Help Me Afford Ski Gear! (Buy some fish!)

Hey Friends,

As like 7 of you may know, I bought a small commercial fishing boat two summers ago, and have been working hard to get myself set up so people can buy fish direct from me.

You should tell your friends to buy my fish because:
    -You can be 100% sure the fish I sell are top quality, that I personally caught in a sustainable fishery.
    -You pay me and my super awesome gillnetter owned cannery and not the Trident's of the world. Profits go directly into my skiing budget, not to some faceless corporate executive.
    -You can be 100% sure that I immediately bled and iced the fish (goes a long long way towards great tasting food) if I wouldn't put it on my family's plate it won't go on yours.
    -My fish in competitively priced, sure it might be cheaper at Costco, but I think helping me go on a ski vacation is worth the extra expense

anyway the website is www.chugachfish.com

Many thanks.
    Patrick
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Best of luck for sure man. Next time I'm looking you'll be the first place I visit.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

www.chugachfish.com bookmarked

This looks rad man, best of luck
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Nice, I'll try to buy some for a date.

Good luck with it!

whos is the sassy lass with the sockeye?

https://www.chugachfish.com/shop/p/p...s-pin-bones-in

Nice catch!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    Hey Friends,

As like 7 of you may know, I bought a small commercial fishing boat two summers ago, and have been working hard to get myself set up so people can buy fish direct from me.

You should tell your friends to buy my fish because:
    -You can be 100% sure the fish I sell are top quality, that I personally caught in a sustainable fishery.
    -You pay me and my super awesome gillnetter owned cannery and not the Trident's of the world. Profits go directly into my skiing budget, not to some faceless corporate executive.
    -You can be 100% sure that I immediately bled and iced the fish (goes a long long way towards great tasting food) if I wouldn't put it on my family's plate it won't go on yours.
    -My fish in competitively priced, sure it might be cheaper at Costco, but I think helping me go on a ski vacation is worth the extra expense

anyway the website is www.chugachfish.com

Many thanks.
    Patrick
    That's rad - I'll buy your fish!

Problem is...I'm a lower-48-dummy (what do Alaskans call CONUS'ans?) . . . and I don't know shit about the difference between sockeye fillets, sockeye "portions", or "keta" salmon. Which, uh, tastes good? What do I buy? Suggest adding a description of the flavor/use to each product page. Or something. For us dummy CONUS'ans.

Great website otherwise, especially the fisher-chicks.
    sproing!

yeah i'd also be very interested

i need to eat my freezer down a bit but i agree, an explanation would be super helpful as far as different types of fish, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Problem is...I'm a lower-48-dummy (what do Alaskans call CONUS'ans?) . . . and I don't know shit about the difference between sockeye fillets, sockeye "portions", or "keta" salmon. Which, uh, tastes good? What do I buy? .
    lower 48 = "outsider"
    fillet = a side of a fish
    portion = 8 oz packages of fillet (x4)
    every salmon species has multiple names
    sockeye = red = yummy - a top rated salmon vies with king (Chinook) salmon
    keta = chum = dog salmon = yummy (from saltwater) - they eat well enough (also smoke up well) - often bypassed in ak as there is greater access to sockeye and kings

other salmon species
    coho salmon = silver - fun fighting fish, nice size and fillet
    pink salmon = humpy - ubiquitous - bright ones eat fine - otherwise they go to a plant and put in cans

buy as much as you can.
    good luck with the direct to consumer selling monkey man!

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    from a guy who's been around here for a little while, really cool to see you starting your own fishery biz, AKPM. best of luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    That's rad - I'll buy your fish!

Problem is...I'm a lower-48-dummy (what do Alaskans call CONUS'ans?) . . . and I don't know shit about the difference between sockeye fillets, sockeye "portions", or "keta" salmon. Which, uh, tastes good? What do I buy? Suggest adding a description of the flavor/use to each product page. Or something. For us dummy CONUS'ans.

Great website otherwise, especially the fisher-chicks.
    Thanks for the feedback! What wendigo said is on the money.

Honestly I don't really eat fish except sockeye over a fire on a beach soo... I'm not the best describer of taste, other than you should definitely NOT eat salmon on a beach over a fire immediately after plucking it from the ocean because you will never buy fish from me again.

Order placed, good luck Patrick

Order placed for a bunch of prawns. Glad to support another mag owned business.
    "College sailing isn't about who wins the most races, its about who can stand in the morning"

How will the fish be shipped? Overnight? My sole (Ha, get it?) concern is that no matter how expeditious I try to arrange a shipment to my little corner of the CONUS (and pay extra for), it always arrives a day or two after the promised delivery date.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Ooh this looks great. Thanks for posting - will have a look and order up! Love me some salmon.

Get 12 pics of those fishing gals and you'll have one hell of a calendar to sell too.

Another dumb outsider question - bought some prawns, what do I do with them? Pretty sure I'll eat the white part on the inside and not the crunchy shell but otherwise I'm clueless.

Thaw in cold water like frozen shrimp from the supermarket? Cook and eat like little lobsters or big crawfish?

Big picture though hope this works out and look forward to future purchases. Website makes clear your life is better than my vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by ts01 View Post
    Another dumb outsider question - bought some prawns, what do I do with them? Pretty sure I'll eat the white part on the inside and not the crunchy shell but otherwise I'm clueless.

Thaw in cold water like frozen shrimp from the supermarket? Cook and eat like little lobsters or big crawfish?

Big picture though hope this works out and look forward to future purchases. Website makes clear your life is better than my vacation.
    Suck that head.

Pinch that tail.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/01/d...sultPosition=1

Save the shells and heads and then deep fry them

my favorite is to cook them on a bbq in shell then peel and eat. It's pretty hard to mess them up! Boil them, fry them, shell them and chop them up.

Rinella eats a lot of spot prawns on meat eater

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    How will the fish be shipped? Overnight? My sole (Ha, get it?) concern is that no matter how expeditious I try to arrange a shipment to my little corner of the CONUS (and pay extra for), it always arrives a day or two after the promised delivery date.
    Fed Ex overnight most likely. Each customer can work with me though to figure out the best option for them. Ideally I'll be able to gold streak a bunch on AK Air cargo.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    if it doesn't work out with AKPM just give a change for a nickel shout out to the guy in the vintage patagonia jacket, grey DPS. I usually bring a couple hundred pounds to South Fork to give away. Pagosa is tough. Gold Streak will get to Denver but Denver cannot hold they have no freezer capability.
    Good luck AKPM.
    off your knees Louie

bump...

Ordered some red salmon filets and they're fantastic. Shipped and arrived in WI next day. Everyone should buy fish from Patrick

bumping...

We had fillets again tonight, they were delicious!

Git Some!