Page 114 of 147 FirstFirst ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 3669
    Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Does it count if the vehicle is completely bare of GOTOS but it's pulling a trailer that has every gotos thing you can imagine? I couldn't get a pick, too slow on the draw. It looked like a rental and had a .com stenciled on it. Solid trailer, beefy suspension. But why put a RTT on a trailer? I guess it's to keep the trailer small, light, and nimble so you can flog it up and down jeep trails? I've seen pics of other things that are the same idea but an actual tent folds out of the top, which gives you more room than in the RTT.
    Tons of advantages to those setups. Mine was an enclosed trailer, so a little different, but it was super useful. Just the fact that you can easily take it on/off the vehicle and leave it somewhere is huge. Tow it with different vehicles. Save a campsite. Don't have to break down every time you leave camp. Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Tons of advantages to those setups. Mine was an enclosed trailer, so a little different, but it was super useful. Just the fact that you can easily take it on/off the vehicle and leave it somewhere is huge. Tow it with different vehicles. Save a campsite. Don't have to break down every time you leave camp. Etc.
    Makes sense. The RTT on a trailer concept struck me as odd though. I'd prefer the ones I've seen with a much bigger tent that folds up and out of the top. And they clearly didn't need all of the condiments attached to the thing.

Main benefit of the "Condiments" containers is that they are securely fastened to the vehicle and they don't bounce around in rough terrain and they are easily accessible.

yeah, nah... the main benefit is the manly impressions it make on that soccer mom yer currently hitting on in the whole foods parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Does it count if the vehicle is completely bare of GOTOS but it's pulling a trailer that has every gotos thing you can imagine? I couldn't get a pick, too slow on the draw. It looked like a rental and had a .com stenciled on it. Solid trailer, beefy suspension. But why put a RTT on a trailer? I guess it's to keep the trailer small, light, and nimble so you can flog it up and down jeep trails? I've seen pics of other things that are the same idea but an actual tent folds out of the top, which gives you more room than in the RTT.
    That’d be the only way I’d do an RTT. I’ve seen some pretty budget setups that look like they work well. Utility trailer with a lumber rack mounted to it. RTT, awning, shower, etc on the lumber rack. Camp gear, bikes, kayaks, etc stuffed under in the trailer.

Sits lower than an RTT on a car. Easier to level. Storage to bring a more lux camp setup, more activity gear. Can drop the trailer and drive off.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

I get all that. Just, wouldn't it be a) possibly cheaper to have an actual tent that folds up and out with the top of the trailer flipping open to be the platform and b) offer you much more room than the RTT, including the possibility of standing up? I get that an RTT is an off the shelf solution that you can slap on anything with the right mount points. But they are small. And you can't stand up.

I want to like the RTT concept. I just can’t figure out how it’s not worse than an actual car camping tent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    Illegal arms dealer or prince?
    Guaranteed Russian with a shaved head and aviators.

RTT on top of a trailer is probably better in warm weather than sleeping inside a trailer that doesn't have AC. RTT's in general are better than tents for sleeping in gravelly trailhead parking lots, and better than sleeping in the back of the car when its warm out.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    yeah, nah... the main benefit is the manly impressions it make on that soccer mom yer currently hitting on in the whole foods parking lot.
    Do they have a color specifically for KY?

Name:  Screenshot 2022-10-04 162335.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  131.0 KB

Mild GOTOS

It was rocking two pelican cases on the rack. Tires seem somewhat bald so maybe it gets some use.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Do they have a color specifically for KY?
    Clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Name:  Screenshot 2022-10-04 162335.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  131.0 KB

Mild GOTOS

It was rocking two pelican cases on the rack. Tires seem somewhat bald so maybe it gets some use.
    Make no mistake, that heep-wagan GOTOS mobile is a commuter.

We got a major point opportunity here. Parked at a hotel in Kauai

Just got back from a trip through Jackson, Crested Butte, and Moab. Surprisingly, there were fewer Extreme GOTOS rigs in all those places than I usually see in Bend. Is Bend the GOTOS capital?

Bend and Boulder neck and neck I would guess.

I don't recall much GOTOS when I passed through Bend. Saw about 80,000 #vanlifers, but pretty minimal builds. Yawn.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    We got a major point opportunity here. Parked at a hotel in Kauai

First, where is the whinch?
    Second do you count each sticker individually to maximize the points.
    Third, the roobar is missing.

"Overland"

Rory with the quote: "He's got more shit in the back of his truck than I do in my RV."
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    "Overland"

Rory with the quote: "He's got more shit in the back of his truck than I do in my RV."
    Somebody done fucked up. I’m surprised there wasn’t an overwhelming stench from the people in the vehicle shitting their pants as they bounced down. Wonder where the owner was while they were pulling it out.

Cool video, thx.

Definitely a good watch. Fuck YouTube ads though

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    that was a seriously impressive recovery. I can't believe the Taco didn't roll over when it plunged down that slope. have to admit part of me was anxiously waiting to see both of the two winch vehicles plummeting down the hill in an epic fail moment.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Definitely a good watch. Fuck YouTube ads though
    https://brave.com

Or

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/g...03-22.4419609/

I don't see ads.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

I'm not on a computer yo. YouTube app takes over on YouTube videos. It's a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Just got back from a trip through Jackson, Crested Butte, and Moab. Surprisingly, there were fewer Extreme GOTOS rigs in all those places than I usually see in Bend. Is Bend the GOTOS capital?
    Bend is to GOTOS as Capistrano is to swallows - they congregate here in Spring for a while then leave when it starts getting cold