Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    We Are One
    Quote Originally Posted by GravityDT View Post
    We Are One
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    We are ones!
    A buddy of mine has been gently nudging me towards NOBL as a contender. Also Canadian (I think) and has a lifetime warranty, might be a slight bit less spendy? Any thoughts on those from y'all vs. the We Are Ones? Definitely considering either upgrading the squishy bike wheels to crabonz or buying a new hardtail if/when I'm converted to full time from contractor at my gig.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    A buddy of mine has been gently nudging me towards NOBL as a contender. Also Canadian (I think) and has a lifetime warranty, might be a slight bit less spendy? Any thoughts on those from y'all vs. the We Are Ones? Definitely considering either upgrading the squishy bike wheels to crabonz or buying a new hardtail if/when I'm converted to full time from contractor at my gig.
    Weareone are less pricey and ride better. The guy who runs weareone uses to work for nobl. I have a set of weareone agents that I've had for the years and never had to tighten a spoke. I broke a stans flow mk3 in 2 weeks.
    These same weareone one are for sale if you'd like. 27.5 boost it n dt 350. Hit me up if you're interested

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

NOBL is a Canadian brand importing rims from Asia, I remember reading somewhere that they're basically Light Bike rims with a better warranty, but don't quote me on that, could be way off base.
    WAO is a Canadian brand building rims (and other carbon stuff) in Canada.

I went WAO just because the price was right, and lifetime vs. 5 year warranty. Seems like it's probably hard to go wrong with either, but I felt good about choosing WAO. I have no problem with imported carbon, and trust it just as much as I trust anything else, but I am a huge fan of people figuring out how to do local manufacturing, and paying riders to build their wheels like WAO does.

Much obliged, dudes.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Quote Originally Posted by NuMexJoe View Post
    Damn, Brad! Gonna need the details, ya know....
    The last 3' drop at the bottom of Quemazon, If you launch it, you clear the rutted rocks and are fine.
    If you get bucked badly by the previous rock, losing all momentum, and lame duck it over?
    Less fine.
    Grade 3 separated shoulder.
    But hey, no concussion this time. Thank you POC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

Broke another derailleur. Third one on this bike. Same backcountry trail. I'm sure it's something to do with me and my wrenching/riding skillz.

Collapsed lung just before the new year sucked pretty bad.

Lots of bent rims, but usually keep them going.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by aragon View Post
    Tuning up the fleet for the season, and my 1x Reverb is DOA - stuck down and won't erect (TWSS). Tried the usual bleed, drain/refill air and every other trick I (and youtube) could come up with to no avail... may have to bring it in for an overhaul as I don't have the parts/tools to do it at home.

Anyone have a magic trick to get it going again?
    Mine stuck down in the garage over the winter. When I brought it inside and warmed it up it magically fixed itself. So far.

The sound barrier.

My opponents will.

Away.

For lunch.

With convention.

The speed limit.

Wind for the peloton.

You're welcome. I'm here all week.
    Last edited by EWG; 04-15-2021 at 02:24 PM.

Broke as a joke?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Roxtar View Post
    The last 3' drop at the bottom of Quemazon, If you launch it, you clear the rutted rocks and are fine.
    If you get bucked badly by the previous rock, losing all momentum, and lame duck it over?
    Less fine.
    Grade 3 separated shoulder.
    But hey, no concussion this time. Thank you POC.
    Oof! I know the spot. Hope you heal quickly (that being a relative term when you're in our age bracket).

Does corrosion count? My fancy road bike has half a pandemic's worth of sweat coating it. It looks like I dropped it in the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Throw it in the trash and buy something else?
    definitely thought about it, but spending $$$ on a part that should just work really pisses me off...

Having said that, any recommendations for solid replacement options?

Much obliged, dudes.
    You're going to destroy that rear carbon wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Broke another derailleur. Third one on this bike. Same backcountry trail. I'm sure it's something to do with me and my wrenching/riding skillz.

Chain to short? I broke a couple of derailleur hangers in a week before I realized I had shortened the chain to much. Only happened when I was in a big gear, and did a drop that fully compressed the suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Wow, how did you do that on a road bike?
    Half-wheeling?
    Ha! no.
    Sprinting through a changing light. Broke the quick link which grabbed the rear mech which broke off at the hangar and went into the rear wheel, chunking spokes causing the whoop to deform and crack, then wedged into the chainstay causing an uncontrollable skid in the matter of about 1.5 seconds. Went down in the drops and smacked my dome on the concrete.

Damn, dude, glad you are OK!
    (And that no cars were involved)
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by ####### View Post
    Ha! no.
    Sprinting through a changing light. Broke the quick link which grabbed the rear mech which broke off at the hangar and went into the rear wheel, chunking spokes causing the whoop to deform and crack, then wedged into the chainstay causing an uncontrollable skid in the matter of about 1.5 seconds. Went down in the drops and smacked my dome on the concrete.
    Dude, yikes! I tend to sprint for greens when commuting and now I'm nervous about it. I do have a 10 sp SLX mtb chain on there at least, not that I have any idea whether it's actually stronger than whatever road chain you were running.

It's an 1x11sp so it was a bit of a kick in the nuts at the bike shop but that's to be expected. Luckily they had the parts in stock, given the times, and was OTD in less than a day. Tipped them in $$ instead of beer.

Couple of days after
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PSX_20200828_201807 (1).jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	593.5 KB 
ID:	372140

On a flow trail out for a cruise with the wife, must have been fatigued. GG shipping out new stays on Monday.

Name:	nZKHowb.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	372527

Name:	8BXRbc8.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	668.0 KB 
ID:	372528

Oh man, that blows. Glad they're giving you some solid warranty support!
    I've seen/heard very few reports of alloy frames braking anywhere other than at the weld. Well, other than Intense and Yeti that is.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Got a little too sendy yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man, that blows. Glad they're giving you some solid warranty support!
    I've seen/heard very few reports of alloy frames braking anywhere other than at the weld. Well, other than Intense and Yeti that is.
    Looks like it's at the weld for the yoke?

How do you get a collapsed lung?
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    How do you get a collapsed lung?
    Bouncing your chest off the ground. It's no fun and especially painful if you get intubated through the side of your ribs because EMS thinks you have a spinal injury.

About 3rd or forth ride on my new Orbea Occam I drilled a rock and bent a pedal. Replaced the pedals after 2 rides on the bent one and the very next ride I bent the same pedal. I hadn't bent a pedal in 3-4 years prior.

Do Crank Brothers stamp 2 pedals bent easily or did I just smoke them too hard? I know the first one I smoked fairly fast and came to a complete stop so that one seems reasonable but the second one wasn't much of a hit.