Friend looking for boot fitter in Portland or

Friend needs new boots in Portland, who is the go to for picking a boot and fitting?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Evo does a pretty decent job. If your friend is buying boots, they can order whatever they think theyre interested in advance and bring them in for fitting. Return what doesn’t work in store. Saves the “we don’t have that in your size” problem. John is who I prefer to work with there. Definitely stronger on the resort boots than touring boots.

I think Greg is considered the primo boot fitter in the area: https://www.bootsandmore.ski. If your friend already has boots, Greg is probably the person to go with. I don’t think he does boot sales.

Mountain shop does a decent job for AT boots, but they’re kind of snooty, have limited stock, but act annoyed if you bring in boots that you didn’t buy from them.

Never been to Hillcrest, but they have a good reputation.

Next Adventure is hit or miss, but mostly miss in my experience.

I was in PDX for Thanksgiving a few years ago and swung by Greg's house/garage to punch out the bunion area of both boots. Punches stayed put and he even gave me a coffee.

if you need boots go to evo, but just like the others have said if you just need a boot fit go and see Gregg.

Greg works at Dougs in Hood River.
    Training for Alpental

I’ve had a few sessions with Greg at his place. Great boot fitting and conversation.

To expound on the local.

I have had good experiences at both Evo, and Hillcrest. Hillcrest even put me in a Tecnica Mach1, and instead of selling me a full priced boot, they had a brand new rep pair in their ski swap section that had been unmolded, and unskied for about 300 bucks less. The only thing I didn't get was a big cardboard box. So props to them on that front.

Next Adventure is meh.

US Outdoor I never had a good experience at, and due to their recent financial issues, and moving it is a shell of what it was.

Greg will always be my guy for mounts, boot work, tunes, etc. I'm not sure what the stock is like at the shop he works at, but for third party work no one beats him. That's why Olympic skiers, and pro's go to him.
    Training for Alpental

Thanks all

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Where full grown men pretend to be cowboys
    Quote Originally Posted by Samski360 View Post

I think Greg is considered the primo boot fitter in the area: https://www.bootsandmore.ski. If your friend already has boots, Greg is probably the person to go with. I don’t think he does boot sales.

Greg also works at Doug's in Hood River.

Ian and Sam are also great dudes who work there and know their stuff. Doug's has a great boot wall, but I have no idea what their inventory situation looks like at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeAl View Post
    Doug's has a great boot wall, but I have no idea what their inventory situation looks like at the moment.
    They are also an evo affiliate, so you can order out of evo's inventory and have it sent there no charge.