Hydra hub reliability/longevity?

I blew out my second Reynolds TR6 a few days ago in St George. Both failed the same same way with the inner gear ring starting to slip in the hub body. Reynolds' support had been excellent - finding me a rear wheel replacement last year and offering to fix again this year. They gave me two options this year, however - get their updated TR6 (free) which *should* no longer have this issue or pay $350 to get the rim rebuilt with a hydra hub.

After speaking with customer service today I'm leaning towards the updated TR6, but looking at hydra prices online this looks like a pretty good deal. Any input from the collective? Are hydra hubs reliable and dependable in addition to the great engagement? TR6s have 4 degree engagement and other than these issues, I've been very happy with them.

Seth

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Anybody with time on the hydra? Are they holding up? Disintegrating on techy climbs?

I’ve had them since they were launched... zero problems on demo bikes or my personal bikes.

$350 seems like a decent deal for an upgrade with their carbon rims.

I just bought hydra this year only a couple rides so far. Massively better than the about to explode novatec it replaced, noticeably faster engagement than the king on my other bike and similar in sound.
    I have generally had skipping pawls in cheap hubs but never completely killed one. This design should fix the skipping problem with the sequential engagement. Lots of happy folks on other sites and I9 service is supposed to be good. I didn't want another king and this seemed like the next most reliable option with good engagement.

Built a new rear wheel around one about a year ago. Haven't thought about it since. Probably 2K mi on it. Hoping to not think about it for a few more years.

I've got a year on one, no issues, just cleaned and re-lubed it last week. I9 replaced a torch hub that had a cracked ring gear with this hydra. I9 has been great to work with the couple of times I've needed help from them.

I’ve ridden my Hydra’s for around a year and a half. They came with a used bike I bought and they’re laced to some Enduro 305’s. I pulled the apart and slapped some grease on them after I bought the bike. Everything was good and I rode the bike for the next 8 months without issue. I noticed that some excess drag had developed and it turned out that a bearing was going out. So I replaced all the bearings in the hub and it was as good as new.

Thanks. Super helpful.