IKON bitch thread

Feeling like they punished those who deferred this year. I didn't want to get another surprise short season as they figured out how to do lift lines in the pandemic. Look at Europe; they barely skied except the pros. But it looks like they got things sorted and I was ready to ski inbounds by end of February or so. But paying full boat to ski half a season would be stupid, especially when I expected to apply my deferral credit to next year's pass and still ski this season from mid-April on. So I waited until they did the usual offer of "buy next year's pass and ski the rest of this season too". Ikon did that around the beginning of April so I looked forward to using my credit and hitting the slopes. Here's the catch: new 21/22 pass purchases could be used immediately but the credit for a deferred 20/21 pass would not be available until 4/19/21 and would not be applied to pass purchases made before that. This is bogus. Here's where my sob story really gets wet...
    I had planned a trip to see family and friends and expected to ski with them. I tried to figure this out on a weekend and without customer service support (closed weekends and evenings). So I just went ahead and paid for the renewal. Fuck me moment number two was when I got to the resort and they weren't honoring 21/22 passes for spring 20/21. Luckily (ha ha), I was able to get a "friends and family" pass for the day at $90 and ski with my buds. So I expected my pass would work, schlepped skis and boots Etc to the destination thinking I had a pass but ended up spending $739 to ski one day. Needless to say, I'm pissed. I buy a multi-resort pass because I want to ski multiple resorts, not because I want to read fine print and/or pay surprise charges.

So... I'll be contacting ikon to try to
    (1) get my deferral credit applied to my pass renewal
    (2) get a refund for the $90 F&F pass I had to buy after traveling to ski at an ikon resort
    (3) get clarification on whether the ikon pass is for access at multiple resorts or just an expensive pass to my local mountain plus maybe, with lots of asterisks and exceptions, depending on timing and random global pandemics, at other resorts too (additional restrictions apply)

Wondering what others' experiences are and if anybuddy else has will gang up with me to get the same treatment from ikon as those who didn't take a wait and see approach to this year.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Oh the humanity! What ever will you do?
    The market is dominated by fat skis largely because young toughs want what they see in videos: organ donors hucking into heliski bowls. -Seth Masia

We have an Ikon thread.

Terrible, terrible tires.
    Would not bang.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    We have an Ikon thread.

That has multiple posts about how the referral credit works and which resorts allow spring 21 skiing on your 21/22 pass.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 7.20.55 PM.png
Views: 1329
Size:  756.1 KB
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I'll start up an IKON bitch thread bitch thread.

At this point, this forum needs its own sub forum strictly dedicated to bitchin' about ikon/epic passes.

Boo fuckin hoo

I fully support the ikon bitch thread and the ikon bitch thread bitch thread. Biggest mistake I see here is buying a 21/22 pass after getting fucked in 20/21

This post makes me sad.
    Needing a safe space now.

How'd you get fucked in 20/21? I thought their policy was fair and pretty clear.

Probably got laid by an Ikon bitch somewhere.

Fuck Ikon...buy Epic. It’s way better

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

You won't get shit from them.

Zero sympathy for OP.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Zero sympathy for OP.
    Dude it is 420 Day! No sympathy on a holiday for the less fortunate and downtrodden?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Zero sympathy for OP.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Same. "I deferred my pass to next year and now I can't use it this year."

Who is this IKON bitch? Pictures or GTFO.

Quote Originally Posted by sillybunt2 View Post
    Who is this IKON bitch? Pictures or GTFO.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5ca3a192ee003.image.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	249.6 KB 
ID:	372193