Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sarah Lewis: Is she up to the task of POTFIS?

Historically, the FIS governing body is an all male affair. OK, so she is a 1988 Olympic skier....for the UK. Really, until today, I have never heard of her.
    Where is Alberto Tomba when you need him

https://www.sarah-lewis.com
    Last edited by schindlerpiste; 04-07-2021 at 09:08 AM.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

The fact the first comment is in regards to her being female; it kind of makes the post come across as sexist.

Unless that was the point?

First female, so what?

Fuck off with this sexist garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by kalisto View Post
    The fact the first comment is in regards to her being female; it kind of makes the post come across as sexist.

Unless that was the point?

First female, so what?
    That’s what I say but the Yahoo news article seemed to emphasize that not only would she be the first woman to head up the FIS in it’s 100 year history, But also the first woman in any position of power. They made it more about gender than me.

https://sports.yahoo.com/alpine-skii...214339086.html
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Fuckin FIS, bunch of donkeys.
    Our local clubs race committee could and would do a better job.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by kalisto View Post
    me? or OP?
    OP. Your point is valid. This thread wouldn't exist if it was a male Olympic skier, hence this thread being garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Historically, the FIS governing body is an all male affair. OK, so she is a 1988 Olympic skier....for the UK. Really, until today, I have never heard of her.

She's undoubtedly way more qualified than you are, so I recommend you fix yourself a piping hot mug of shut the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    That's the crux. Along with other international sports organizations. Corrupt as shit donkeys. And, all male. So, what exactly is the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    OP. Your point is valid. This thread wouldn't exist if it was a male Olympic skier, hence this thread being garbage.
    I call bullshit. A thread with certainly Should exist when a new president of the FIS is appointed. The news is about the FIS, not gender

Glade master once a douche nozzle always a douche nozzle. Gets back to my post in the “classes” thread. You have none.

I simply stated a fact [surely you wouldn't argue that YOU are more qualified than her, right?], and then offered a suggestion.

I would be flattered that I bother you so much, if I gave a shit about your opinion of me.

So how do her qualifications compare to previous POTFIS? And also, why is this important to us? We cheer racers on here but we are freeskiers.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Out on the course, some of those women are running circles around a lot of the men. Why TF not.

I really don’t keep up on all the names, so I don’t know her credentials per se.

Seems relevant .....
    She was fired 6 months ago from what I believe to be head administrative role at FIS, a role she apparently had for ~20 years and is now running for the job of the guy who ousted her who has been there 23 years.

https://skiracing.com/sarah-lewis-ru...hat-fired-her/
    Last edited by dcpnz; 04-07-2021 at 09:05 PM.

Parse this bit for us.

Quote Originally Posted by mildbill. View Post
    Parse this bit for us.
    He's a washed up has-been dealing with a raging case of genital herpes from his years as a womanizer. So in Schindler's mind, he's the perfect man for the job.

You can read your own words more than once and still call bullshit that it's sexist? lol. Certainly there's a better way you could have framed this that doesn't make you look like a complete pud.

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    Donkeys around the world may take offense at that.

Whatever. I feel sorry for you guys who see [my] comments as sexist. Frankly, I was more surprised by her history (skier for UK) than her gender. Have you even read the Yahoo article? Probably not.

"It was an abrupt exit even in the often ruthless world of running Olympic sports bodies, and for one of its most prominent female officials who was untouched by scandal.
    The FIS statement of only one sentence last October explained the decision was “based on a complete loss of confidence” in Lewis – though that phrase was soon deleted from its website."

"However, FIS has had only male presidents in its 97-year history, and Kasper is just the fourth. The council which fired Lewis currently comprises 18 men and one woman."

If there is any sexism blame it on the FIS (or me, IDC). My Tomba comment was tongue in cheek at best." Maybe, I should have just named Vrenni Schneider. While a great champion, her personality does not compare to La Bomba. But keeping flaming. It's good to know where you stand

The title of your thread is “Sarah Lewis: Is she up to the task of POTFIS?” Your first sentence is, “Historically, the FIS governing body is an all-male affair.”

Never in the OP do you reference a yahoo article.

Do you see how an inference might be drawn that you are commenting on her gender?

Might there be room for reflection or acknowledgment that the presentation has room for improvement? Or at the very least, an unintended implication exists?

We can keep arguing something that in my opinion is banal, or just move on. I don't care. The thread title is valid, and the first sentence in the OP is fact. While the [important] yahoo article was omitted from the OP, it was inserted yesterday at 1:00pm.

I guess that I find it amazing how some posters here are so hell bent on cutting up an informative thread with bad intent when there was none meant.

I merely asked a question (nothing more) on what I consider a relevant and very interesting topic that has yet to be addressed by the minions.

I think that I have adequately asserted my position. Believe it or not that is up to you.

I only waste the time to explain because I enjoy the banter.

I actually think it's important to point out when people make misogynistic, racist, anti-semitic, etc. comments - because the person doesn't see it and thinks it's no big deal. Pointing it out will hopefully bring it to the attention that it's not ok.

I think she'll do just fine. Over here trying not to get cut from all the broken glass.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Come for the poo-slinging, Save a fortune on a plumber.

She seems better qualified as a skier than the current guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Ooof

She’s not that hot so I don’t really trust her judgement.

Her body could be banging though so there may be hope.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    She seems better qualified as a skier than the current guy
    Looks like he has the perfect credentials for being the head of a Swiss based sport governing body.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/23/s...-recruits.html

Why didn't we have a thread about whether he was qualified to be heading the FIS?