Page 79 of 149 FirstFirst ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 3704
    I figured they were hydraulic or electrical PTUs, but was hoping for something more Batman

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    If you look closely you will notice a spout on the top of the soy sauce tank for refill. I also saw a drain valve on the bottom of the tank, to which one could add a small hose for measuring out amounts for cooking on stir fridays. So no tank removal necessary.

Fishing rods
    To be fair, bull trout are still in play on the Metolius (15 miles away)
    Fresh trout sashimi and soysauce.... so no need to throw the tire into the bonfire

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Touring Portugal in their VW T4 sounds like fun.
    Yes, it is a must. If you have the chance do it
    Portugal is alltime amazing. From may till dezember... the later the farther south.

All drugs a decrimilized
    So possesion and consumption of drugs is ok.
    25g weed or hash per person
    5g cocain per person
    10 tablets xtc per person

So imagine a r4 with 5 guys going to a 1 day festival : D fully loaded

Sombedoy told me the landscape is close to california.

Food is good and cheap.

Outside national parks you can park anywhere for 48h. Easy camping. Just the southwest is on giant nationalpark. It is more tricky there at the moment.

GOTOS: Wisconsin Edition

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639696882.940561.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	397019

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    To be fair, bull trout are still laughing at whatever you cast at them on the Metolius (15 miles away)
    FIFY.

^^^Whatever I cast at them anyway.

Name:	hoot.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	397249

my last submission for this year
    3 points

light
    horn
    wetsuit rack

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I figured they were hydraulic or electrical PTUs, but was hoping for something more Batman
    Any open cylinder is a bottle rocket launcher if you're brave enough.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Any open cylinder is a bottle rocket launcher if you're brave enough.
    At some point in my 20s I was at a house party where we thought it would be cool to turn a fork slider from an old dirtbike into a cannon. I remember standing in the basement flirting with a friend's hot sister, occasionally glancing over at another friend packing the fork with a ramrod and thinking that just maybe he was applying a little too much force...

Fast forward to us walking down to the park and the sensible one in our group asking "how much charge is in that thing?" "a lot"

Once an acceptable location had been found, some debate ensued as to the best way to shoot it: both 'at' something vs into the sky? and bazooka or mortar style? Me interjecting, "is it possible that the line between cannon and pipe bomb has been crossed?" as more of a statement than question. Sensible friend, "we'll stick it in the ground, end of discussion" On to lighting it!

Just like every movie and tv show of the 80s and 90s, the first try didn't take. After some rejigging, the fastest runner (many stories of him outrunning police saved for a later date) lights the fuse and time slowed down. Was it still lit? Was it a fail? Did Dave's sister leave?

BOOM! Hot aluminum shrapnel everywhere, yet like Jules and Vincent, we're miraculously unharmed. Well, except our eardrums. It was such a holy shit moment that we didn't even cheer or laugh. The cops were definitely coming, and we needed to gtfo ASAP.

I don't even know how, but one of my friends grabbed what was left of the fork and used it as a paper weight for years.

^^^Along that line…
    Anybody ever made a “rocket” using a tomato paste can with a firecracker taped to the inside and fuse sticking out, then placed into 5lb can partially filled with water?

PSA - don’t substitute an M80 for the firecracker. My dad was not pleased with the chunk of can stuck in the side of his Lincoln…

These stories need to go to the unsmart things done thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

^^ it works even better if you drop a few pieces of carbide in the water first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Yup, I bet it would
    Also some shavings of magnesium now that I think of it

But I was unaware of these enhancements during my prime years as a danger to myself and others. Probably a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    GOTOS: Wisconsin Edition

Name:	Image1639696882.940561.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	397019
    There used to be one just like it here (minus the hail damage). I think it belonged to hop.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    At some point in my 20s I was at a house party where we thought it would be cool to turn a fork slider from an old dirtbike into a cannon. I remember standing in the basement flirting with a friend's hot sister, occasionally glancing over at another friend packing the fork with a ramrod and thinking that just maybe he was applying a little too much force...

