Page 71 of 147 FirstFirst ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 3669
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    FWIW that is the stock Defender ladder and it does fold out - http://accessories-instructions.land...ender/G2409785
    You mean "deployable", not "fold out". Please keep the GOTOS nomenclature in the military tactical word-space.

This is a film photograph that I took a couple months ago with this thread in mind. I just didn't get to my negs and this till now.

Please tell me it is dead so I can buy all your shit. Over 30 years of this.

I did put and bring my Old Speckled Hen on there for reference. I can't get that beer, but it brings back so so many memories of that yum from the tap. This was ice cold and very delicious.

This guy did not fuck around and was super cool. That is the dude you want to halp you. All fucks no on your condoms.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	2.01 MB 
ID:	391642

Prove me wrong that right exposure with film just fucking delivers.

And that is a hitch.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    That is the dude you want to halp you. All fucks no on your condoms.
    I don't know if I want that kind of "help".

YMMV.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Got one. Florida plates.

That's going to be one dry hamburger.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    That's going to be one dry hamburger.
    That’s not a rooftop camper, that’s a foldout picnic spread, complete with individual condiment packets.

That looks nice.
    I’d be happy in that
    “The 4Runner
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    Upstate submission

Name:	38D22C2A-67EF-4877-A95A-41B899F33BC8.jpeg 
Views:	153 
Size:	207.9 KB 
ID:	391860

Name:	12F6E3D2-F71B-4424-8095-5AE3860F03B8.jpeg 
Views:	162 
Size:	182.4 KB 
ID:	391862
    Dude is loaded for bear.

Are those sharpened bicycle rims on the top?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    Dude is loaded for bear.

Are those sharpened bicycle rims on the top?

Damn if I know. I really don’t get the load rails over the bed trend. What’s wrong with a good old fashioned truck cap?

Damn if I know. I really don’t get the load rails over the bed trend. What’s wrong with a good old fashioned truck cap?
    Because then you risk wrecking the cap door when hanging your bikes front wheels over the tailgate blanket. Sheesh. And cred. All the cred flexing.

I have to confess to doing a set of Thule load rails over the bed thing on my truck. Here's why: truck has a slide in camper for summer, which comes off for winter. When the camper is off, I can mount the rails by myself, along with anything else I may want to attach - bike racks, rocketbox. A ski box lives on the crossbars all winter. I couldn't mount a shell by myself, and then I'd have to store the shell when the camper was on the truck.

I was going to go with a folding tonneau, preferably one with tracks to mount crossbars, but those covers are expensive. If/when I find a used one that fits, I may pick it up.

I bought the Thule bars used, and already had a rocketbox and several bike racks.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I have to confess to doing a set of Thule load rails over the bed thing on my truck. Here's why: truck has a slide in camper for summer, which comes off for winter. When the camper is off, I can mount the rails by myself, along with anything else I may want to attach - bike racks, rocketbox. A ski box lives on the crossbars all winter. I couldn't mount a shell by myself, and then I'd have to store the shell when the camper was on the truck.

I was going to go with a folding tonneau, preferably one with tracks to mount crossbars, but those covers are expensive. If/when I find a used one that fits, I may pick it up.

I bought the Thule bars used, and already had a rocketbox and several bike racks.
    Ok, that makes some sense but wouldn’t the bed be more useful if the bars went on top of the cab?

Ok, that makes some sense but wouldn’t the bed be more useful if the bars went on top of the cab?
    Yes, but then the bars would be very high up. Crossbars across the bed can be lower, hopefully less wind resistance there too.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Why do you need a rocket box of you have a truck bed?

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Because a lot of truck beds are too short for a pair of manly skis?

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Why do you need a rocket box of you have a truck bed?

Hard to lock up skis or other gear in an open truck bed.

Here you go. I give this one GOTOS point. The rocketbox is mounted backwards because it's so old that it only opens to the passenger side. Mounted above the bed, it blocks visibility a lot more when mounted on the passenger side of the bed.

I'd rather have the crossbars lower, but that's as low as they can go.

Here you go. I give this one GOTOS point. The rocketbox is mounted backwards because it's so old that it only opens to the passenger side. Mounted above the bed, it blocks visibility a lot more when mounted on the passenger side of the bed.

I see your logic. For me, the hassle of storing and lifting a cap would be worth the extra usefulness. I’ve considered mounting my box on my Subaru backwards because it only opens one way and I’d like to have it on the driver side but decided to maintain the aerodynamics instead. Whatever works right?

Agreed that a shell/cap is the best way to max out reasonably secure, dry storage. And opens up the potential for a sleeping platform.

Mrs C wants to get a travel trailer sometime, so being able to put bikes over the bed + random shit in the bed will be useful then.

I've just been too GOTOS Mecca: Death Valley. The points on display were beyond counting.

They travel in large groups and stop often. They wear clothes more suited for an afternoon cafe stop in LA than for a trip to the great beyond. At stops they talk about their rigs and the modifications.

I went through most of the difficult 4x4 canyons in the park and rode about 400 miles of dirt in the last 4 days. At no point did i see any GOTOS rigs farther than 1/2 mile from a graded road. The guys I saw the farthest out there (quite far, in fact) were sleeping on the ground and had regular old Toyota pickups without racks or even any soy sauce or mayonnaise containers.

It was an interesting insight into that subculture, which is apparently huge. Lots and lots of money is being spent on "overlanding" equipment.

I have a 200 mile range on my Husky and could easily ride through DV from one side to the other via the hard passes. In Beatty I witnessed a guy filling up his Land Cruiser and an additional 8 gallons in Rotopax containers, which he could not lift onto their holder without help. He must have a 500 mile range. Where in the US is he going? I guess he doesn't have to get fuel at Furnace Creek, where it was $6.66/gal.

Also, they are slow. They go like 10mph on the rougher roads, where it is no prob to go 45 on the moto. How do they have the patience for it?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211106_100457.jpeg 
Views:	127 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	391947Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211105_154047.jpeg 
Views:	139 
Size:	109.0 KB 
ID:	391948Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211106_123049.jpeg 
Views:	128 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	391949Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211106_100003.jpeg 
Views:	133 
Size:	123.7 KB 
ID:	391950Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211107_103906.jpeg 
Views:	126 
Size:	122.8 KB 
ID:	391951
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

that motorcycle could really use a nice serrated shovel and a high lift jack... maybe an umbrella too?

fact.

A friend just bought an F350 with the 8 foot box because they plan to pull a 5th wheel camper, someday. In the mean time they installed the same rack shown in the picture above. That really grinds my gears. It just looks so wrong when a legitimate truck gets GOTOS stuff installed.

There ought to be a law restricting GOTOS accessories to trucks with bed lengths less than 6 feet. Most people are already in compliance.

Ok, Peter Griffin rant over.

Name:	Image1636368083.536569.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	139.8 KB 
ID:	391954

Roof fans running while owner was pedaling around.

Name:	20211107_114606.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	816.2 KB 
ID:	391955
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

^^^Connecticut is well know for it’s rough country.