Page 41 of 148 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 3695
    Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    I too like to stack gas cans right on top of my extra water. Those things never leak.
    Yeah, seems like he probably could have put two gas cans together on the back and put the always-warm water on the side rack.

Only $800 to get the three-step ladder [looks unclimbable with the cans on it] and the side mount adapter. I wonder if he's got the interior rack, springs and other "R4" upgrades? https://rnofitfabrication.com/store

And are we safe to assume he did the Bro Payment Plan??? https://rnofitfabrication.com/bro-payment-plan

We have that same body style RAV4. A ladder to reach the roof is idiotic unless you're planning to climb up and stand on the roof for some reason.

If you need to reach anything higher on the roof, just stand on the rear tire, or open a rear door and stand on the door jamb.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post

If you need to reach anything higher on the roof, just stand on the rear tire, or open a rear door and stand on the door jamb.
    Applies to 95% of all vehicles on the road, except maybe vans.

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    Applies to 95% of all vehicles on the road, except maybe vans.
    Or RVs.

I've seen those Sprinter type vans with a big ladder on the side. Doesn't that whistle a bunch in the wind?
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

That’s it...it’s time to play G.O.T.O.S.

Or RVs.

I've seen those Sprinter type vans with a big ladder on the side. Doesn't that whistle a bunch in the wind?
    One should little worry about such trivial things while leisurely taking on the Baja or the beaches of Morocco. The highway time is minimal when such undertakings are in order. And when one is forced onto the tarmac, driving at 45 mph is a great way to take in the countryside.

And BTW, chup, I wasn’t gonna say anything but I have to: stepping in door jambs to access the roof? How absolutely primitive can you be? For starters, that’s not gonna go well for my overland loafers.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    And BTW, chup, I wasn’t gonna say anything but I have to: stepping in door jambs to access the roof? How absolutely primitive can you be? For starters, that’s not gonna go well for my overland loafers.
    Of course, one would not scuff one's white loafers doing such pedestrian tasks.

This is why I am pleased to announce my new line of GOTOS-approved roof accessing slippers, produced in collaboration with Snowpeak and Backcountry.com, featuring a titanium goat emblem emblazoned on locally-sourced woven-hemp moccasins. Quantities will be limited, so PM to sign up now and be a part of this exclusive group at your next Sprinter Expo! If you are amongst the first 500 to order, your slippers will be delivered in a UV-stable MOLLE-mountable display case, perfect for exterior vehicular ornamentation!

This is why I am pleased to announce my new line of GOTOS-approved roof accessing slippers, produced in collaboration with Snowpeak and Backcountry.com, featuring a titanium goat emblem emblazoned on locally-sourced woven-hemp moccasins. Quantities will be limited, so PM to sign up now and be a part of this exclusive group at your next Sprinter Expo! If you are amongst the first 500 to order, your slippers will be delivered in a UV-stable MOLLE-mountable display case, perfect for exterior vehicular ornamentation!
    Nice! That’s kinda like the ones I got they’re a collab with Wild Earth, Southern Metal, Redback Boots and Old Man Emu that were developed for the harsh conditions of Ayer’s Rock but have since been tested worldwide.

I’m probably more interested in an ownership interest in the product than I am in the product itself but I think it’s a winner!

Well shit, I didn't know I needed externally mounted overlanding loafers until now!

I'll pay double whatever the asking price is.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Well shit, I didn't know I needed externally mounted overlanding loafers until now!

I'll pay double whatever the asking price is.
    Missed the memo. Do you even protect our winters?

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    I too like to stack gas cans right on top of my extra water. Those things never leak.
    Texas man only carries ketchup and mayo.

That’s it...it’s time to play G.O.T.O.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Hard to blame him. Too many motherfuckers are like “we got miracle whip” when you ask if they have Mayo. Did I ask “do you have something disgusting that I can ruin my food with? No. I just asked for some GODDAMNED MAYONNAISE!!!”

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    He's really from Utah originally. That's his emergency ration of fry sauce.

Or RVs.

i doubt it. Mine doesn't but it's on a Econoline not a Sprinter.

What nobody’s talking about is that ladder will be necessary to access the roof top tent they can’t afford because they blew their wad on extra fuel capacity.

Or RVs.

no

ladders make it easy to get on the roof so I can sunbathe nude

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    no

ladders make it easy to get on the roof so I can sunbathe nude
    Degen from upcountry.

.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210617_183752.jpeg 
Views:	414 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	377366Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210617_172823.jpeg 
Views:	180 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	377367

Name:	20210617_185237.jpeg 
Views:	479 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	377368

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post

Name:	20210617_185237.jpeg 
Views:	479 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	377368
    This thing is a test case.

Name:  DKrVDL7.png
Views: 1040
Size:  544.6 KB

Holy fuck that is a lot of gas cans. (New)FJ guys have a pretty high douchebag ratio. The prices those things are getting are way beyond standard Toyota tax.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

ID:	377366
    I think that's 8 gallons of extra gas. You guys must be going somewhere really remote on that ferry!

ID:	377366Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210617_172823.jpeg 
Views:	180 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	377367
    At first thought the AK plates make it legit but then I started wondering how deep you can get away from gas stations in AK? To my southern mind it seems like you'd get into Super Cub territory pretty soon.

Wait, if that guy just drove from AK to Seattle (resuming that's where Norseman roughly is) with a range of a FJ being about 275/tank (probably a lot less than 275 with that tent on top), 8 gallons of extra gas is legit.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    At first thought the AK plates make it legit but then I started wondering how deep you can get away from gas stations in AK? To my southern mind it seems like you'd get into Super Cub territory pretty soon.
    The roads north of Fairbanks can put you away from gas stations, especially outside of business hours. Or parts of the AlCan - use to be anyway. That rig is suspiciously clean, tho.