Southern New Hampshire Riding?

I'm headed to see my folks in Salem NH for 10 days in mid may and would like to ride, anyone know of trails around there and care to share some information? I grew up in NH but have not ridden there since ~ 1995 :-). If there's something ~ close I'll bring my bike otherwise i guess i'll head north and rent.

Cheers!!
    Like I told my last wife, I never drive faster than I can see, besides it's all in the reflexes.

when i was living in concord, my buddies would often ride bear brook. don't know anything about the place though.
    swing your fucking sword.

Jackstraw will chime in, he’s the yoda around the seacoast zone

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

right on!
    Like I told my last wife, I never drive faster than I can see, besides it's all in the reflexes.

There's a new trail network in Windham called Clyde Pond that I've heard is pretty good. Haven't ridden it yet but probably worth a try.

Lift served riding at highlands is fun. On site rentals easier for traveling. Not Tahoe, but fun and not far from Salem.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by geomorph View Post
    There's a new trail network in Windham called Clyde Pond that I've heard is pretty good. Haven't ridden it yet but probably worth a try.
    This place is really fun. You can park at the high school if the regular trailhead is filled.

I'm hopefully heading home sooner rather than later and planning on bringing the mountain bike. It'll be the first time I've ridden in New England in 20+ years.
    I'll be within riding distance to Lynn / Salem Woods, so plan on hitting those. Will also be near Horse hill in Merrimack.

Any other beta in those areas?

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Jackstraw will chime in, he’s the yoda around the seacoast zone

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Yeah, I don't know that side of the state except for Bear Brook which is fun. You also have Harold Parker just south in MA that is awesome, but I still haven't hit it! Just east is Georgetown and that is super fun also. There is a lot of good riding in MA and in New England in general. I just don't like driving far to ride a bike. Trailforks is your friend for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by XtrPickels View Post
    I'm hopefully heading home sooner rather than later and planning on bringing the mountain bike. It'll be the first time I've ridden in New England in 20+ years.
    I'll be within riding distance to Lynn / Salem Woods, so plan on hitting those. Will also be near Horse hill in Merrimack.

Yudicky in Nashua is quite popular, but l haven't been. Lots of other fun stuff further north into NH like Green Woodlands in Dorchester which is like 30 miles of machine built trails. I'm pretty useless though since 60% of my rides are pedaling distance from my home or office (Central NH), with another 30% in adjacent towns and only like 10% traveling to ride.

It's been 15 years since I rode there, but Pawtuckaway, Fort Rock and Bear Brook were fun. Roots and rocks, short punchy climbs and some killer mosquitos in June/July. May I would think is black fly season, so slightly less bad, but not by much.

There have been a lot of great suggestions already. East Hampstead is nearby and a decent afternoon if you don’t have time to drive to Bear Brook, Clyde Pond or Fort Rock. You’re really in striking distance of a wide variety of terrain.

Highland is worth the trip. They have a “find your ride” where for approx $100 you get your lift ticket and a rental (iirc it also includes pads).

Quote Originally Posted by livefreerdie View Post
    It's been 15 years since I rode there, but Pawtuckaway, Fort Rock and Bear Brook were fun. Roots and rocks, short punchy climbs and some killer mosquitos in June/July. May I would think is black fly season, so slightly less bad, but not by much.
    Pawtuckaway is kinda phucked. That's old school stuff that we rode in the late '80s and early '90s. My friend was part of a crew building out there 15-20 years ago and it was a bureaucratic junkshow and nothing was accomplished. They're hiking trails that kind of suck on a bike. Typical State park crap that somehow Bear Brook seems to have bypassed. Different manager I suppose.

I’ll be in the seacoast area next thurs-fri if anyone wants to ride.
    Bear brook is an old favorite. I don’t know of anywhere else in S. NH where you can ride for 2-3 hrs and not retrace trails.
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    I’ll be in the seacoast area next thurs-fri if anyone wants to ride.
    Bear brook is an old favorite. I don’t know of anywhere else in S. NH where you can ride for 2-3 hrs and not retrace trails.
    Ping me when you're around. I may be able to pull it off. We typically ride Weds night if you arrive early.

Yeah on BB. Fort rock you can easily do a few+ punishing hours, but there is some crossover trails going on.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Ping me when you're around. I may be able to pull it off. We typically ride Weds night if you arrive early.

Yeah on BB. Fort rock you can easily do a few+ punishing hours, but there is some crossover trails going on.
    +1. I’m on vacation this week and looking to ride as much as possible.

Right on. Weds is a tech night. Not a lot of miles, but a fun little beatdown with beers to follow. 1.5-2hr moving time ride.

What time wed night? I might be able to head down early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Quote Originally Posted by geomorph View Post
    Yudicky in Nashua is quite popular, but l haven't been. Lots of other fun stuff further north into NH like Green Woodlands in Dorchester which is like 30 miles of machine built trails. I'm pretty useless though since 60% of my rides are pedaling distance from my home or office (Central NH), with another 30% in adjacent towns and only like 10% traveling to ride.
    This place is very good too. Nice mix of flow, wooden features, and NE tech on the opposite side of the street from the parking area.

As was mentioned the east side of Harold Parker reservation is mile for mile one of the most tech places in Ma. Google Wicked Ride of the East for a map of the annual NEMBA ride from years past.

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    What time wed night? I might be able to head down early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    5ish. We're pretty loose on start. When the last person shows we go. Last week is was 5:30

Quote Originally Posted by XtrPickels View Post

I am in Salem, hit me up if you want to ride. Not a ton of info as i am just getting back into it. I had a good ride with the wife at Willowdale last week fwiw.
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

gotten a couple quickies off 111 in salem/plaistow nh, headed for a longer one tomorrow morning, fun riding, hoping to hit bear brook or highlands on Friday morning.

Got out to bear brook this AM, dang fun, great to ride NE trails again - thank you! I got a bit turned around out there and ended up missing most of the hedgehog but cascade, carr ridge, catamount etc made for a fun ride, will get back and explore the rest! If anyone's up for an early ride on Monday or Tuesday shout and I'll try to fit into your schedule in Southern NH/North Mass