Thread: OG K2 Poacher

OG K2 Poacher

I grew up right around the time of the original Solly 1080s, Lines, etc., and have very fond memories of those early twin tips. I had no idea until hearing about it recently on both the Powell Movement and Blister podcasts, though, that there was a K2 Poacher back in the day that a lot of people now refer to as the first mass-market twin.

Google image searches have proven tough since their was a new Poacher released a few years ago. Does anyone have any pictures available of those things? I'm just super curious about them.

Ahh, those were the daaays!!!!
    My Dad still skis my old 1080s.
    Bump, cause I'm interested too.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I have the original K2 Poacher ski in my garage right now....Lol!! sick ski, I always knew that this ski was like a Wayne Greztky rookie card. Still beautiful! The ski was made inconjunction with the legendary K2 MSL another legendary ski!

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    I have the original K2 Poacher ski in my garage right now....Lol!! sick ski, I always knew that this ski was like a Wayne Greztky rookie card. Still beautiful! The ski was made inconjunction with the legendary K2 MSL another legendary ski!
    I think im going to go fondle the ski now. I remember back in 98 I thought i would hit a rail with them and it did not go well, that rail is still wrapped around my leg.

I think im going to go fondle the ski now. I remember back in 98 I thought i would hit a rail with them and it did not go well, that rail is still wrapped around my leg.
    Pic?

I will post u a pic in the next few. My poachers don’t like it when I kiss and tell. Got to treat these sticks with respect!

Ps- there was also dynastar ripsticks followed by dynastar concepts all in the same years...I might even have some of those.....

Ps- there was also dynastar ripsticks followed by dynastar concepts all in the same years...I might even have some of those.....
    Concepts were my very first pair of twin tips. Nothing has ever surpassed the cow spot bases.

OG K2 Poacher

Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    Concepts were my very first pair of twin tips. Nothing has ever surpassed the cow spot bases.
    Got my pair and my brother’s old pairs up in storage in the garage. Hardly anyone was riding twins in SoCal back then and very few skiers were in the park. People used to ask us if we were spancered. 🤣

It was a few years later, but I scored one of the earliest pairs of Seth Pistols released in NA. They were quite the conversation piece with others in the Mammoth Gondola and Chair 23 laps.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Every now and then still I check eBay, Gear Trade etc. for twins from that era. Top of my list are the Dynastar Candides and Salomon Pocket Rockets, and I'm still kicking myself for not dropping something like $50 on a pair of Olin Mark IVs 10 or 15 years ago at a ski swap.

Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    Every now and then still I check eBay, Gear Trade etc. for twins from that era. Top of my list are the Dynastar Candides and Salomon Pocket Rockets, and I'm still kicking myself for not dropping something like $50 on a pair of Olin Mark IVs 10 or 15 years ago at a ski swap.
    Seattle Craigslist is a gold mine of classic k2s.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Behold!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3533.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	371941Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3532.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	371942

Behold!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3533.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	371941Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3532.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	371942
    Oh shit. I know those skis. I had no idea those were the Poachers. Thanks!