Page 12 of 149 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I thought about this one. I don't think this is in the spirit of the thread. That vanagon. Looks legit. I suspect it belongs to people who actually go out in the boone's and camp and shit.
    Exactly; some people use shit and some people don’t. Seems like there’s room in the thread for honest appreciation of people going and getting some instead of pure disdain. If not, this thread is gonna get tired quickly....

I thought the point of the thread was to call out people who never take the shovel, traction boards, rotopax etc off the vehicle. Fine with me if they want to strap all sorts of shit on while they're on a road trip. But they look foolish with it on driving around town all the time.

Didn’t read the whole thread but this is an easy win for Boulder mags. I see at least half dozen high-point trucks at school drop off every morning, then another half dozen on the 5 mile drive home. Toyota and Lexus are the GOTOS of choice around these parts.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Those ski racks have been showing up in Jackson also. I've seen several new Defenders with them specifically.
    “Carbon-fiber vinyl film wrapped PVC tubes
    Simplified opening and mounting features
    Color choices: white and black for tubes
    Color choices: white and black for metal frames
    $1,190 for 4 tubes”

Carbon vinyl wrap??
    It’s a pvc drain pipe rack. For twelve hundo??.
    . . .

If the shit looks like it gets used, or at least has been used, fine. But pristine implements on a built vehicle without a scratch or even any dirt on it deserves a call out.

for the record, the bucket seats, console and shifter make Porsches a less than optimal place to get yer dick sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post

for the record, the bucket seats, console and shifter make Porsches a less than optimal place to get yer dick sucked.
    Sig worthy
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I thought about this one. I don't think this is in the spirit of the thread. That vanagon. Looks legit. I suspect it belongs to people who actually go out in the boone's and camp and shit.
    The fact that they are 2 states and at least 1,100 miles from their home state, out near Joshua Tree, does give this theory some credibility.

Some of y’all ain’t never been to Moab and it shows.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	70B568D1-7273-47B7-BE47-DD04617F47B2.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	696.5 KB 
ID:	372163

not the Whole Foods parking lot, but with the antenna you can’t see I think this douche from two weeks ago is at a 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Some of y’all ain’t never been to Moab and it shows.
    training for Moab...this is the gaper vehicle thread

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    “Carbon-fiber vinyl film wrapped PVC tubes
    Simplified opening and mounting features
    Color choices: white and black for tubes
    Color choices: white and black for metal frames
    $1,190 for 4 tubes”

Carbon vinyl wrap??
    It’s a pvc drain pipe rack. For twelve hundo??.
    They are not selling ski racks. They are selling common sense tests. Eat the rich.

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    Didn’t read the whole thread but this is an easy win for Boulder mags. I see at least half dozen high-point trucks at school drop off every morning, then another half dozen on the 5 mile drive home. Toyota and Lexus are the GOTOS of choice around these parts.
    In the name of Truckee California, I disagree. While some of our stuff gets used, we are the posergrounds for the entire Bay Area.

Our Range Rover/tesla/sprinter density is second to none, currently.

Keep Tahoe GOTOS ?

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post

Quoted for truth, however persistence on the passenger side can lead to success. Know what else causes trouble? Freeway construction. True story, I was cruising across the salt flats on the way to wendover for an autocross in my old mr2 turbo, and despite the bucket seats, large center console (hehe) and stick shift, my passenger was doing great. Just fantastic, when things took a turn for the worse. Freeway construction! Cones appeared out of nowhere, lane narrowed onto the rumble strip and shoulder. Lane shifts, cones, ack. Fail.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    South Routt?
    Correct. That is one block from my house

Name:	6A32FD4A-0E5C-4604-8C2D-B49E478CE355_1_201_a.jpeg 
Views:	147 
Size:	447.3 KB 
ID:	372184
    I came into this game for the action, the excitement. Go anywhere, travel light, get in, get out, wherever there's trouble, a man alone

Here is my submission for Verdi.
    It is parked within a mile of several dirt roads.
    Sneaky cuz it has lots of drawers to store stuff.

Name:	IMG_20210420_133212_7.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	372206
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

I guess I don't get what the problem with a box on a Porsche is. Fast fun car to drive, ya got a box for when you ski, take it off when yer back home.
    Neighbor of mine a long time ago would mount the ski rack on his car in November, go skiing once in the winter, and take the thing off in May. moron
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Hmm, I would assign it 1 point for the chunky tires/lift, 1 for the brushguard, 1 for the roofrack over the cab, and 1 for whatever that is hanging on the back. It does seem more a Gorp in the Truck or Sprinter rather than Gorp on the Truck or Sprinter though.

Sorry I. The picture they had come out and were in it. There were traction plates. Gas/water cans on the back. Along with a big metal lock box. Winch up front with clean shovel. It appears to be a well appointed 4x4 motor home
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Sorry I. The picture they had come out and were in it. There were traction plates. Gas/water cans on the back. Along with a big metal lock box. Winch up front with clean shovel. It appears to be a well appointed 4x4 motor home
    Oh man, sorry about that. I underestimated your points substantially!

Mitsubishi Fuso chassis Earthcruiser. Not many yrs ago they cost $250k, now the #covid #vanlife trend has them starting at 370k I believe.

Not really designed for 65+ mph cruising across N Nevada etc. Mitsubishi is pulling out of North American truck market but that announcement didn’t seem to dent the earth cruiser pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Mitsubishi Fuso chassis Earthcruiser. Not many yrs ago they cost $250k, now the #covid #vanlife trend has them starting at 370k I believe.

Not really designed for 65+ mph cruising across N Nevada etc. Mitsubishi is pulling out of North American truck market but that announcement didn’t seem to dent the earth cruiser pricing.
    You know, I thought there was a mercedes benz logo buried behind the winch. But I believe you are right. A Mitsubishi! Couple driving looked to be in their 60's. Flip flops all-around
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

You know, I thought there was a mercedes benz logo buried behind the winch. But I believe you are right. A Mitsubishi! Couple driving looked to be in their 60's. Flip flops all-around
    Those Mitsu' Fusos ain't no Unimog.

Looks like the EXP which has a toilet inboard, but external shower.

A former client resided two blocks from EarthCruiser's Galactic HQ. There were some amazing models in their lot from time-time.

MTT - Were spare tires showing on the back? That seems to be standard configuration, then the boxes & cans get added behind those. But with all of that, you have to put bikes, yaks, etc on the roof. Which on that popup roof, presents its own set of challenges and cost.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post

I think you can still pick up a base FX (incl GORP) for less than $300K.
    I like how they position these as an alternative to a cabin in the woods, except you can go more places
    Here's a gallery of the interiors. https://earthcruiser.com/vehicles/earthcruiser/
    Seems a little more cramped than a tiny house.

They are coming out with a camper mounted on an F350 (or comparable GM or Ram) chassis.

Name:	earthcruiser-overland-earthroamer-ram-chevy-ford-rv-4x4-offroad-expedition-camping-glamping-four.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	343.4 KB 
ID:	372240
    Price TBD

any points for strange announcement of your engine type on the windshield?

Name:	truck.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	372242
    skid luxury