the 20-80 costs without much in the way of any idea if its 20 or 80 or somewhere in between.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I think it should be a roulette wheel at the gate. Let's see how committed some folks are then.

I imagine there will be something at the gate that indicates how much it will cost on a given day.

The biggest mistake I think they are making (of many) is the all-day-or-nothing approach. Why not sell individual rides? A lot of people only want to do one tram lap. Why rope them in all day? Doesn't that kind of defeat the idea of minimizing the line?

That and no limit on how many day of passes they sell, has me thinking line will not change much.

Some of the info reads like the type of base pass you have will factor into at gate price, like same day ikon might be $80, but green pass (lol) $20. But they also say depends on demand, I thought.

I've been to BS on 2 trips as an out-of-state visitor. Wouldn't even think of going back if tram access is going to be an upcharge.
    "Holy Cow!" someone exclaimed from the back of the stationwagon.

Big Sky nixes tram access to Ikon/MC/day pass holders

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    blockin their wifi acess would probably hurt mur and
    it aint like theres decent huts accessed off the stupid beer can
    and i wont be back
    well unless the plaid clad ex mayor hooks us up again
    Fuck. Yes.

#shacklife rules. That was a great time. Multiple days rolling thru the Resort hitting smokeshacks with SFB and the Utah Crew. Skiing with friends is what it’s all about.

Name:  IMG_0119.JPG
Views: 1133
Size:  97.7 KB

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I imagine there will be something at the gate that indicates how much it will cost on a given day.

The biggest mistake I think they are making (of many) is the all-day-or-nothing approach. Why not sell individual rides? A lot of people only want to do one tram lap. Why rope them in all day? Doesn't that kind of defeat the idea of minimizing the line?
    Probably way more revenue that way. Boyne
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Probably way more revenue that way. Boyne
    Yeah I’m not so sure. A bunch of people getting an affordable one lap ticket would likely spread em out over the day somewhat.

Big Sky nixes tram access to Ikon/MC/day pass holders

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Snowbird has had an up charge for the tram for years, if not decades. Someone can buy a chair only pass, or an unlimited pass. Ok so Little Cloud accesses the same terrain as the tram. Does Jackson have a chair only pass? What about Squaw? Sucks though, for sure
    Squaw tram and Funitel don’t really go anywhere. Certainly not anywhere that chairs do not get you just as easily. Maybe for first tracks down into Silvy from the tram, but they have no reason to offer a chairs only discount as few if any would bother paying more.

A better comparison would be Mammoth, but 23 gets you to almost all the same terrain. Almost.

If it is an $80 up charge for the Tram daily we just would not bother going at all. If it was one ride a day we would go and maybe use it and maybe not. Depending on length of line we may pay for additional rides but only if nominal.

And yeah, if I paid for an all day upgrade I’d make the most of it and make that line longer all day.

Don’t know the top to have an informed opinion about increased capacity.

We have had friends who visited and never considered the tram as they know their skill level is about groomers and they loved BS.

Part of the problem is so many are marketed to, and think they want terrain off the top only to be clutched on the way down.

Best of luck up there.

Sent this to Ikon

“Can we get a discount on the Ikon Pass without Big Sky days on there? Since they are supposedly going to not include the Tram with the Ikon days.

They have devalued those days, so how about a discounted price without BS?”

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Wow, I'll bet that screwed up their Monday. Now they're all shouting at each other on Zoom over how to fix this outrage.

Pssst: You're already getting a discount. That's the point of these passes.

Well he's right that they did start selling Ikon passes before Big Sky made their announcement. I would think somebody who bought their pass specifically for a Big Sky trip would have a legitimate case for a refund if they really wanted one.

Hey Benny, how do you choose which threads to take a shit in? Is it a morning ritual, random choice, what is it?

Don't trigger me.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Hey Benny, how do you choose which threads to take a shit in? Is it a morning ritual, random choice, what is it?
    As many as he can? He spent the entire winter road biking telling everyone else we were doing it wrong and that the ski scene was gonna suck while we got face shots. Dude has angsts.

Richard Pryor: " White people are crazy."

And such whiney bitches.

Imagine going to Whistler and having to pay extra for Peak laps. That'd be SUPER ghey...

Big Sky takes a step closer to skier inequality. Pay-for-express-lines... it's only a matter of time. "Get the benefit of being in a ski school class and jump the lines for only 3/4 the cost!"

Found out today how they will handle employees. From what I was told patrollers will get 20 tram days and can buy more days at $ 20 a day. Not horrible.

People who bought their IKON have a legit bitch. They should boycott Big Sky.

This is a shit precedent to set in the industry, and I hope Boyne gets a ton of shit for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Found out today how they will handle employees. From what I was told patrollers will get 20 tram days and can buy more days at $ 20 a day. Not horrible.

People who bought their IKON have a legit bitch. They should boycott Big Sky.
    Wonder if my patroller buddy can sell me a couple of his days when I visit? Nice of Big Sky to provide a secondary income source for their employees. /s