Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sweatypowderpig View Post
    i shouldn't have, but i picked up 2x pair when i saw my pro-form restocked today.
    The 26.5 i tried on in person was a little snug in the length so i picked up both 26 and 27. could be one if not two pairs up for grabs depending on how things shake-out
    my tiny heels/ankles and wide forefoot really make touring boots a pain in the ass.
    Potentially interested depending on which size becomes available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i shouldn't have, but i picked up 2x pair when i saw my pro-form restocked today.
    The 26.5 i tried on in person was a little snug in the length so i picked up both 26 and 27. could be one if not two pairs up for grabs depending on how things shake-out
    my tiny heels/ankles and wide forefoot really make touring boots a pain in the ass.
    I slept on my proform availability like an idiot and now they're gone - if you end up not going for the 27 I'd take it off your hands.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

I’ve also got smallish ankles/heels and wide forefoot in a 26/27, I’d be really interested to hear your thoughts on fit. I’m narrowing down my options for my next boots and it’s these or ZGTP with Mets blown out to 110.

Quote Originally Posted by TheArbez View Post
    I slept on my proform availability like an idiot and now they're gone - if you end up not going for the 27 I'd take it off your hands.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    Im in the opposite boat...
    Let me know if you end up dumping the 26, I would be VERY interested.
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    I’ve also got smallish ankles/heels and wide forefoot in a 26/27, I’d be really interested to hear your thoughts on fit. I’m narrowing down my options for my next boots and it’s these or ZGTP with Mets blown out to 110.
    i really liked the fit. 26 was too short in the length, 27 was the ticket.
    unfortunately, i can feel the heel pocket already aggravating my L haglund's just flexing on carpet (it's not tall enough to accommodate my pump bump even with the thinnest footbeds i got). near 0% chance of a punch due to the hoji-lock mechanism. considering trying a donut on the liner, but something's telling me to stick with the devil i already know (current ZGTPs)

I'd say the heel pocket itself is narrower in the ZGTP, while the ankle itself is smaller in the radical pro. instep is lower in the radical. i'd say try out the dynafit purely for the hoji-lock and walkability. really wish haglund's surgery was not such a complete fucking crapshoot (potentially year+ recovery and no guarantee pain will ever subside) cuz it would really open up so many more options for touring boots.

i've reached out to the first guy who expressed interest. i'll run down the list for the rest of you once he gets back to me.

i really liked the fit. 26 was too short in the length, 27 was the ticket.
    unfortunately, i can feel the heel pocket already aggravating my L haglund's just flexing on carpet (it's not tall enough to accommodate my pump bump even with the thinnest footbeds i got). near 0% chance of a punch due to the hoji-lock mechanism. considering trying a donut on the liner, but something's telling me to stick with the devil i already know (current ZGTPs)

I'd say the heel pocket itself is narrower in the ZGTP, while the ankle itself is smaller in the radical pro. instep is lower in the radical. i'd say try out the dynafit purely for the hoji-lock and walkability. really wish haglund's surgery was not such a complete fucking crapshoot (potentially year+ recovery and no guarantee pain will ever subside) cuz it would really open up so many more options for touring boots.

i've reached out to the first guy who expressed interest. i'll run down the list for the rest of you once he gets back to me.
    Thanks for the update, interesting they feel smaller in the heel than the ZGTP. Im definitely sold on the Hoji mechanism, the Frees were a revelation to try on and walk around in. I’ll jump in line for the 27 if the liner mods don’t work out for you.

I’m surprised at how wide the heels are in these boots (radical and hoji) and much heel lift I get in the radical compared to the Vulcan. Not a lot of cup shape. Heel pinch pads don’t do much.

I ended up just ordering a 27 from Dynafit. No Bueno.

Weight as stock is 1550 (website states 1380 for a 26.5). I also thought the heels felt large. The liners have better heel pockets than the Hoji Free but I didn’t feel anywhere as tucked into the plastic as with ZGTP or Hawx XTD.

Forefoot felt great, walk mode is flawless. I tried putting some unmolded Tour Wraps in them and there isn’t enough room over the instep to even buckle the boots. You’d want to be super careful during a liner mold with wraps to not get things folded in there

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    I ended up just ordering a 27 from Dynafit. No Bueno.

Weight as stock is 1550 (website states 1380 for a 26.5). I also thought the heels felt large. The liners have better heel pockets than the Hoji Free but I didn’t feel anywhere as tucked into the plastic as with ZGTP or Hawx XTD.

Forefoot felt great, walk mode is flawless. I tried putting some unmolded Tour Wraps in them and there isn’t enough room over the instep to even buckle the boots. You’d want to be super careful during a liner mold with wraps to not get things folded in there
    I feel like thats kinda normal for unmolded wrap liners. Insanely hard to mold the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post
    I’m surprised at how wide the heels are in these boots (radical and hoji) and much heel lift I get in the radical compared to the Vulcan. Not a lot of cup shape. Heel pinch pads don’t do much.
    I had a very similar experience with this boot. I wanted the radical to fit soo bad!! Tried multiple sizes and liner combinations and in the end had to move on. The Vulcan fit my foot perfectly, and I will continue to use it with a new protour. I was able to get a really good fit in the Skorpius, albeit a different class of boot.

