Page 37 of 148 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    What does a Sprinter conversion get for real world mpg? I'm getting 14-15 mpg in my '04 E350 and it's a lifted brick with a high top. Can't imagine a Sprinter camper is getting 30...are they?

Our 4x4 turbodiesel v6, high top 144 with a rack, suspension lift, oversize tires and ladder on the side gets around 15-17 if we keep it under 70 mph. Cruising at 80+ it's going to do more like 12. Not the ideal commuter. Was getting 18-20 before we converted it. Wet weight is about 8500lbs.

Got one, a sportmobile.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2599_LI.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	376705  
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Bonus points for the vanity license plate and creative traction board attachment? Snorkel and gas cans out of view on the right. Couldn't tell what the red handled tool next to the jack was, shovel or something more serious.
    Quite pleased with my first catch I must say...

Attachment 376677
    You know they spent a good amount of time getting the right rotation on the traction ladders before posting to Instagram

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    You know they spent a good amount of time getting the right rotation on the traction ladders before posting to Instagram

Plus, that one makes it look like the Jeep is a wind-up toy.

nice one! i like the fluorescent shovel : ) hope it glows in the dark
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Got one, a sportmobile.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I can't see the front. Snorkel?
    i did not catch up in traffic. might have one as there is no exhaust pipes

Seen just now in Swan Valley, hopefully bonus points for the personalized plates.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3508.JPG 
Views:	511 
Size:	303.0 KB 
ID:	376766

Name:	IMG_3509.JPG 
Views:	469 
Size:	310.7 KB 
ID:	376767

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

That’s it...it’s time to play G.O.T.O.S.

2 personalized plates too. That’s unique.
    Quadruple points!
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    2 personalized plates too. That’s unique.
    Quadruple points!
    Patriot Campers? Combat Crawler? I think this one won the multiplier, gets to lay down a card and a earned an extra ball.

Double tire diapers too!

Name:	Image1623294779.137992.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	376787

9 points
    - D-handle, wood shaft shovel (2)
    - Hi-Lift
    - awning
    - roof box (maybe something in it)
    - ladder
    - garbage bag
    - bike rack
    - metal box

- there is a spot for a gas can, by the ladder, but it wasn’t there. De-gotos’d.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

^^^ I think I see a solar panel and maybe a rear facing LED light bar up on that roof too.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    ^^^ I think I see a solar panel and maybe a rear facing LED light bar up on that roof too.
    Mark it 11. Thx dood.
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post

9 points
    - Hi-Lift
    - awning
    - ladder
    - garbage bag
    - bike rack
    - metal box

- there is a spot for a gas can, by the ladder, but it wasn’t there. De-gotos’d.
    That must be a trg lurker
    . . .

9 points
    - Hi-Lift
    - awning
    - ladder
    - garbage bag
    - bike rack
    - metal box

WTF is the purpose of the ladder starting at 6’ high and blocked by the spare tire?

This page has strong contenders. telee’s find in particular is a thread-winner.

OG GOTOS is on the primary vehicle. Trailer GOTOS is kind of a different category.
    You know what to do

OG GOTOS is on the primary vehicle. Trailer GOTOS is kind of a different category.
    I don’t know. The trailer in telee’s find should serve as some sort of multiplier. It’d be different if it was stand-alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I don’t know. The trailer in telee’s find should serve as some sort of multiplier. It’d be different if it was stand-alone.
    Its Tap's game and Tap's rules so I concede to his ruling. My find is so unique it may just have to be a foot note. My wife was pretty embarrassed as I hauled ass across the parking lot (drift boat in tow) to get photos of the white whale.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Seen just now in Swan Valley, hopefully bonus points for the personalized plates.
    Combat Crawler + Commando decals, with the Oscar Mike styling, should be worth extra points.

The spare tire fanny packs are one of the things that really cracks me up. Haven't seen that much before, but I guess it's becoming a trend? Also, like that Sprinter doesn't have enough room inside for like, well, ALL that stuff?! As a former owner of a Sprinter 4x4 work van, I find the whole GOTOS on the Sprinters particularly comical. Those things have so much freaking room inside. Would swallow up long lumber and extension ladders like a boss. These guys have hot tubs, huge leather sectional couches, and jumbo flatscreen TVs getting in the way or something that they have to tack literally everything on to the exterior?

This is modern "campers" in a nutshell (Pete's trailer from a Goofy Movie):

Out of all the stuff people buy to hang on their cars that will probably never get used or could be stored on the inside of their bug out vehicles, the spare tire back pack is not something I’m going to make fun of. Especially if it is being used for its intended purpose. Especially these days. Yes, I own and use one.

They are primarily for garbage transport and every time I see one, I think some might actually be practicing pack it in, pack it out principles. Around here, with all the new “outdoorsy” people, there is trash and human shit all over anywhere close to a road. I have one of those old people can grabbers and a small spade in my Trasharoo so when I get to where ever we want to camp, I spend a few minutes scooping the human and dog shit from around the camp so my dog doesn’t eat or roll in it. Then I spend a few minutes can grabbing the litter so I don’t go the whole night staring at trash and being pissed about how lazy our society is. No way do I want to store someone else’s shit and toilet paper inside my vehicle on a trip. I used to bury that stuff but lately I’ve found that it’s getting hard around dispersed sites to turn up dirt without turds already there.

We’re a gross society. Plus those backpacks make fine firewood foraging collectors when you see something worth burning and you pull over quick and throw a couple pieces of wood in the backpack.

Really a good accessory for leaving things better than you found them. I wish all these new overlanders and RVers would spend the $50 on the backpack instead of the $300 on traction plates or more off-road lighting.

But mine also doesn’t live on the back of my car getting sun faded and brittle. It’s only on if we’re going car camping and then it gets sprayed out and stored when the trip is done. I’ve walked by some of those in town and they stink.

I agree that in theory those backpack trash bags are a useful idea - but what do you do when camping where there are bears? Do you move that bag every night inside the vehicle? (and every time you leave the vehicle unattended?) Even raccoons will get into that.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

20 mm ammo can and compactor bags for trash if we’re somewhere with scavenger issues. But if there were scavenger issues with poop, I wouldn’t have to scoop it up.