android question-removing News Home

Recently I have been getting a screen pop up asking me to choose between News Home or One U Home as my home screen. I want just my normal screen with apps to appear and have been ignoring it. Now it takes me to the News Home start page and I want to get rid of it. I tried going to the page for the app, but the option to uninstall is greyed out. I tried rebooting the phone to no avail. I have not gotten any updates in a while, so not sure why this is coming up all of a sudden. Any suggestions?

Yeah. Had something similar recently that fooled me into choosing Google Now home screen and messed my screens up too.

Go to settings / apps and choose default apps from the drop down and change your home screen option

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    Yeah. Had something similar recently that fooled me into choosing Google Now home screen and messed my screens up too.

Go to settings / apps and choose default apps from the drop down and change your home screen option
    Thanks, but when i do that i have to select between News Home and One U home.

Have you tried selecting the other one that is not currently selected - probably is the one you we're using previously and customized. For me that was One UI , i.e. Samsungs home launcher