Page 4 of 147 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    Seen a bro-dozer (Dodge) running around with that sticker...... in Colorado.
    There’s plenty in...wait for it...Bozeman.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Yeah, I have always heard the snorkel is more useful in desert setting. Makes sense. Pulling air from higher up, where the dust isn't as thick.
    No one would ever make a snorkel for any of my vehicles, but if they did, I'd consider one. In the Northeast driving mostly on paved roads, I could go 10k miles without the oil life warning coming on (I actually wondered if it was somehow disabled, as I'd always changed it before it came on). Now I live in the desert and if I put in a lot of miles on dirt roads, I end up needing an oil change after a few thousand miles.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0394.JPG 
Views:	290 
Size:	170.0 KB 
ID:	371021
    Instinctively took this pic a while back.
    I certainly enjoyed the moment at the time, hope you do to.

Some say his quest for organic produce continues to this day.

That’s pure stuff right there.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    The owner of American Expedition Vehicles (we drive by his place every day) and its design headquarters are both in Missoula, so I am going to win this thread handily.
    I’ll see your American Expedition Vehicles and raise you EarthCruisers, hq’d in Bend OR.

Name:	Dual-Cab-EXP-Exterior.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	376.7 KB 
ID:	371027
    These come out of the shop with about 11 points
    https://earthcruiser.com/vehicles/earth cruiser

How long will this contest run? It’s gonna be mid June before the Sprinter invasion starts here...

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    I think most of us aren't saying that these type of vehicles aren't cool.
    Oh, I am. Emphatically and with extreme prejudice. You literally could not pay me to own or drive one of these things. I don't want those things or the people who drool over them in my life. A person has to have principles.

That picture up above would look a lot better if the vehicle was ablaze, spunkspawn and all: they're a part of the overpopulation problem.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    That picture up above would look a lot better if the vehicle was ablaze, spunkspawn and all: they're a part of the overpopulation problem.
    People are definitely a factor in that.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    How much? Full disclosure, I've thought Sportsmobiles are kinda cool for a really long time, like forever. I wouldn't mind having one if it didn't have to be a daily driver and you had another vehicle...
    Yeah, they definitely look like they'd be pretty awesome. A couple blocks from my house there are two of them. I had assumed it was neighbors who each owned one, but last time I walked by they were both parked in a single driveway. I can't figure out why you'd need two of them unless you're renting them out.

That’s it...it’s time to play G.O.T.O.S.

I suspect a stock RAV4 could get you 99% of the way between Anchorage/Tuktoyaktuk and Ushuaia - maybe even a Corolla?

But if you’re not doing that drive in a Unimog are you really even doing it?

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    I suspect a stock RAV4 could get you 99% of the way between Anchorage/Tuktoyaktuk and Ushuaia - maybe even a Corolla?

The real question should be can you get from Barrow to Sitka in a RAV4?
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    It’d be a lot cheaper than taking a unimog. Same for getting past the Darien Gap.

But no street (blog) cred. Plus a lot less room for your map of the world sticker.

You could do much of it in a Corolla, but you might not be able to do much off of it, and dreary washboard gravel roads with occasional Corolla eating potholes are tiring in a Corolla

there was a time when it came seemed a bunch of those mega cruisers were either German or Suisse owned.

How could you possibly be the guy who bought that? I can't imagine what path would lead to that driver's seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    How well do they float?

https://youtube.com/c/c90adventures

Very well done continuing series that goes well off the path.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Portal axles. So hot right now.
    I'm gonna bump up my tires to 33s and lift it an inch. Mucho points yo.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Oh, I am. Emphatically and with extreme prejudice. You literally could not pay me to own or drive one of these things. I don't want those things or the people who drool over them in my life. A person has to have principles.

Sorry, let me rephrase: I don't think anyone except glademaster is saying that the vehicles can't be cool...

I really don’t have anything against glademaster but I’m not sure he thinks anything is cool. In fact, I think he wants to cut off our collective chonson.

Saw this cruising towards a Costco the other day and took a pick for the tgr. Has the local lolo rack with ski attachment, but not enough on the roof to truly bring it up a level

Name:	IMG_2225.JPG 
Views:	246 
Size:	180.8 KB 
ID:	371054

Are you required to be dressed in fatigues to even drive that?

That’s it...it’s time to play G.O.T.O.S.

It doesn’t look like it on the outside (and that was by design) but this thing is a camper. Just built this winter - inspired by the pandemic I think.

What would you say it does look like on the outside? I mean I would be stoked if Best Buy delivered my flat screen with it...

I'm convinced the new "overland" types are former rice kids and stance kids who grew up, got a career, got a mild to moderately granola girlfriend, and wants to look outdoorsy while still being able to throw money at kitschy vehicle bullshit every other week.

It doesn’t look like it on the outside (and that was by design) but this thing is a camper. Just built this winter - inspired by the pandemic I think.

Honestly the super singles give it away as a millennial-camper-mobile. It obviously has a bespoke interior cabin suitable for instagram, and for pandemic wfh from telluride.