Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Rot in hell, Bernie Madoff

Nothing more to say.

Right? I mean, what kind of guy has a loafer collection of that quality but fails to use shoe trees consistently? Rot in hell for sure!
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Not sure you get to "rot" in hell. Mostly suffer immensely. Or get a pineapple shoved up your ass.

However, the sentiment of the message rings true.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Not sure you get to "rot" in hell. Mostly suffer immensely. Or get a pineapple shoved up your ass.

In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

However, the sentiment of the message rings true..

Madoff’s scheme has been surpassed by an even larger and more elaborate one - they’re called MLMs

That poor wife.

That's strange. My message posted with multiple people. A glitch in the matrix.

The butthurt level is strong when shit like Madoff happens because it just proves everyone isn't as smart as they think they are.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    The butthurt level is strong when shit like Madoff happens because it just proves everyone isn't as smart as they think they are.
    He was really really good at what he did. His returns never went over about 11% a year, which wasn't unusual in good times. He was the chairman of NASDAQ, so he had official credentials. He scammed some pretty smart, good people.

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    That's strange. My message posted with multiple people. A glitch in the matrix.
    Shit! Check the fan.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    He was really really good at what he did. His returns never went over about 11% a year, which wasn't unusual in good times. He was the chairman of NASDAQ, so he had official credentials. He scammed some pretty smart, good people.
    Yeah, 11% returns every year like clockwork regardless of market conditions (his run covered more than 1 bear market) pass muster as long as everyone think's they are making money....

The house of cards was pretty apparent after the fact, and rich guys hate being shown to not be the above average, meritocracy winners they like to say they are.
    Live Free or Die

However, the sentiment of the message rings true..

Tell me more about this "pineapple".
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

My uncle and aunt, both experienced business people who should have known better, lost everything in the Maddoff pyramid. I'm talking a couple million dollars. They got seduced by easy money, sold by a sociopath.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Nothing more to say.
    Jews don't get punished in Sheol. Checkmate, gentiles.

How do you know he is really dead? What if they faked his death and he is in fact the real Satoshi? Just trolling you. We all know who Satoshi really is. Oh wait. Never mind
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Madoff’s scheme has been surpassed by an even larger and more elaborate one - they’re called MLMs
    Some MLMs are good. Like the one that sold the microwave Pampered Chef microwave bowl. That thing is awesome. Tupperware is pretty dam amazing too! I mean, it is OK as long as you aren't one of the suckers holding inventory.

Wait a sec. "holding inventory"? Is that like being stuck with a bunch of crypto shitcoins you can't sell. I got a friend that's into that. LOL.

It isn't Bernie's fault people are greedy!
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Tell me more about this "pineapple".
    Apparently TNKen doesn't get a lot of pineapples out there in Bumfuck, Tennessee; cause those motherfuckers rot to high heaven once they get past ripe. So, sticking a pineapple in Bernie's ass would be the equivalent of sending him to purgatory.

He deserves a solid fuckeulogy.

I was in NYC at the time when this all went down. Was window shopping with the Misses in SoHo, and all of a sudden some fancy dressed up lady and her man are walking toward a nice looking SUV with their designer shopping bags, and people are taking their picture. No idea who these people are. Don't recognize them as anyone famous. But obviously some photogs are all excited to be taking their pics. Next morning I open the NY Daily News and there's the couple in the Gossip section right as they were getting into the vehicle, and it turns out it's one of Bernie's sons and DIL. I guess shopping in a fancy, high end SoHo shop after Bernie gets indicted for securities fraud was not a good look.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

sounds like that madoff guy was a real jerk.
    swing your fucking sword.

I can’t believe he wasn’t killed in prison sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums