Arapahoe Basin Military Season Pass Pricing

In February 2019 I paid $159 for the military season pass at A-Basin for the 2019/20 season. Screamin' deal. Today I see the 2021/22 military pass at $299.

Still a deal in my book, but did the price go up by that much? Or, is there some mid-season price-drop I caught in 2019? I'm wondering if any mags follow the pricing trends/patterns of this.

Mark my words, over the next five to ten years you're going to see a substantial increase in Abasin passes. They decided to limit customers, and, well, are limited by lack of parking, so, they'll increase revenue by raising prices.

Just announced that they're replacing Lanawee with a fast quad, or, shudder, a six pack.

That's good to know. And just to clarify, $299 isn't a bad deal at all. I'm just curious if I should wait to catch a mid-season price-drop that might happen every season or something.

You didn’t miss anything, and you’re correct. As you noted, $299 is still a great deal. I’m moving away from CO, and I’m thinking about buying it anyway at that price. $159, or whatever it was, was insane. I wondered how long that would last.

The new Abasin pricing model is interesting. It’s still not expensive compared to a lot of mountains (military or not), and considering how unbelievably shitty the rest of Summit/Eagle County skiing is at this point, I think they’ll have enough interest to do fine.

I didn’t make the drive over Vail Pass a single time this season, and I believe I skied Breck 3 days with my employee pass. The parking and lift lines aren’t worth it anymore. Abasin doesn’t have those problems, and because they probably won’t develop them any time soon under their new plan I think more and more local skiers will start skiing there.

A detachable on Lenawee sounds like a step in the wrong direction. Yeah, it can pile up there a little bit, but that keeps the pressure off of terrain to an extent. I thought that was kinda the idea behind reducing pass sales. Oh well.

Edit to add: I don’t have any inside info on mid season price cuts or anything, but I would think probably not. Since they’re going to “sell out”, I’d just bite the bullet at $299. Better than the alternative.

I wouldn’t think they would sell enough military passes to make a difference on yearly income one way or another. I wonder how many they actually sell in a year?

The prices of all their passes went up pretty substantially. Mainly because last (this) seasons passes were discounted for Covid. It is up to you to decide if it is worth it still. I think that it is. They are an independent ski area less than 2 hrs from Denver and are limiting passes. I think it is a good thing, as do most locals except for Bunny, and he’s the ultimate SC local so maybe I’m wrong.

Bought. Thanks, all.

Well worth it at $299. Especially given it includes (3) days at Taos, (3) days at Monarch, (2) days at Bluebird Backcountry, and (1) spring day at Silverton.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    The prices of all their passes went up pretty substantially. Mainly because last (this) seasons passes were discounted for Covid. It is up to you to decide if it is worth it still. I think that it is. They are an independent ski area less than 2 hrs from Denver and are limiting passes. I think it is a good thing, as do most locals except for Bunny, and he’s the ultimate SC local so maybe I’m wrong.
    I don't think it's bad at all. Keeps the rabble out.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    I wouldn’t think they would sell enough military passes to make a difference on yearly income one way or another. I wonder how many they actually sell in a year?
    Well, 2 in this thread. But I think the majority of the military crowd will be on the Epic, along with everyone else in the world. Abasin does include veterans on the military pass which substantially increases eligibility, but I think you’re right...probably not much impact on income in the grand scheme.

I think I just paid $129 for Epic 21/22 for me and the family military pass. Tough to pass up.....even with the lines.