Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Has anyone ever tried cutting a cushcore and shortenong for 27.5 ? Drill a couple holes and attach the ends with a ziptie like vittoria air liners

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

FWIW, I had a tire where I created the wobble trying to force the tire onto the wheel. It must have broken a cord or something. Could feel it over 20mph, but it distracted the guys riding behind me more than it did me

Also worth noting that Maxxis replaced the tire (since it was new), but that was a painful process (video, pictures, receipt, etc).

If we only get 3-4" of snow Devil's Castle and Mandelbrot will be $$$$ on the fatties, can only do that first 1-2 snows of the year, then they are done. Snake Pit is also a riot when you are pedaling on ice and snow, risking a fast ride into the creek LOL

I dunno if it's a bad batch or just an inherent problem with the Tannus design, but I just pulled mine out, remounted the same tire, and the wobble is gone. (Still very small amount, but just 1mm or so from Maxxis or my wheel being a bit untrue.) With the Tannus in, the wobble was bad enough that spinning up the wheel made my whole bike stand wobble enough that I thought it was going to tip over. Either way, this thing is going up on PB, and I'll just use a CC XC instead.

I've got a DD DHR with a casing warp, so I know what that looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Interesting results for sure. Rollers probably offer the best chance of repeatable, error free data.

I'd speculate that the results are largely due to the volume reduction in the tire, so a larger insert would essentially replicate higher tire pressure. But higher tire pressure would potentially be less efficient over rough ground, so I wonder if the results would hold on a rooty climb. But certainly harder to produce accurate results in that scenario.
    Next step to get more accurate results?
    Note - not a real product just a joke apparently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    I take it out of the packaging for a couple days before installing for this reason. I suppose even using a hair dryer may work the creases out.
    I ALWAYS stretch Tannus onto a rim for a few hours minimum before trying to install.

N/M, got a local guy who wants it.
    Last edited by Andeh; 10-08-2021 at 11:51 AM.

https://www.cxmagazine.com/diy-tubel...UWAk6YU2IOt8z4

DIY tire inserts ^^

edit : I should say I am just posting this up cuz i seen it on my FB feed but I have no skin in the game
    Last edited by XXX-er; 07-31-2022 at 12:41 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I was floating around in the lake today with a pool noodle thinking I was going to try making my own for the back wheel on my e hardtail.

I got some summer rims built and mounted up some 27.5x2.8 CST Patrol tires. I went home despot and picked up some closed cell pipe insulation. Three lengths will do 2 29ers (<$4/ea). The insulation has sticky on the seam so I measured then cut opposing offsets and stuck em together. No need to zip tie any ends together. 3 rides, so far I'm pretty sure they saved my back tire/rim 3 or 4 times.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    I got some summer rims built and mounted up some 27.5x2.8 CST Patrol tires. I went home despot and picked up some closed cell pipe insulation. Three lengths will do 2 29ers (<$4/ea). The insulation has sticky on the seam so I measured then cut opposing offsets and stuck em together. No need to zip tie any ends together. 3 rides, so far I'm pretty sure they saved my back tire/rim 3 or 4 times.
    You will know when you remove it.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident