Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 38 of 38
  1. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by sweatypowderpig View Post
    i shouldn't have, but i picked up 2x pair when i saw my pro-form restocked today.
    The 26.5 i tried on in person was a little snug in the length so i picked up both 26 and 27. could be one if not two pairs up for grabs depending on how things shake-out
    my tiny heels/ankles and wide forefoot really make touring boots a pain in the ass.
    Potentially interested depending on which size becomes available.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by sweatypowderpig View Post
    i shouldn't have, but i picked up 2x pair when i saw my pro-form restocked today.
    The 26.5 i tried on in person was a little snug in the length so i picked up both 26 and 27. could be one if not two pairs up for grabs depending on how things shake-out
    my tiny heels/ankles and wide forefoot really make touring boots a pain in the ass.
    I slept on my proform availability like an idiot and now they're gone - if you end up not going for the 27 I'd take it off your hands.

    Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,452
    Quote Originally Posted by sweatypowderpig View Post
    i shouldn't have, but i picked up 2x pair when i saw my pro-form restocked today.
    The 26.5 i tried on in person was a little snug in the length so i picked up both 26 and 27. could be one if not two pairs up for grabs depending on how things shake-out
    my tiny heels/ankles and wide forefoot really make touring boots a pain in the ass.
    Iíve also got smallish ankles/heels and wide forefoot in a 26/27, Iíd be really interested to hear your thoughts on fit. Iím narrowing down my options for my next boots and itís these or ZGTP with Mets blown out to 110.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Grandma's Basement
    Posts
    745
    Quote Originally Posted by TheArbez View Post
    I slept on my proform availability like an idiot and now they're gone - if you end up not going for the 27 I'd take it off your hands.

    Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    Im in the opposite boat...
    Let me know if you end up dumping the 26, I would be VERY interested.
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

    www.experiencedgear.net

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    I’ve also got smallish ankles/heels and wide forefoot in a 26/27, I’d be really interested to hear your thoughts on fit. I’m narrowing down my options for my next boots and it’s these or ZGTP with Mets blown out to 110.
    i really liked the fit. 26 was too short in the length, 27 was the ticket.
    unfortunately, i can feel the heel pocket already aggravating my L haglund's just flexing on carpet (it's not tall enough to accommodate my pump bump even with the thinnest footbeds i got). near 0% chance of a punch due to the hoji-lock mechanism. considering trying a donut on the liner, but something's telling me to stick with the devil i already know (current ZGTPs)


    I'd say the heel pocket itself is narrower in the ZGTP, while the ankle itself is smaller in the radical pro. instep is lower in the radical. i'd say try out the dynafit purely for the hoji-lock and walkability. really wish haglund's surgery was not such a complete fucking crapshoot (potentially year+ recovery and no guarantee pain will ever subside) cuz it would really open up so many more options for touring boots.

    i've reached out to the first guy who expressed interest. i'll run down the list for the rest of you once he gets back to me.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,452
    Quote Originally Posted by sweatypowderpig View Post
    i really liked the fit. 26 was too short in the length, 27 was the ticket.
    unfortunately, i can feel the heel pocket already aggravating my L haglund's just flexing on carpet (it's not tall enough to accommodate my pump bump even with the thinnest footbeds i got). near 0% chance of a punch due to the hoji-lock mechanism. considering trying a donut on the liner, but something's telling me to stick with the devil i already know (current ZGTPs)


    I'd say the heel pocket itself is narrower in the ZGTP, while the ankle itself is smaller in the radical pro. instep is lower in the radical. i'd say try out the dynafit purely for the hoji-lock and walkability. really wish haglund's surgery was not such a complete fucking crapshoot (potentially year+ recovery and no guarantee pain will ever subside) cuz it would really open up so many more options for touring boots.

    i've reached out to the first guy who expressed interest. i'll run down the list for the rest of you once he gets back to me.
    Thanks for the update, interesting they feel smaller in the heel than the ZGTP. Im definitely sold on the Hoji mechanism, the Frees were a revelation to try on and walk around in. Iíll jump in line for the 27 if the liner mods donít work out for you.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Golden
    Posts
    499
    Iím surprised at how wide the heels are in these boots (radical and hoji) and much heel lift I get in the radical compared to the Vulcan. Not a lot of cup shape. Heel pinch pads donít do much.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,452
    I ended up just ordering a 27 from Dynafit. No Bueno.

    Weight as stock is 1550 (website states 1380 for a 26.5). I also thought the heels felt large. The liners have better heel pockets than the Hoji Free but I didnít feel anywhere as tucked into the plastic as with ZGTP or Hawx XTD.

    Forefoot felt great, walk mode is flawless. I tried putting some unmolded Tour Wraps in them and there isnít enough room over the instep to even buckle the boots. Youíd want to be super careful during a liner mold with wraps to not get things folded in there

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    5,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    I ended up just ordering a 27 from Dynafit. No Bueno.

    Weight as stock is 1550 (website states 1380 for a 26.5). I also thought the heels felt large. The liners have better heel pockets than the Hoji Free but I didnít feel anywhere as tucked into the plastic as with ZGTP or Hawx XTD.

    Forefoot felt great, walk mode is flawless. I tried putting some unmolded Tour Wraps in them and there isnít enough room over the instep to even buckle the boots. Youíd want to be super careful during a liner mold with wraps to not get things folded in there
    I feel like thats kinda normal for unmolded wrap liners. Insanely hard to mold the first time.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post
    Iím surprised at how wide the heels are in these boots (radical and hoji) and much heel lift I get in the radical compared to the Vulcan. Not a lot of cup shape. Heel pinch pads donít do much.
    I had a very similar experience with this boot. I wanted the radical to fit soo bad!! Tried multiple sizes and liner combinations and in the end had to move on. The Vulcan fit my foot perfectly, and I will continue to use it with a new protour. I was able to get a really good fit in the Skorpius, albeit a different class of boot.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    105
    Anyone have custom fit/cooking/heat molding instructions for these bad bois?

    Just picked up a pair yesterday and I've never had a ski boot that fits my gaping forefoot as well as these but they could still use some help.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sun Valley, ID
    Posts
    2,175
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    I feel like thats kinda normal for unmolded wrap liners. Insanely hard to mold the first time.
    Yeah I just donít understand people dry fitting intuitionsÖ.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Driggs
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by tdpdx View Post
    Anyone have custom fit/cooking/heat molding instructions for these bad bois?

    Just picked up a pair yesterday and I've never had a ski boot that fits my gaping forefoot as well as these but they could still use some help.
    I also have a gaping forefoot. I home cooked my old Intuition Tour Wraps for these boots. I always do a toe cap, with a little extra side padding (cut up yoga mat) taped on, as well as extra padding over my instep/arch area. With that combination I was able to make plenty of room in the liner, and didn't even end up needing to punch the boot, which is really not the norm for me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •