Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Live music post Covid

Ok I am 1/2 vaxed and starting to see schedules come out.

I am stoked for live music.

Funny I dont have much interest in the big shows, Phish, Panic, even Black Keys tour doesnt have me stoked.

I want to see the mid sized bands.

i want to see Billy Strings. I want to see Hiss Golden Messenger again ( and again) I want to see Marcus King, Delvan Lamar Organ Trio, Low Cut Connie, Khruangbin, St Paul & the Broken Bones, Little Dragon, Jesse Daniel, Margo Price.....

Man I just want to see live music.

I’ve seen/heard live music at the ski hill the past two weekends. I think the bands have been hill staff with some friends. Sunday was a band covering dead and allman’s made up mostly of patrollers. I was so happy to hear live music beyond local buskers, I almost cried.

Just had my second shot and it feels good to be putting music shows on my calendar. Mostly pod stuff, got a bubble for JRAD in CT end of May. Agreed on the mid tier acts, I think big shows have the potential for being super spreaders. Kinda surprised Phish is carrying on.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Just had my second shot and it feels good to be putting music shows on my calendar. Mostly pod stuff, got a bubble for JRAD in CT end of May. Agreed on the mid tier acts, I think big shows have the potential for being super spreaders. Kinda surprised Phish is carrying on.

Has phish announced anything yet?

I just got a notification that my Roger Waters tickets for Sept. ‘20 will be good in September ‘22.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Live music post Covid

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    i want to see Billy Strings.
    Yep. I would love seeing some of this at a nice small outdoor venue:

https://youtu.be/DolObCbMUIE

I find it hard to do dishes with my eyes closed and spinning....

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    Has phish announced anything yet?
    It's weird, they haven't announced but their summer schedule is on their site. Buttah just bought a ticket to one of the Atlantic City shows, of course Ticketfucker is such a whore they'll sell tickets to a show that isn't happening.

https://phish.com/tours/

I am stoked for live music. I want to see Hiss Golden Messenger again ( and again) I want to see Marcus King, Delvan Lamar Organ Trio, Low Cut Connie, Khruangbin, St Paul & the Broken Bones, Little Dragon, Jesse Daniel, Margo Price.....

Am not familiar with a single artist you just mentioned!

But I hear ya.

I had actually been off live shows for quite some time and had just started going to some smaller gigs again when Covid hit. I saw Shooter Jennings the Wed before everything started shutting down and he was fantastic.
    I was scheduled to see Seun Kuti, Sleaford Mods, Orville Peck, Tool, Primus, Vampire Weekend, Billy Bragg, Kraftwerk, DJ Shadow, Corb Lund, Thom Yorke, and David Bryne before everything got cancelled.

I miss the cool non-profit spot in Reno (The Holland Project) which brought small indie bands to town and my infrequent trips to Ace of Spades and Harlow's in Sacramento.

I have been fully vaxxed, but still not sure how comfortable I feel about going to a show, though.

Addendum:
    Just checked both AOS and Harlow's websites and they have shows booked starting in August as well as a smattering of shows for 2022...
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Rage Against the Machine just announced postponing their comeback tour till 2022......Fack.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

It's weird, they haven't announced but their summer schedule is on their site. Buttah just bought a ticket to one of the Atlantic City shows, of course Ticketfucker is such a whore they'll sell tickets to a show that isn't happening.

https://phish.com/tours/
    That's weird.

I'd really like to have my own fenced in area at a Phish show.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

I was hoping that this would have exterminated this horrid tribute band thing that has almost dominated mid size places around here, but, I get a notice that some Steppenwolf (fucking Steppenwolf!) tribute band was playing up here at Daryl's Place as one of the first shows. Ech.

Lemme know how the venue is, the Bowl has a bunch of shows later this summer and fall that look appetizing.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I was hoping that this would have exterminated this horrid tribute band thing that has almost dominated mid size places around here, but, I get a notice that some Steppenwolf (fucking Steppenwolf!) tribute band was playing up here at Daryl's Place as one of the first shows. Ech.
    Better than College Music Hall has Jeremy fkn Piven as one of its first shows.

WTF

I am stoked for live music.

Funny I dont have much interest in the big shows, Phish, Panic, even Black Keys tour doesnt have me stoked.

I want to see the mid sized bands.

i want to see Billy Strings. I want to see Hiss Golden Messenger again ( and again) I want to see Marcus King, Delvan Lamar Organ Trio, Low Cut Connie, Khruangbin, St Paul & the Broken Bones, Little Dragon, Jesse Daniel, Margo Price.....

There is a two-day show in Lexington that Jason Isbell posted about that almost seems worth the trip. To Kentucky.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F074F7CC-6DFE-44E9-8BD4-FD99B49A6003.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	676.4 KB 
ID:	373018

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    There is a two-day show in Lexington that Jason Isbell posted about that almost seems worth the trip. To Kentucky.

Name:	F074F7CC-6DFE-44E9-8BD4-FD99B49A6003.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	676.4 KB 
ID:	373018
    Gah-dam, that's a lot of great acts all in one weekend ('cepting DMB, of course).

My Tedeschi Trucks Band tix pushed off until 2022.

god i have been so excited for live music

the ogden twilight concert series lineup just got announced - no major surprises, but some good bands. it's always a great time, too.

Name:	ogden twilight.jpeg 
Views:	39 
Size:	199.2 KB 
ID:	373023

of particular interest to me - washed out, deathcab, kishi bashi, purity ring, portugal the man.

here's hoping we get more great concerts this year

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    god i have been so excited for live music

the ogden twilight concert series lineup just got announced - no major surprises, but some good bands. it's always a great time, too.

Name:	ogden twilight.jpeg 
Views:	39 
Size:	199.2 KB 
ID:	373023

of particular interest to me - washed out, deathcab, kishi bashi, purity ring, portugal the man.

here's hoping we get more great concerts this year
    MD9 always puts out a good lineup.

&
    been looking at that RailBird fest, amazing lineup & my hotel in Louisville is prime.

its tempting

Billy Strings and Keller Williams
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2C8C50E0-3852-45F0-82B0-8319B69C58C7.jpeg 
Views:	32 
Size:	391.1 KB 
ID:	373169  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

But...Keller Williams is auto tuned now. Therefore he should be taken out and beaten by some tweakers.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Wife and I were getting pizza and a beer at a local brewery a few days ago. People started pouring in and we realized a band was getting ready to play. By the time we left the place was packed and music was starting. I was happy to see it, but damn it felt weird. Going to take awhile to get used to indoor crowds again.

I have been waiting along time for this show. I hope it happens October 1st.

Name:	Screenshot 2021-05-01 171002.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	327.3 KB 
ID:	373253
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I just got Tedeschi Trucks tickets for July 23rd. I'm so excited to go back to a concert.

Leftover Salmon
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Bought tickets to Melvin Seals/JGB on Jer’s bday. Felt awesome to buy tickets

Of all the shows I was supposed to attend in 2020 (Corb Lund; Orville Peck; DJ Shadow; Kraftwerk; Seun Kuti; Tool; Billy Bragg; Vampire Weekend; David Byrne; Thom Yorke) this is the only one to announce rescheduled dates that I know of:

Primus Rush Tribute
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...dates-1161876/
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

July 30: Tedeschi Trucks Band at Redrocks
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix