Page 38 of 149 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
    So, are all of these things strapped down on the exterior locked somehow? I would think if one of those vehicles came through Portland it would be stripped clean by morning.

Quote Originally Posted by alembical View Post
    So, are all of these things strapped down on the exterior locked somehow? I would think if one of those vehicles came through Portland it would be stripped clean by morning.
    Right? Or any other big city worthy of the designator.

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    Attachment 376787

9 points
    - D-handle, wood shaft shovel (2)
    - Hi-Lift
    - awning
    - roof box (maybe something in it)
    - ladder
    - garbage bag
    - bike rack
    - metal box

- there is a spot for a gas can, by the ladder, but it wasn’t there. De-gotos’d.
    I like the $190 Kryptonite chain that's looped through the handle of a $15 shovel. The apparently small solar panel attached to the Packasport is an interesting choice. Seems like there would be plenty of more protected real estate elsewhere on the roof. To Montucky's point - how much shit really needs to go on the outside/top with such a big vehicle?

And the sticker game is telling - POW+Winter is Coming, generic trout and likely-misappropriated old Buffalo Bills decal? This guy plays hard.

It might be a reminder to lock the bike when it's on that rack. If it's right there you can't forget easily.

That’s it...it’s time to play G.O.T.O.S.

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Its Tap's game and Tap's rules so I concede to his ruling. My find is so unique it may just have to be a foot note. My wife was pretty embarrassed as I hauled ass across the parking lot (drift boat in tow) to get photos of the white whale.
    I still love that you rallied and embarrassed the wife.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    And the sticker game is telling - POW+Winter is Coming, generic trout and likely-misappropriated old Buffalo Bills decal? This guy plays hard.
    Haha, yup. "Hey, I know! Let's 'Protect Our Winters' by directly knocking off like 10 mpg off our hudge van by relieving it of whatever aerodynamics it had left and toting around an extra 10K lbs of overland equipment all the time in case we have to make that arduous trek to the Whole Foods!" Great logic there, genius Sprinter driver.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Haha, yup. "Hey, I know! Let's 'Protect Our Winters' by directly knocking off like 10 mpg off our hudge van by relieving it of whatever aerodynamics it had left and toting around an extra 10K lbs of overland equipment all the time in case we have to make that arduous trek to the Whole Foods!" Great logic there, genius Sprinter driver.
    Careful, you’ll upset the fan bois

saw a POW sticker on an track hoe yesterday at work wanna take a photo but I don't post personal photos on line

does that help cut back on the blue diesel smoke coming out of the exhaust on a cold morning?

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    It might be a reminder to lock the bike when it's on that rack. If it's right there you can't forget easily.
    Clearly.

But homey has a $3,000 bike rack setup ( https://www.sprinterstore.com/produc...oor-bike-rack/ ) and I guarantee you he'll never forget to lock up the Yeti/Pivot/Ibis/S-Works he hoists up there.

Spotted today, I think it’s around 16pts

Attachment 374528

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I spied the this 16pt gem again and got a front view.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1623353286.054349.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	416.0 KB 
ID:	376835

Apparently it’s a rental that some locals have as a business to honeypot the GOTOS wannabe crowd for $500/day. https://www.aspenjeeps.com

I’m guessing they’re making pretty good money with the shitload of people coming here. Bravo!

you been to whole foods lately? It can get dangerous...

$500 a day to rent a jeep?

Fack
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    $500 a day to rent a jeep?

Fack
    Still cheaper than renting a Honda Fit in Montana these days.

Still cheaper than renting a Honda Fit in Montana these days.
    Dadumching!

Apparently it’s a rental that some locals have as a business to honeypot the GOTOS wannabe crowd for $500/day. https://www.aspenjeeps.com

I’m guessing they’re making pretty good money with the shitload of people coming here. Bravo!
    Sorry I’m not getting more than eight-nine points.
    Big ass front bumper
    Winch
    Light bar on bumper
    Big ass tires
    RTT
    water and gas cans
    Top rack

What else?

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Sorry I’m not getting more than eight-nine points.
    What else?
    Some of the stuff is hard to see, but below is what I spied back in May. There's a full size spare mounted up underneath the RTT on the rack/exoskeleton surrounding the truck bed. I think it's actually 14 w/ the 3pt wooden shovel, but the full body rhino liner paint job should count for something.

- Shovel (old-school wooden shaft +3 points)
    - Square flat water jugs
    - Fuel can
    - Traction plates
    - Winch
    - Add-on lights
    - Vehicle mounted tent
    - Fire wood
    - Custom bumper
    - Solar panels
    - Wheel jack
    - Black rims
    - Obvious lift kit+chunky tires

OK thanks for clarifying
    we may have a new leader
    Glad someone else thinks a firewood stash is worth points

OMFG that website just reeks of entitled douchery

I wonder if they charge extra to find/tow the gapers that get stuck or roll over.

Some of the stuff is hard to see, but below is what I spied back in May. There's a full size spare mounted up underneath the RTT on the rack/exoskeleton surrounding the truck bed. I think it's actually 14 w/ the 3pt wooden shovel, but the full body rhino liner paint job should count for something.

- Shovel (old-school wooden shaft +3 points)
    - Square flat water jugs
    - Fuel can
    - Traction plates
    - Winch
    - Add-on lights
    - Vehicle mounted tent
    - Fire wood
    - Custom bumper
    - Solar panels
    - Wheel jack
    - Black rims
    - Obvious lift kit+chunky tires
    I think i would award another .5 point for the writing/graphics on top of windshield with another .5 possible if its about something to do with the rack

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Seen just now in Swan Valley, hopefully bonus points for the personalized plates.

Attachment 376766

Attachment 376767

What is the black, upside-down wine bottle looking thing? Suspiciously looks like a mini version of the larger 5G antennae popping up all over the place.

“The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    What is the black, upside-down wine bottle looking thing? Suspiciously looks like a mini version of the larger 5G antennae popping up all over the place.

Go back and find the orange Covid response team jeep that BBear found a few pages ago. Some kind of cell phone signal thingie IIRC

If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Any rim size over 17", *maybe* 18", on a supposed trail rig, wrapped with an aggressive M/T or A/T tire is a negative multiplier per inch.
    How's that 6" sidewall workin? Air it down often?

Name:  aspen jeep.PNG
Views: 617
Size:  38.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    OMFG that website just reeks of entitled douchery

I wonder if they charge extra to find/tow the gapers that get stuck or roll over.
    No doubt it's very on the nose, but I will say - this a business started by [seemingly normal] locals. At the end of the day, I don't see their advantage-taking as any different than my guide buddy charging $200/person for a 1.5hr "guided hike" on the nature trails in town. Or the skiing company charging you $1200/day for a private lesson+lift ticket+rental for sliding on groomers.

Rich rubes will pay for whatever looks good in a photo and it's up to the rest of us to be the first to profiteer.

I have no problem with locals profiteering off of clueless rich tourons.
    And their website has done a good job of marketing to these people. Reminds me of the vibe Talisker was trying to evoke in Park City

I loved the descriptions of the routes people could take in their hi-luxe Jeeps. Sounds like terrain I take my Outback regularly.