Fast forward to us walking down to the park and the sensible one in our group asking "how much charge is in that thing?" "a lot"

Once an acceptable location had been found, some debate ensued as to the best way to shoot it: both 'at' something vs into the sky? and bazooka or mortar style? Me interjecting, "is it possible that the line between cannon and pipe bomb has been crossed?" as more of a statement than question. Sensible friend, "we'll stick it in the ground, end of discussion" On to lighting it!

Just like every movie and tv show of the 80s and 90s, the first try didn't take. After some rejigging, the fastest runner (many stories of him outrunning police saved for a later date) lights the fuse and time slowed down. Was it still lit? Was it a fail? Did Dave's sister leave?

BOOM! Hot aluminum shrapnel everywhere, yet like Jules and Vincent, we're miraculously unharmed. Well, except our eardrums. It was such a holy shit moment that we didn't even cheer or laugh. The cops were definitely coming, and we needed to gtfo ASAP.

I don't even know how, but one of my friends grabbed what was left of the fork and used it as a paper weight for years.
    That's a good one. We used to make little bombs to wake the neighborhood's speedbump buyers. One day we decided to make one in a piece of aluminum tubing. Crimped the ends and probably cut the fuse in the process, because the damn thing was a dud. We knew enough not to go near it for a while, so we wandered off and forgot it was laying in the front yard.

Unrelated to this, my sister found a pipe bomb in the front yard that evening and immediately called 911. Pretty sure all involved parties handled it (gingerly but obviously) at least once before the police came and got it.

Unimog's should all be equipped with detonators, preferably bumper-mounted Acme-brand.

Name:	IMG_3807.JPG 
Views:	169 
Size:	418.0 KB 
ID:	397531Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3808.JPG 
Views:	195 
Size:	250.9 KB 
ID:	397532

Someone score this sucker!

I love that the "extreme off-road overland high-lift camper trailer" tongue jack doesn't tilt up and is only about 8" off the road.
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    I love that the "extreme off-road overland high-lift camper trailer" tongue jack doesn't tilt up and is only about 8" off the road.
    Lol
    Yeah, and they are using an articulating hitch but low pro road tires, and I might be wrong, but it looks like the trailer axle has a droop in the middle meaning it's insufficient for the weight they've been carrying or they installed it upside down. But the carpet matches the drapes on this specimen.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post

Currently unscorable because his 2 kayaks fell off somewhere down the road. Need a ruling on wether that adds or subtracts points.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Got one! Spotted in its native habitat - a driveway in a bougie Portland neighborhood.

-Tow hooks
    -Light bar integrated in brush guard (say, is that a good idea from a functional perspective?)
    -Solar panels
    -Traction plates
    -Bonus for vanity plate?

Name:	gnarwagon.JPG 
Views:	202 
Size:	283.7 KB 
ID:	397599

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    looks like the trailer axle has a droop in the middle meaning it's insufficient for the weight they've been carrying or they installed it upside down.
    Good eye. I wonder if it was a spring over conversion done by flipping over the trailer axle and reusing the spring under pads.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

My favorite part is how much extra he has paid for the privilege of driving something that is now heavier, slower, less maneuverable and more costly to travel with. All so he can tell everyone how much better it is to sleep off the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Got one! Spotted in its native habitat - a driveway in a bougie Portland neighborhood.

-Tow hooks
    -Light bar integrated in brush guard (say, is that a good idea from a functional perspective?)
    -Solar panels
    -Traction plates
    -Bonus for vanity plate?

GNRWGN = guns n roses wagon

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post

-Tow hooks
    -Solar panels
    -Traction plates
    -Bonus for vanity plate?

To add
    Booster antenna
    Is there a winch behind the front plate (“Gnar Wagon!”)
    Ladder
    Roofbox
    What’s that silver thing next to roof box (looks like a giant stereo amp)?
    Mud/snow/mags
    Looks like awning on passenger side

Is it a 10? I think it might be. Not bad.