19TH Annual Radar Speed Trap Day Is Back--May 1ST

Ladies and Boys! Gentlemen and Girls!
    It's that time! You've always wanted to do it. You promised yourself you'd do it next time....This IS next time! This is your 19th chance.
    We'll meet at the outside benches of the tram plaza at 8:40.
    Arrange your schedule for a couple hours of snow fun!
    > > > Friday, May 1ST at 8:55 < < <

[While editing my original post, it somehow deleted]
    Last edited by Endlessseason; 04-30-2021 at 11:54 PM. Reason: to update meeting time
    "Don't bug me, granny. I don't dig slick chicks trying to goof me up." --Tragg

Coming up in 4 days! Anyone we should be looking for Sat morning or will it just be the regulars?

If you're on the fence about this I'd highly recommend waxing up your big boy skis and showing up, its an absolute blast!
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

This morning and yesterday morning were fast. We've had no problem hitting low 70s, even without tucking and while wearing really baggy clothing with hoods and pit zips flapping in the wind. And on wide, unwaxed, untuned skis! But, the speed window is very narrow. Meaning we can only get a handful of really fast runs before things start getting a little sticky.
    Look for us at 8:55 on the plaza.
    Last edited by Endlessseason; 04-30-2021 at 11:55 PM. Reason: to update meeting time

73.5 MPH was the best we could do. Fastest times were Coldsmoke, me and Danno. Sorry Rickshaw and Chippy, maybe next year.
    Unlike Friday's fast skiing, the day of the event didn't have the benefit of a hard freeze the night before. Next year for the 20th annual event, we'll probably make it a two-morning event to improve the odds of catching optimal conditions. See ya next year!

Hold on - a guy on tele boards cracked the top 3???

For shame....

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Hold on - a guy on tele boards cracked the top 3???

For shame....
    Despite the reputation you can haul serious ass on teles on a groomer.

Well done lads!
    . . .