Page 7 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    We had one of these for sale near us for a while. Tires were obviously smaller, but same setup. They had a Yacht painted on the side. It was so sweet, but way too rough inside to be worth the effort. The Land Yacht painting was an eye catcher though.
    I found it. Looks like they got about $25,000 for it. My wife would have killed me.

The interior actually looks pretty good. Not good enough for me to live in, alone and divorced and homeless, permanently though, which is what my wife would have suggested, had I bought it.
    http://www.gmcrvforsale.com/1976-pal...petersburg-fl/

The yacht is much better than I was expecting.

Errands today. City market early & the lot was pretty empty, but Natural Grocers was jammin, traction pads, roto pack fuel-canisters, rod cases et al. Hit the car wash, behind me was a new Lexus landcrusier equiv, older couple form Texas. Had aftermarket rims, aggro tires, rear hitch gear rack and a roof rack with a 5 gal gas container strapped to it, which was totally leaking onto the roof. Fun to laugh at the overland crowd, but at least they appreciate keeping shit tight. Then I stopped to fuel up, next pump over was a dude whose rig was photo worthy for this thread. Couldn't calculate his points cause I didn't have a scientific calculator with me

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Tonics View Post
    To be fair, I’m about to get a trasharoo. Made in the USA and $45. Not a huge expense

We use wag-bags for poop and the trasharoo saves us from having to keep shit bags in the camper.

That alone is worth the $45.
    Enjoy having rodents/bears/raccoons scattering your shit around your campsite.

Just get a big pVc tube and build a groover, strap it underneath to the frame. Or bolt a 20mm ammo can to the back bumper.

^^^what Falcon said--- and for about 200 bucks you can get a liner for that ammo can that hooks right up to an RV dump. It wont take that many poops to pay for itself and the odor is minimal even if youre traveling next to it on a boat all day long.

https://www.nrs.com/product/73050.02...-toilet-system

That’s it...it’s time to play G.O.T.O.S.

Don’t overheat the electric winch. 9000 lb and took her 2 hours

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0206.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	371242

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

It looks like you could have stayed on the “road” but it’s not a road. It also looks like you coulda found an anchor point more starboard but no, it was a pipeline right of way. You couldn’t even barely get the PS to orient the wheels in the correct direction with all the shit built up behind the driver side front wheel.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0203.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	371243

We got a dude with a built up J10 and PTO winch to pull her out
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Camped overnight in the Mt Hood Timberline parking lot, the scores I could have racked up would easily pass triple digits with just the rigs there at 2am.

That’s it...it’s time to play G.O.T.O.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    ^^^what Falcon said--- and for about 200 bucks you can get a liner for that ammo can that hooks right up to an RV dump. It wont take that many poops to pay for itself and the odor is minimal even if youre traveling next to it on a boat all day long.

https://www.nrs.com/product/73050.02...-toilet-system
    Ahhh to be clear, we have a couple different groover setups as we have a rafting rig too. (We’ve been running rivers for ~20 years longer than we’ve had a legit camper van!)

For extended trips we will carry a real toilet system in the van. Also, I’ve been on enough trips to know that ALL groovers (ecosafe included) stink a bit.

This time of year we pretty much leave Friday afternoon and back Sunday. I’m not going to break out the groover for 3-5 loads. Fill the bag in the morning, and it’s in a dumpster in ~36hours. We have a gamma lid bucket or ammo can we keep them in while at camp. Then when are back on the road,I want to put the bags (maybe the bucket?) in the trasharoo. I don’t intend to have wag bags stewing back there. Just when driving. And if a raccoon wants my shit sack at 65mph, he’s welcome to it.

I haven’t put this plan into action yet. But the trasharoo sounds good for recycling and firewood too.

I’m no overlander though, I don’t even have traction plates, and drive a Prius to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Or bolt a 20mm ammo can to the back bumper.
    This would be the ticket. But I have (gasp) stock bumper. Any cheap way to carry a groover or ammo can on the back passenger side door would be ideal.

What’s the sprinter sticker equivalent for a punisher skull sticker on a lifted jeep?

An outline of the state their supposedly from? Outline of Lake Tahoe or Mr Rainier?

A mad river glenn ski it if you can sticker?

A Yeti or Santa Cruz sticker?

Choice stickers should be worth points..

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

patagucci fish

Name:  ready4anything.png
Views: 1173
Size:  752.3 KB
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by Svengali View Post
    Holy shit.

For some reason I suddenly want tacos.

6290507]Name:  ready4anything.png

Just on axle count alone, that thing is like 90 points

Do they use the truck to transport lions or something?

That is amazing! My mind is lost.....who...how....why...cannot compute.

Sent from my SM-G988B using TGR Forums mobile app
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Tonics View Post
    Any cheap way to carry a groover or ammo can on the back passenger side door would be ideal.
    Hot glue.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    Hot glue.
    Bahahahahahah

Damn this thread. Now all I see is snorkels and roof top tents/overbuilt racks with landscaping implements strapped to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Camped overnight in the Mt Hood Timberline parking lot, the scores I could have racked up would easily pass triple digits with just the rigs there at 2am.
    zero points because no pics. C'mon man!
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Trailer monstrosity
    Wonder how you get the boat down, those loading ramps are too short !

Holy crap. Dude trying to set a world record on highest carbon footprint or something? Coal rollin' rednecks got nothing on this guy!

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Wonder how you get the boat down, those loading ramps are too short !
    Boat deck tilts down. Hydraulic arms about a third of the way back. Guy fabs a fifth wheel camper to a garbage truck and tows around one of the most prominent (and difficult to import) vehicle in the world. That is an interesting setup with probably a good story behind it.

Whoever owns that setup has to be a certified, grade A kook. That's unique enough to be cool. I would argue it doesn't belong in this thread: it defies the "as different as we are, we're all the same" trope that is vanlife/overlanding.

"A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”