Page 43 of 149 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 3703
    Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Solid one from this afternoon

Points for: lift, beefy tires, rock sliders, steel bumpers, winch (out of sight), roof rack, front light bar, multiple side light bars, 4 boxes mounted on roof, bed rack, roof top tent, fuel can, traction boards. Bonus points for parking with wheels up on sidewalk. And what about unnecessary logo stickers on doors? 13+?

Attachment 377545
    Maximum points.

Points for: lift, beefy tires, rock sliders, steel bumpers, winch (out of sight), roof rack, front light bar, multiple side light bars, 4 boxes mounted on roof, bed rack, roof top tent, fuel can, traction boards. Bonus points for parking with wheels up on sidewalk. And what about unnecessary logo stickers on doors? 13+?

Attachment 377545
    Impressive! Everything is soooooo clean. Is there a local car wash that is big enough to fit everything through still strapped on?
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Speaking of nice an clean, time for my first meager contribution.
    There have been no shortage of Sprinters rolling through town. However, so far they have all been pretty boring with usually just a bike rack hanging off the back.
    I went to the grocery store yesterday and saw this Jeep in the parking lot. Not a great pic since as you can see, the driver was still in the jeep. Not a lot of extras bolted on the back.

Things you can see:
    A half point for the painted transfer case cover?
    Big antenna
    snorkel (we get some deep mud holes)

Out of sight:
    Hi-lift mounted to the hood
    fancy grill
    big brush/rock guard with winch
    Several extra individual LED lights and light bars

This rig may get some actual off road use but it looked pretty clean so probably not much use on anything worse than Vermont class 4 roads.

Pretty tame in comparison to some of those "western mountain tamer" rigs you guys have been putting up.

Name:  GOTOS.jpg
Views: 1022
Size:  459.1 KB
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.

Attachment 377545
    Very impressive performance.

Stolen from a Facebook page, spotted in CA.

Name:  Image1624291733.043248.jpg
Views: 1058
Size:  170.1 KBName:  IMG_1472.JPG
Views: 1134
Size:  173.1 KBName:  IMG_1473.JPG
Views: 1032
Size:  128.6 KB

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

That’s it...it’s time to play G.O.T.O.S.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Speaking of nice an clean, time for my first meager contribution.
    There have been no shortage of Sprinters rolling through town. However, so far they have all been pretty boring with usually just a bike rack hanging off the back.
    I went to the grocery store yesterday and saw this Jeep in the parking lot. Not a great pic since as you can see, the driver was still in the jeep. Not a lot of extras bolted on the back.

Things you can see:
    A half point for the painted transfer case cover?
    Big antenna
    snorkel (we get some deep mud holes)

Out of sight:
    Hi-lift mounted to the hood
    fancy grill
    big brush/rock guard with winch
    Several extra individual LED lights and light bars

This rig may get some actual off road use but it looked pretty clean so probably not much use on anything worse than Vermont class 4 roads.

Pretty tame in comparison to some of those "western mountain tamer" rigs you guys have been putting up.

Name:  GOTOS.jpg
Views: 1022
Size:  459.1 KB
    Just a couple nits to pick there oops (on the NEK jeep

It’s a differential cover not the tcase. Never figured out why they were painted except maybe for spotting or service interval indication. Kinda old school.

That antenna is definitely for shortwave and probably a CB radio and CB might be gorp but could be used on a trail ride.

Missed the taillight “guards” and the custom fenders. Oh yeah and tube frame doors (which are pretty cool). Possible custom rock bumper on rear.

Not sure what’s up with the bash guards above the rear fender is that what that is?

I know
    it’s totally gorp-y
    But I like it.

(Sorry lol)

If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

That’s it...it’s time to play G.O.T.O.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Pow4Brains View Post

Dang! I need a smoke! I thought that event was cool.

Got to be a replica right? The gorpage on top is not from the event (probably?) lol but the truck? Didn’t they go diesel? The snorkel doesn’t look right but I dunno….

If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

whats strapped to the front? looks to thin to be a spare.... maybe collapsible bbq grill?

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Just a couple nits to pick there oops (on the NEK jeep

It’s a differential cover not the tcase. Never figured out why they were painted except maybe for spotting or service interval indication. Kinda old school.
    Shit, I know that Pretty sure my coffee hadn't soaked in yet.

Missed the taillight “guards” and the custom fenders. Oh yeah and tube frame doors (which are pretty cool). Possible custom rock bumper on rear.
    I'm not up to speed on what Jeep accessories can be ordered direct from the company. Those mostly all look like aftermarket add ones. However, the fenders look to be stock for a Rubicon.

