Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Vibes man. Hope they get it out fast. Be safe and smart

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3528.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	389.4 KB 
ID:	384573

Heading to Foresthill. Word is the whole plateau is being evacuated on the dirt / OHV roads that go down the canyon and back up. Luckily there is not much wind.

That’s a bad place. Bout the same as the colfax fire? Hope they get a handle on it quick. That could run to the mountains
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

For Neufox’s fire

https://m.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/36075

Yikes…Listening and looking at google earth, I think if I were in bowman or clipper gap I’d be getting my shit together and heading out for a couple days.

Sorry Neuf…hope your situation holds good there.

Looking around at the news and the map, they said the community of foresthill isn't threatened at this time. But am I correct to see only two roads out of that area, both crossing the north fork American river?

More like one road out of there. There is a ohv road that crosses the north fork, 20 miles of dirt road that goes up and down 1,000 vertical. I can’t imagine evacuating on that road. The only good news is that it doesn’t require a 4x4 I’ve done it in my CRV as long as you watch for boulders. If you have a true off road vehicle I “think” you could come out somewhere by Lake Tahoe. That’s more like 80-100? Miles of true off-roaring though. Maybe the gorp laden bro dozers will have the last laugh after all.

The fire looks like it has been knocked down considerably. No big smoke columns at dusk. They really got a shit ton of resources on this thing quickly. Props to Cal-Fire again. Those guys should never have to buy a beer again.

They opened the Foresthill bridge to let people get out this evening. The people on lake clementine were ordered to shelter in place! That would be a crazy if the fire had went up the canyon. Lake clementine is only a few hundred feet across at its widest.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Wow, those pics are too close for comfort neufox... we used to live on Olive Orchard dr on the canyon wall there. Glad they might be getting a handle on it. stay safe.

Question for you fire pros, what would look like a mortar firing, but is a natural occurrence? Pine cones “exploding”? We can see flaming objects shooting up and then exploding in fire when they hit the ground. Looks remarkably like a fire works mortar.

Some photos through the telescope

Name:	IMG_3531.JPG 
Views:	126 
Size:	146.6 KB 
ID:	384594

Name:	IMG_3534.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	122.4 KB 
ID:	384595

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Question for you fire pros, what would look like a mortar firing, but is a natural occurrence? Pine cones “exploding”? We can see flaming objects shooting up and then exploding in fire when they hit the ground. Looks remarkably like a fire works mortar.

Some photos through the telescope

Name:	IMG_3531.JPG 
Views:	126 
Size:	146.6 KB 
ID:	384594

Name:	IMG_3534.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	122.4 KB 
ID:	384595

Are you sure it’s not a firing operation utilizing a veri pistol?

https://www.firequick.com/page/products/category/2

Basically launches a firework from a pistol. Allows the firing crew to fire into unburned pockets or deepen the fire line burnout without crew members physically walking there with a drip torch.

Wildfire 2021

I think that’s what it is. We were just having that debate. From the size I think it’s the launcher not the pistol. Thanks.

Went to the coast for the day. We could see the red glow on hwy 49 in auburn. Read they’re doing a firing operation today. The smoke on the drive tonight was really bad in Newcastle on I-80. I hope it’s not too bad at your place, neufox.

Air is remarkably good here. Air quality in the 80s. We’ve had a front row, yet detached, view of it all day.

The report this morning did not sound good. Over 250 acres as of last night
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    “Shart freeway”

Name:  FAB2CB81-9D7E-42B5-9A10-1DAF02624DDB.jpeg
Views: 475
Size:  118.9 KB
    This thread needed comic relief.

Unlike a fart which is highly flammable (ask any teenage boy or college man) sharts are not.
    So you got that going for ya
    . . .

Seems like the Caldor Fire IMTs (two IMTs as far as I know) and resources did a pretty amazing job keeping the fire out of Meyers and South Lake Tahoe.

How is the bridge fire doing this morning?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Seems like the Caldor Fire IMTs (two IMTs as far as I know) and resources did a pretty amazing job keeping the fire out of Meyers and South Lake Tahoe.
    That’s my impression…from a distance. Good on them.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    How is the bridge fire doing this morning?
    I have not seen anything yet
    Yesterday it appeared they were hitting it hard with air support and referring to the ground work as. Securing lines and clean up

On a lighter note 20 small fires were found near the American river. “Arson again “. Cali has a bunch of really fucked up people
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Bridge fire appears all but out. We saw no significant smoke plumes all day yesterday. The backfires and bulldozer lines appear to have contained it. This was yesterday am.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	65263545940__13AE4717-7524-4AED-9F03-314B01BD332F.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	194.8 KB 
ID:	384716

It's available here...

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/bring-your-own-brigade

( Web site doesn't like ad blockers )

Also available via CBS News app on ROKU. Plays much better for me there.
    Last edited by fomofo; 09-07-2021 at 01:11 PM.

^Fuck, that Koala scene is tough to watch. We are truly a shitty species of destroyers.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    ^Fuck, that Koala scene is tough to watch. We are truly a shitty species of destroyers.
    Fire happens, always has, always will, and often the starting has nothing to do with humans, although hard to argue we're not contributing to the severity and scale of the resulting conflagrations. Regardless, I'm with ya. I wouldn't wish that kind of misery on any living creature.

I'm about 2/3 through the documentary. The first third gets deeply into the reality of what happens when things go bad fast, and should be required viewing for those who want to second guess warnings and evacuation orders. The second third gets into why some of this stuff is happening, and our new online friend Zeke Lunder is all up in that. And the third makes an attempt to get our minds around what we can actually do to mitigate some of these fire problems.

Many folks with different perspectives on the whole mess. A worthwhile watch, IMHO.

Doing the annual fall TGR check-in.

Bummer that a lot of my favorite fall MTB trails just went up in smoke, but, these things could've been so much worse. Here's hoping we don't have to evacuate this fall, my folks don't have to evacuate for the second time, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I have not seen anything yet
    Yesterday it appeared they were hitting it hard with air support and referring to the ground work as. Securing lines and clean up

On a lighter note 20 small fires were found near the American river. “Arson again “. Cali has a bunch of really fucked up people
    CA has a bunch of people, there’s fucked up people everywhere