Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    We can keep arguing something that in my opinion is banal, or just move on. I don't care. The thread title is valid, and the first sentence in the OP is fact. While the [important] yahoo article was omitted from the OP, it was inserted yesterday at 1:00pm.

I guess that I find it amazing how some posters here are so hell bent on cutting up an informative thread with bad intent when there was none meant.

I merely asked a question (nothing more) on what I consider a relevant and very interesting topic that has yet to be addressed by the minions.

I think that I have adequately asserted my position. Believe it or not that is up to you.

I only waste the time to explain because I enjoy the banter.
    " durrrrrrr.......i'M jUsT aSkInG qUeStIoNs"

This song came to mind while reading Schindler’s posts here

Great find.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

In her opening statement she says "global sport" instead of "sports", so no.

chance that the original post in this thread is sexist af: 150%.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    If nothing else mentioning Tomba tipped the scales over 100%.

This OP feels like the 80's. Good ole days of passive sexism.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    But you shouldn't comment on the implications of the words he used, you should comment on what he meant in his soul.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Well I would like to use this opportunity to go on the record to say the following: 1) I support equal pay for equal work
    2) I oppose affirmative action
    3) I don’t believe that a woman’s place is in the home, especially given the fact that my wife is currently the breadwinner in the family and has been for the past 17 years
    4) in my household I don’t mind the women taking out the garbage.
    Also It is my personal belief that women indoor pain much better than men, and on the whole they are the stronger sex in every way other than physical beef
    On the other hand I still use terms like “pussy” And phrases like “get your vaginas out of the sand”
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Sarah Lewis: Is she up to the task of POTFIS?

We can keep arguing something that in my opinion is banal, or just move on. I don't care. The thread title is valid, and the first sentence in the OP is fact. While the [important] yahoo article was omitted from the OP, it was inserted yesterday at 1:00pm.
    I totally agree that the first sentence of the OP is fact. I can also acknowledge that the title itself is not problematic. I can even appreciate your intentions weren’t malicious.

My comments were to address the frustration you felt that people were being reactionary. Separately and distinctly those sentences were not inherently decisive and I would agree that parsing the title, by itself, might be looking too hard for grievance.

But the craft and structure you used creates context which some reasonable people could infer as sexist.

I think more troubling is the inability to admit any imperfection or own any mistake, however unintentional. Rather, the (perhaps unintentional) implication is doubled down on and causes all actors to retreat to their silos and hurl unproductive comments. This observation goes well beyond this single thread and conversation.

Part of your defense was the reliance on a yahoo article that used similar rhetoric. You state that you linked your source but all I see is a Sarah-Lewis.com site that doesn’t seem to be site you are citing.

Therefore, you seem to think it is the collective’s fault that we don’t know your reference point while none is provided.

I believe you didn’t have malicious intent. I also feel that impact is very often as critical as intention. Just ask any 9-year-old that gets reprimanded for hurting his little sister and protests with, “I didn’t mean to!”

I do think there is a place for vulnerability and to demonstrate growth or accountability by validating feedback that might not reflect our best selves.

Why do you think Tomba would be more qualified for the desk jockey job of making phone calls?

Just come out and say your account was hacked already.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Actually, that was said tongue in cheek. I tend to do that. Like I said before, I could have just as easily substituted the name for Vreni Schneider for Alberto Tomba
    Oh wait, my account was hacked.
    I don’t think that people, especially here, need to justify their posts. Certainly, I am not one to pass judgment
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Actually, that was said tongue in cheek. I tend to do that. Like I said before, I could have just as easily substituted the name for Vreni Schneider for Alberto Tomba.
    Ah, the ole tongue in cheek sexism, got it. But you didn't, you chose renowned womanizer Alberto Tomba and that speaks volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    But you shouldn't comment on the implications of the words he used, you should comment on what he meant in his soul.
    I tried to do that but, for the life of me, I couldn't comprehend how Glademaster knows so much about Alberto Tomba's herpes.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Ah, the ole tongue in cheek sexism, got it. But you didn't, you chose renowned womanizer Alberto Tomba and that speaks volumes.
    That is true. Regarding Tomba, I wouldn't know. Is it because he tried to elicit a date from Katarina Witt? Clearly, when active, he had a very aggressive personality.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    If nothing else mentioning Tomba tipped the scales over 100%.
    his original post before editing started out with "or does she just want it because she is a she?" I cannot for the life of me understand how someone could have misinterpreted his tongue-in-cheek post as sexist.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

This may be true, but the record reflects that that the original post was edited almost immediately and well before any comments were made.
    I do realize how fragile it can be around here.

That's not even casual sexism. That's like, fuck you, first-class, grade-A sexism with a cherry on top. And then to defend it so loudly and say everyone is "fragile"? Bravo OP. This shit's hilarious.

Thank you!

You're welcome? I think you thanking me for making fun of you might have just made this even funnier

ARRRRR, I didn't get that. Hahaha. Funny motherfucker. One of the reasons that I love it around here.

Another reason why so many have left the board

Quote Originally Posted by splitter View Post
    I totally agree that the first sentence of the OP is fact. I can also acknowledge that the title itself is not problematic. I can even appreciate your intentions weren’t malicious.

My comments were to address the frustration you felt that people were being reactionary. Separately and distinctly those sentences were not inherently decisive and I would agree that parsing the title, by itself, might be looking too hard for grievance.

But the craft and structure you used creates context which some reasonable people could infer as sexist.

I think more troubling is the inability to admit any imperfection or own any mistake, however unintentional. Rather, the (perhaps unintentional) implication is doubled down on and causes all actors to retreat to their silos and hurl unproductive comments. This observation goes well beyond this single thread and conversation.

Part of your defense was the reliance on a yahoo article that used similar rhetoric. You state that you linked your source but all I see is a Sarah-Lewis.com site that doesn’t seem to be site you are citing.

Therefore, you seem to think it is the collective’s fault that we don’t know your reference point while none is provided.

I believe you didn’t have malicious intent. I also feel that impact is very often as critical as intention. Just ask any 9-year-old that gets reprimanded for hurting his little sister and protests with, “I didn’t mean to!”

I do think there is a place for vulnerability and to demonstrate growth or accountability by validating feedback that might not reflect our best selves.
    ^^^ one of the more thoughtful and well-reasoned posts I have seen here in a while ( well done, splitter ) - and

I am here to offer support for schlinder - in my experience, he is mostly thoughtful - and
    I think this thread, like more and more threads here, is being derailed by a moral (argument) - at least perceived...

My suggesstion ( -and it is Only a suggestion - ) is that schindler start a new thread that seriously addresses concerns about FIS leadership --

I did not read the yahoo article, nor sarah-lewis' website -
    to me her background merits serious consideration , and clearly she is serious about her candidacy...

to me it seems an incredibly thankless job - but the world is full of thankless jobs and people who want them.

good luck... skiJ