Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

closing time boredom: i need a new hobby

with my first 30+ day season drawn to a close, i have no idea what the fuck to do. when bored, i have either gone skiing or waxed and tuned but the storage wax has been applied. there are no more chairs to bump. there are no more weekends at the hill to get me through the weekdays. the reality has set in: i cannot ski until next november.
    i think i need a hobby of some sort. mountain biking is off the table as i just can't fork over the money for an intro bike. drinking is fun but i am sober. drugs are fun but they have lost their allure for me. maybe i need another job. maybe i need a bird. maybe i should start fly fishing again. discuss.
    you don't want no smoke.

closing time boredom: i need a new hobby

Get back to us after a decade or more of 70-100 day seasons. Youíre too young to be an angsty weekend warrior

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Get back to us after a decade or more of 70-100 day seasons. Youíre too you to be an angsty weekend warrior
    are you saying the more days i get the more content i will be at season's end? sorry, i don't follow.
    you don't want no smoke.

No, Iím saying that itís harder to deal with the lack of skiing when youíre getting a lot of days in. I canít remember the last time I only skied 30 days in a season. Probably close to 20 years ago.

Youíre young enough that you shouldnít be bored. Youíre like 20 right? Youíve got a lot of seasons ahead of you. For a lot of us the clock is ticking.

Don't get a bird

Get a job in a restaurant full of shameless waitresses. That always kept me busy during summers.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    No, Iím saying that itís harder to deal with the lack of skiing when youíre getting a lot of days in. I canít remember the last time I only skied 30 days in a season. Probably close to 20 years ago.

Youíre young enough that you shouldnít be bored. Youíre like 20 right? Youíve got a lot of seasons ahead of you. For a lot of us the clock is ticking.

oh, i see now. yeah, i didn't ski all that much comparatively but i've still been surprised at how bored i've been without it.

and yeah, i am young (19) and probably should have more going on than i do but the covids ain't helping that cause.
    you don't want no smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Get a job in a restaurant full of shameless waitresses. That always kept me busy during summers.
    shit, not a bad idea. i was thinking of getting back in the landscaping business but that would really suck not being able to get drunk and kinda sucks even while getting drunk. what post in a restaurant is best? i've washed dishes and bounced but haven't done anything else.
    you don't want no smoke.

Text/call the redhead from the mtn....see what she is up to.....take her hiking and see how she looks without all that winter gear on...

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    Text/call the redhead from the mtn....see what she is up to.....take her hiking and see how she looks without all that winter gear on...
    she is utarded now. Deer Valley i think.
    you don't want no smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    oh, i see now. yeah, i didn't ski all that much comparatively but i've still been surprised at how bored i've been without it.

and yeah, i am young (19) and probably should have more going on than i do but the covids ain't helping that cause.
    My 19 yo daughter was extremely bored this last year. The pandemic probably sucks more for people your age.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Many men fish their whole lives without realizing it wasn't fish they were after

Or so the hd thorough bros says
    I'd go fishin
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

A bike surely has to be cheaper than lift tickets and skis, considering you have something to show for it and/or resell?
    Just like you cant put down skis and move on, once you get a month or 3 on the bike the $ will seem inconsequential

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

shit, not a bad idea. i was thinking of getting back in the landscaping business but that would really suck not being able to get drunk and kinda sucks even while getting drunk. what post in a restaurant is best? i've washed dishes and bounced but haven't done anything else.
    Bar backing, dish dog, but working the line meant good food and first pick of waitstaff. We ate and fucked like kings.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    Many men fish their whole lives without realizing it wasn't fish they were after

Or so the hd thorough bros says
    I'd go fishin
    what wt should i go with for smallies? do ya'll even have those in utah?
    you don't want no smoke.

Buy a mountain bike on credit, pay the $300 a month or for 8 months. You'll thank me later.

disc golf

Definitely get a job. If you can get a job as a bus boy in a fine dining place that will eventually move you to waiter, you can make bucks. My youngest often has $600-$1,000 tip nights doing fine dining and works 3 days a week while she searches for another GM position.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Caddy at country club, play golf on Monday, etc and perhaps find a long term employer.

6wt for smallies, 5 will work if thatís all you have.

Job = socializing so even if itís part time look into it. You may meet a future wife or life long group of friends.

since you dont use drugs, i recommend selling drugs ....

here's a pro tip: sell blow, the ladies are SO classy
    compared to rockheads and tweakers

roll that into country club gigolo
    and you'll be riding that dope mtn bike in no time!
    let those other suckers wash shit and ride beaters

you're welcome

"we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

Find a place to boulder (as in climbing.) Cheap, good for your body and mind, get to be outside.

Then spend as much time in, around and on water as possible.

Save up for mtn bike.

Work in a restaurant so your days are free.

OP you should plan a trip to Beartooth Basin summer ski area in June. That'll give you something to look forward to. Fun backcountry hits up there too. Probably be a bunch of mags gathering at some point.

Iíll echo the recommendation to go fishing. Get a cheap fly rod and go explore.
    It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. ĖErnest Hemingway

with my first 30+ day season drawn to a close, i have no idea what the fuck to do. when bored, i have either gone skiing or waxed and tuned but the storage wax has been applied. there are no more chairs to bump. there are no more weekends at the hill to get me through the weekdays. the reality has set in: i cannot ski until next november.
    i think i need a hobby of some sort. mountain biking is off the table as i just can't fork over the money for an intro bike. drinking is fun but i am sober. drugs are fun but they have lost their allure for me. maybe i need another job. maybe i need a bird. maybe i should start fly fishing again. discuss.
    Hike, backpack, camp.....

Fyi you're way too young to have given up on weed. Other drugs? Well to each their own .

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

I wish i could be like SkiFishBum