Not sure what’s up with the bash guards above the rear fender is that what that is?
    My best guess is that it is some sort of tie down bar for the soft top system. After more than a reasonable amount of Googling, I still haven't found that accessory.

Edit: Found it! https://www.morris4x4center.com/body...a-tj-4322.html
    Seems very unnecessary given that the fender flares would have been ripped off long before that "body armor" gets to do its job.

Any Truckee and Tahoe Mags, and foothills too I guess, have film in your cameras as this coming week and weekend is the TLCA Toyota Landcruiser association Rubithon event on the rubicon.

All kinds of blinged out and beatered cruisers will be coming through town.
    Most are starting at the west end at loon lake and coming out next weekend on the west shore.

Some seriously impressive purpose built rock crawling rigs and some gotos pousers being spotted through the entire ride as not to scratch their shiny paint.
    Collecting points will be like shooting fish in a barrel.

Attachment 377545
    Does it matter that it's lifted and comes with beefy tires from the factory?

Should there be some sort of point bonus for the exterior accessories using more than half the factory payload? Because if that Raptor has a plate bumper and rich l winch up front, the total accessory weight has to be significant.

(I'm not a Raptor expert, can't tell if it's been lifted more than factory or not)

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    The snorkel doesn’t look right but I dunno….
    At least on most Disco 1s the snorkel is on the lh side, contrary to the usual positioning on the rh side like in most of the Defender versions (some 200 TDI series &MIL has it on the RH side). Although, seen gazillion different versions so your mileage might vary...
    That particular seems to be the classical round "turbine" model, shaped differently from the scoop.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    Does it matter that it's lifted and comes with beefy tires from the factory?

Should there be some sort of point bonus for the exterior accessories using more than half the factory payload? Because if that Raptor has a plate bumper and rich l winch up front, the total accessory weight has to be significant.

(I'm not a Raptor expert, can't tell if it's been lifted more than factory or not)

No clue if that's a factory lift and tires or not. Most of the raptors I see have smaller wheels, and these ones extend past the fenders which I didn't think was even legal. Could be some special edition though. Either way, if you have mods for offroading or overlanding but your truck is squeaky clean and parked in the city those should count for points IMO

A double whammy parked outside a nail salon in urban NJ…

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2704.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	377629
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

No clue if that's a factory lift and tires or not. Most of the raptors I see have smaller wheels, and these ones extend past the fenders which I didn't think was even legal. Could be some special edition though. Either way, if you have mods for offroading or overlanding but your truck is squeaky clean and parked in the city those should count for points IMO
    I'm 99% sure the factory tires wouldn't protrude beyond the fenders, particularly given that it's got oversized fenders to begin with.

Fair point on not being in its natural habitat.

For when you wanna GOTOS but can't afford the fancy gas cans....
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Name:  IMG_1472.JPG
Size:  173.1 KB
    The Beverly Hillbillies Go Overlanding

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    The Beverly Hillbillies Go Overlanding
    But they’re headed to Pangea. So it’s all good
    . . .

Name:	Image1624331120.442427.jpg 
Views:	428 
Size:	220.8 KB 
ID:	377643

I don’t know if this goes here or the RV thread: what is this thing, and why is it parked on a quiet street in palo alto?

Quote Originally Posted by spanghew View Post

I don’t know if this goes here or the RV thread: what is this thing, and why is it parked on a quiet street in palo alto?

sorta resembles a newer bearcat.
    swing your fucking sword.

Isn't that just a Jeep?

Terradyne Gurkha. About $300k. Windows are stronger than the Cyber Truck's.

At first glance that looks to be a legit Series I from Camel Trophy era. But it's not, it's one hell of a replica, down to the wheels, some decals and their placement, and snorkel placement, though not type.

A few tip offs are the painted sliders to match (they were black that vintage,) perfect mud flaps, modern snorkel, modern land rover decal on rear quarter panels as opposed to the one-dimensional, darker green oval used from that genre, painted body moulding on the doors (this was not applied on the 200tdi's that were used for the Camel Trophy back in 1992-1995, the vintage this rig is copying), exposed tow rope (true overlanders know to keep their tow ropes properly coiled and stored and not exposed to things like SUN), extraneous Camel Trophy decals and other shit on the roof rack to prove a point to those who don't know any better, and zero battle wounds.

Also, the earliest you could buy a disco in the US was 94/95. . The original 200tdi used for Camel Trophy was not even legal to import until most recently.

In any case, roverlanding has been a thing for decades, so this doesn't count IMO. Sweet disco though!

Gotos zombie Apokalypse Edition! Comes with flame thrower.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Gotos zombie Apokalypse Edition! Comes with flame thrower.
    No snorkel = -100 points