Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Those damn BMW drivers!1!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D1A67693-33DB-4B44-B080-4AF85EDD1ECF.jpeg 
Views:	136 
Size:	344.8 KB 
ID:	371082

Is it ignorance, or blind faith in the bad weather capabilities of certain cars? According to Insurify analysts, certain car models attract unsafe drivers. With the huge database of insurance applicants they have to work with, they can identify the worst drivers in bad weather, and the cars they drive. The link between the two is such that they can make blanket statements about types of cars and who drives them.

There’s a luxury brand preference among bad drivers in inclement weather. The worst drivers in bad weather chose eight out of ten luxury brands. Audi and BMW each had three models, and Acura and Mercedes -Benz followed with one each. Is it the car’s abilities that cause drivers to drive too fast for the weather conditions?

Least likely to be cited are Nissan Leaf drivers at 0.9 drivers per 1,000 ticketed. Next is the Dodge Grand Caravan with 1.2 drivers, and the Volvo XC90, with 1.4 drivers. Owners of these vehicles tend to drive safely in hazardous conditions.
    https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/20...nt-conditions/

Let the hole-poking of the methodology begin!

With the exception of that Yaris I note that all those cars generally go faster than your average shitbox.

Hole poked!
    I still call it The Jake.

While it wouldn't disprove this assertion, I'd want to know: 1. How those rates compared to non bad weather ticket rates. 2. What proportion of those tickets were issues for going 29 in a 25 zone passing through Chester, VT when it's snowed in the last 3 days.

If Clarkson said BMW drivers are a bunch of wankers I guess the insurance companies listen. I wonder how many of the problem cars were 2 wheel drive with summer tires in really shite weather?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    If Clarkson said BMW drivers are a bunch of wankers I guess the insurance companies listen. I wonder how many of the problem cars were 2 wheel drive with summer tires in really shite weather?
    The study doesn't seem to be about crashes, but rather speeding tickets that checked the "too fast for conditions" box.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    The study doesn't seem to be about crashes, but rather speeding tickets that checked the "too fast for conditions" box.
    if you are going too fast for conditions and manage not to crash, does that still make you a "bad driver"? seems the definition is a lil subjective here.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    Modern cars can haul ass. We have always had BMW's and I have to set the alarm up at 75 mph to check the girls speeding or they get tickets on the freeway. On city streets tickets never happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quattro and xDrive.

I don't have experience with xDrive but I do with Quattro. They can drive more confidently in the rain than your average squishy SUV/Truck ever could on a dry, sunny day. Haha. Consider the hole officially poked.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Quattro and xDrive.

I don't have experience with xDrive but I do with Quattro. They can drive more confidently in the rain than your average squishy SUV/Truck ever could on a dry, sunny day. Haha. Consider the hole officially poked.
    xDrive is exactly the same way. handles a lil snow pretty well too, all things considered.
    swing your fucking sword.

Wifey's little X1 is pretty good in the snow and rain so I can see some tickets. I almost have her talked into a X4 M so let's see how that goes ticket wise.

No Tesla’s?

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Wifey's little X1 is pretty good in the snow and rain so I can see some tickets. I almost have her talked into a X4 M so let's see how that goes ticket wise.
    What year X1? Aren’t the newer ones based on the Countryman platform? Transverse mounted engine?

My wife’s X3 is pretty good, even though it’s one of the OG Top Gear’s most despised, it’s not an off-roader at all. The twin scroll turbo 6 is my favorite part.

Anyway, as a BMW driver, I can’t stand the turn signals. The tap for three clicks thing is still a bit foreign to me, I understand why BMW drivers don’t signal sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Hmmmm And I just thought at assholes tend to dive aggressively and when doing so they are often seen in several of those models.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyg82 View Post

What year X1? Aren’t the newer ones based on the Countryman platform? Transverse mounted engine?
    2018. Fun little car.

I have a Yaris, that thing is wicked good in the snow. Too fast for road conditions is arbitrarily decided by a cop usually in a car that should never be taken off dry asphalt.

I do not believe the list.

I don’t see dodge anywhere on it.

Not crashing when you're driving too fast for conditions doesn't mean you are a good driver or that the speed was safe. It just means nothing got in your way.

There’s a bmw four series?

Wtf

PS. TFFC tickets are bullshit
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    PS. TFFC tickets are bullshit
    Yo, that's what Dan Samas is for.

I (non Dentist) have a BMW 440 with a bunch of mperformance bits and xdrive and snow tires.
    Unless you turn off the electronanies and deliberately provoke the car, it is quite stable in bad conditions.
    Once properly provoked it is excellent fun to play rally driver on snowy switchbacks.

As with all driving, anyone who goes slower than you is an idiot and anyone who goes faster is a maniac.

jummo

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyg82 View Post
    ...The twin scroll turbo 6 is my favorite part...
    ^^This. Love my little X3, quite the upgrade from my honda hatchback. I keep studded Hakkas on her in the winter, so freaking fun and capable even in 20"+ of fresh. Keep right except to pass.

90% of BMW drivers surveyed think they are a better driver than the average BMW driver.

I was hoping the list was going to show who crashes their car most in snowy or icy conditions. But I knew out was something else when I didn't see Jeep at the top, followed by nine 4 wheel drive suvs.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    No Tesla’s?
    I think you’re looking for the shitty Asian drivers thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
    I do not believe the list.

I don’t see dodge anywhere on it.
    L. O. L.

Check the murdering lunatic drive by thread.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I think you’re looking for the shitty Asian drivers thread.

I take it you've been to Richmond, BC, huh?