Page 60 of 149 FirstFirst ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 3703
    Baksheesh?

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Plus 300 for weirdness.

Edit: and how in sev3n bloody hells does he get TÜV with that? (Remember over here we're not allowed to drive whatever we want and have to get through a safety check every 2 years)
    They just take the tent off when they get home from holidays. What the TúV doesn't know won't hurt them.

You guys that have problem leveling the RTT or camper?. You know that shiny shovel mounted on the rack? Sometimes it's easier to dig a hole and drop in a tire, than it is to try and raise the other 2 or three.
    And as a bonus, that sheen on the shovel gets properly buffed out as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    Here is contender from Germany competing for a Steeze-Of-Da-Week award, up in northern Norwedge...
    Yes, the rig has couple of plus points but there are so much minus points that I can not compute.

Attachment 384205
    Shit. I wish I had a picture of a rig around here. The husband of a friend of my wife has a custom rig for t heir late model Subaru Forester. It replaced the lift gate and extends a couple of feet. He's a boat builder. I'm not sure if he built it all himself or not. Anyway, during covid it is their grocery getter so they don't have to use the bathroom in any stores. It has a toilet. They are small in stature so it works for them. Folks on here might have seen it around chittenden or Franklin counties.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Is that the kind of location that bagtagley likes to set up his campsites? No wonder he's all in on the RTTs. Hahaha.

Pic cracks me up. SO many things wrong with it.
    I love it. That shit is parked right in the middle of the road, and there are doubtless a dozen various RVs and other rigs just out of the shot on looker's right.

From last spring, looking up to the falls. My KTM is parked almost in the same spot.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210311_131351_HDR.jpeg 
Views:	127 
Size:	121.1 KB 
ID:	384216
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I used the stick on levels inside the cab on my old truck too, for a slide in camper. Works great.

I have a set of plastic leveling blocks to help when I can't find a level spot from driving around or suitable rocks. They're like a thick stack of lego squares that interlock so they can be stacked.
    just because this thread is awesome I feel the need to contribute.

Another leveling tip. Add an app like Bubble Level to your phone. easy peasy.

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    just because this thread is awesome I feel the need to contribute.

Another leveling tip. Add an app like Bubble Level to your phone. easy peasy.

For anyone with an iPhone, the stock Measure app has a level, on the bottom of the screen you can switch to level. Even the compass app has a built in level (the crosshairs in the middle of the compass rose), but it's not as sensitive.

I have one of those Ozark $25 Walmart tents that I throw in the back of my $50k Jeep Rubicon. Playmate cooler and some $4.97 Walmart chairs. I bicycle toured back in the day and this is a supreme luxury setup for me.

Not that tough to get level in a lot of newer off road vehicles.

Haha, I had same thought and tried using that screen in my Taco once. It is no where near accurate enough to level the truck for sleeping. The screen would show level both ways when you could see clearly (and definitely feel lying down) that it wasn't level.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Haha, I had same thought and tried using that screen in my Taco once. It is no where near accurate enough to level the truck for sleeping. The screen would show level both ways when you could see clearly (and definitely feel lying down) that it wasn't level.
    I’ve gotten close enough, but I’m usually buzzed up enough when I crawl into bed that I don’t care much.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Not that tough to get level in a lot of newer off road vehicles.

One particular former TRG poster would not be able to use this because it goes +/- 30°

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    One particular former TRG poster would not be able to use this because it goes +/- 30°
    Pio?

I think Skidog would tilt the shit out of that scale as well, just because its more Gnar.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    Pio?

I think Skidog would tilt the shit out of that scale as well, just because its more Gnar.
    Jimmy Pio. Ding ding ding!

Lifted Crosstrek, AT tires, traction things, aftermarket exhaust and some more stuff on the roof, this anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyg82 View Post

Lifted Crosstrek, AT tires, traction things, aftermarket exhaust and some more stuff on the roof, this anything?
    For starters….lame.

Nice catch!
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Wrong thread maybe?

Lifted justy, no doors. No rear bumper, pizza cutter tires. Bull bar/rock crawler front bumper. Didn’t notice a winch.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6654.JPG 
Views:	194 
Size:	628.7 KB 
ID:	384632

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Wrong thread maybe?

Lifted justy, no doors. No rear bumper, pizza cutter tires. Bull bar/rock crawler front bumper. Didn’t notice a winch.

Oh hell yes! That's awesome!

Wrong thread maybe?

Looks like a great vehicle for a Gambler 500

3 cylinder ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    3 cylinder ftw
    That’s why there’s no doors and bumper.
    Power to weight ratio baby!
    . . .

The driver was in the truck so I couldn't document front points. However there appeared to be an obscene light bar, a bumper and maybe a winch. Plus some weird other shit that I couldn't even identify.

I really just check in to see if someone says, “hey, that’s mine!”

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    The driver was in the truck so I couldn't document front points. However there appeared to be an obscene light bar, a bumper and maybe a winch. Plus some weird other shit that I couldn't even identify.
    Probably have to deduct a point for having the maxtrax hidden in the bed. Nice use of side cabinets though. Holy shit that is a lot of weight up high. Truck bed itself likely empty?

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    I really just check in to see if someone says, “hey, that’s mine!”
    Someone spotted me driving through Cortez in July and posted it a pic on a camper-specific thread on Tacomaworld. Not enough gotos on it for this thread though, and thankfully pic was taken from far enough away you can't see me picking my nose : )

Wrong thread maybe?

Isn't that the opposite of a GOTOS? Things have actually been removed from the outside, not added! That said... that thing could be an inspiration of today's side-by-sides. But with less power and safety devices, and probably only 2 wheel drive. FUN!
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/