Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Wildfire 2021

Took this pic of the Robertson Fire as I drove on I-90 near Big Timber. (so like 50 miles away ??)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1623948489.512972.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	918.0 KB 
ID:	377323

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post

I’m just saying I got told a couple of times “we’re not putting a white male in that job”….told informally, behind the scenes…and after a really bad season I just said fuck it. Most of my buddies did too.

I’m so stupid for even bringing it up. The people who get it already get it, everyone else thinks I’m archie bunker, at best.
    I definitely heard those same words.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Took this pic of the Robertson Fire as I drove on I-90 near Big Timber. (so like 50 miles away ??)

Name:	Image1623948489.512972.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	918.0 KB 
ID:	377323

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I have a WFT comment quote for that:

“ You let me use a D10 Dozer with enclosed cab and I’d put a fireline around that in a heart-beat…”

It is pretty crazy that there are only 4 crews and 17 engines on a 20,000 acre timber fire.

Edit- looks like only maybe 8k acres is timber, the rest is grass. But still...

I’m so stupid for even bringing it up. The people who get it already get it, everyone else thinks I’m archie bunker, at best.

This is just bits during downtime at work, but as I’m driving I sit here thinking of so many women and minorities I loved working with, and for (!).
    Maybe I’ll try to do a few stories.
    It wasn’t you being stupid. You’re not, by a long shot. The stupid was brought by a woke cube-monkey city boy that was so eager to virtue-signal that he either overlooked or ignored or couldn’t comprehend what you actually wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    It is pretty crazy that there are only 4 crews and 17 engines on a 20,000 acre timber fire.

Posting to follow the excellent conversation among the x firefighters here, but I will add that the campground we stayed at off 212 (Greenough and the trail all the way up to MK on Rock Creek Road) have obviously had some fire go through somewhat recently burning up a lot of the fuel. Still a lot of charred wood everywhere. So hopefully even if it sparks up over there the campground areas will be relatively protected.

Inciweb shows 200 personnel. Northern Rockies is kinda notorious for sticking with their folks and only pulling from out of region when they absolutely have to.

Cooperators are as busy as they want to be. It’s absurd how much they’re getting paid compared to their federal counterparts. I selfishly can’t complain, but as a tax payer it’s always irked me.

Anybody know what Grayback is paying?

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Inciweb shows 200 personnel. Northern Rockies is kinda notorious for sticking with their folks and only pulling from out of region when they absolutely have to.

Cooperators are as busy as they want to be. It’s absurd how much they’re getting paid compared to their federal counterparts. I selfishly can’t complain, but as a tax payer it’s always irked me.
    Seems like being a cooperator is totally the way to go.

Looks like R1 has most of their IHC and T2IA crews out of region at the moment, which maybe explains the lack of resources on Robertson Draw-

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 1.22.44 PM.png 
Views:	95 
Size:	223.2 KB 
ID:	377339

Looks like Bitterroot IHC will be the first IHC on Robertson Draw as of today.

Is that better or worse than the 9 personnel on the Crooked Creek fire that's currently at 5,100 acres?

I don't know much, but the optimism in the public info meeting webcast last night on Robertson Draw has me hopeful that it will remain manageable from here on out. It sounds like the biggest concern—although currently low-probability, between topography and the Hole in the Wall burn—was the possibility that it could jump over a drainage into Main Fork, where there's a lot more timber available as well as a contiguous fuel run pretty damn close to town.

It seems like resources are already a little stretched, which strike me as a bad sign for June.

Anybody know what Grayback is paying?
    According to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg4tRCifOuE
    Entry level rate is $17.50 for the Merlin OR location

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    According to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg4tRCifOuE
    Entry level rate is $17.50 for the Merlin OR location
    Beats gs-3, but probably about the same all things considered…career potential, developing quals, etc

...wow.
    Eat shit and drop dead to both of you. And I would relish the chance to say that to you both while I shake your hands and make eye contact with a smile on my face at a maggot gathering.

My commute doesn't put me anywhere near a mountain town, and I have no qualms about the fact that my parents helped me with a down payment on a house. I've been up-front about that from the moment I started discussing buying property on here, and I would bet that it would be eye-opening if everyone here was as honest as me. I would turn myself inside out to provide my children with the same opportunities, if I hadn't been born into a world that was already irreparably ruined and not a place in which any sane person would bring new life.

That being said, I wouldn't dig for either of you even if I had pings from your beacons. And I'm fast on the search and with a shovel.

Moderator note: this post has resulted in a suspension
    Last edited by Mod Team; 06-18-2021 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Eat shit and drop dead to both of you. And I would relish the chance to say that to you both while I shake your hands and make eye contact with a smile on my face at a maggot gathering.

My commute doesn't put me anywhere near a mountain town, and I have no qualms about the fact that my parents helped me with a down payment on a house. I've been up-front about that from the moment I started discussing buying property on here, and I would bet that it would be eye-opening if everyone here was as honest as me.

That being said, I wouldn't dig for either of you even if I had pings from your beacons. And I'm fast on the search and with a shovel.
    Jesus fucking Christ dude, what the fuck is your problem?

Dude. Even in jest this one isn't OK, the 20/21 season and the toll it took isn't far behind us... Poor taste, kick yourself in the dick or wait for a mag gathering to collect your dick punch. With a straight gaze and smile on your face I'd hope.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Well I guess I know who I’ll never ski with. Anyone who reads this would be crazy to ever share a skintrack with you.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...t/art-20045434

Over the line, Glade. Reel it back.

take a lap glade

glad you showed your true colors, anyone would be an idiot to ski with you after saying shit like that.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    Is that better or worse than the 9 personnel on the Crooked Creek fire that's currently at 5,100 acres?

I don't know much, but the optimism in the public info meeting webcast last night on Robertson Draw has me hopeful that it will remain manageable from here on out. It sounds like the biggest concern—although currently low-probability, between topography and the Hole in the Wall burn—was the possibility that it could jump over a drainage into Main Fork, where there's a lot more timber available as well as a contiguous fuel run pretty damn close to town.

It seems like resources are already a little stretched, which strike me as a bad sign for June.
    Looks like to the E and N it is bordered by grass that is backstopped by a road and the Clarks Fork of the Yellowstone.

Uglymoney- yep, there is a lot of fire history/previous burns to the SW that could help curb spread.

Name:	Screenshot_20210618-003012.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	682.7 KB 
ID:	377378

Glade has to be the most miserable cunt on this board. A true misanthrope not even worthy of being social with all of us here on an internet forum, let alone irl. Maybe it's just time to gtfo..

Looks like to the E and N it is bordered by grass that is backstopped by a road and the Clarks Fork of the Yellowstone.

Uglymoney- yep, there is a lot of fire history/previous burns to the SW that could help curb spread.

Name:	Screenshot_20210618-003012.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	682.7 KB 
ID:	377378
    To the north, there's the town of Bear Creek to complicate matters, but they seem to think it's not in imminent danger (evacuation order lifted, but I believe an evacuation warning remains in place). Not a lot of timber in the immediate vicinity of the town, though.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Most of the time Glade I'm on your side, even if I disagree, but man that last comment? Poor form

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Glade, you need to get some help, or not take this PR shit so seriously. You're too angry all the time. It's not good, man.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Glademaster will be out for a week, if not more.
    We’ve all had enough.
    Beneficent Oversight Committee Member.