Anyone have custom fit/cooking/heat molding instructions for these bad bois?

Just picked up a pair yesterday and I've never had a ski boot that fits my gaping forefoot as well as these but they could still use some help.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    I feel like thats kinda normal for unmolded wrap liners. Insanely hard to mold the first time.
    Yeah I just don’t understand people dry fitting intuitions….

Quote Originally Posted by tdpdx View Post
    Anyone have custom fit/cooking/heat molding instructions for these bad bois?

Just picked up a pair yesterday and I've never had a ski boot that fits my gaping forefoot as well as these but they could still use some help.
    I also have a gaping forefoot. I home cooked my old Intuition Tour Wraps for these boots. I always do a toe cap, with a little extra side padding (cut up yoga mat) taped on, as well as extra padding over my instep/arch area. With that combination I was able to make plenty of room in the liner, and didn't even end up needing to punch the boot, which is really not the norm for me.

I’ve put a ton of work into these (intuition pro tour liners, custom beds, punches) and can’t seem to get a snug fit around my foot. They tour great, no complaints. On the down I’m reminded of the “hot dog down a hallway” saying. I can feel my foot traveling inside the boot before I engage the ski.

py.

How do I take up volume?

Have any of you had to do similar tweaks?

Side note- I ski Kryptons inbounds (110 flex with a 130 “B” tongue added, plus a booster strap) and I weigh 185 at 6’. I would not say the radical pro has a progressive flex by comparison. To me, it way less dynamic and more like a wall.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

^ that sounds like the pro tour liner. Soft, thin, no heel hold. You could try the HV or try nodding a different liner like the HD Race to get the hold but take up room.

I’m the meantime, put a shim inside the liner (or under it), put on heel pinch pads, and put a pad on the face of your ankle to ouch you back.

Or wrap the entire ankle of your liner in 1/2” foam. Works like a hot damn if you really need your ankle locked in.

Quote Originally Posted by tdpdx View Post
    Anyone have custom fit/cooking/heat molding instructions for these bad bois.
    yeah I bought them from the factory Intuition outlet so I had them do the mold, as it turned out I can't wear a liner with tongue ( my 1st choice ) so they just swapped to a power wrap so it was worth the 50 $ to get it perfect IME
    Last edited by XXX-er; 12-30-2022 at 12:07 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by krchoquette View Post
    I’ve put a ton of work into these (intuition pro tour liners, custom beds, punches) and can’t seem to get a snug fit around my foot. They tour great, no complaints. On the down I’m reminded of the “hot dog down a hallway” saying. I can feel my foot traveling inside the boot before I engage the ski.

py.
    How do I take up volume?
    at the ski shop they will stick/ glue stuff to your liner but I didn't have any of that stuff so I tried the opposite which was to stick stuff inside the shell which I havent heard of anybody doing

https://www.princessauto.com/en/2-in...t/PA0008072944

I used irrigation pump discharge hose ductaped taped to the inside of my alpine shells, it does not move or pack out, its thin enough (.6mm) to easily bend around curves, its easy to layer, its easy to cut, and @ 1.20 per foot its very cheap from your local feed store
    Last edited by XXX-er; 12-30-2022 at 12:43 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by benzo92 View Post
    walking downhill, which makes sense and really shouldn’t be done in ski boots. But I’m in New England and skiing here is kinda fucking stupid.
    spat my beer out laughing! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by krchoquette View Post

py.

How do I take up volume?

Have any of you had to do similar tweaks?

Side note- I ski Kryptons inbounds (110 flex with a 130 “B” tongue added, plus a booster strap) and I weigh 185 at 6’. I would not say the radical pro has a progressive flex by comparison. To me, it way less dynamic and more like a wall.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    We’re still living the dark ages. There’s still not a touring boot made that properly fits even a moderately narrow foot (although there are some better choices than a Radical Pro), and none that flex like a plush cabrio (Krypton/Full Tilt) boot. Hoji Free 110s have less volume than Radical Pros (though the flex is still a compromise), and Dreamliners will take up much more space than Pro Tours. Roxa R3s do fit my narrowish foot better, and flex ok (still too stiff off the top for me) but aren’t a true touring boot.

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    We’re still living the dark ages.
    Look on the bright side. Gear is better than its ever been.

My Hoji 110 are the best ski touring boot I’ve ever had. Kryptons with tech fittings finally got made! 300g pin bindings, 1800g Bentchetlers are light and shred. 160hp direct inject 2 stroke flying snow carpet don’t seem so “dark age” and you can even get turbos on your BRP snow carpets now!

At least it’s way better than Scarpa Lazers with raichle tongues, Naxos, non rockered skis and flooded carbs.

I can't find the review but one mentioned using some brand of heel sock to take up some of the heel and instep volume in these boots. I hadnt heard of that before but it sounded like a specific brand makes one for this specific purpose. I thought it was wild snow but then no mention in thier review that i read, maybe they did 2 reviews?

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    I can't find the review but one mentioned using some brand of heel sock to take up some of the heel and instep volume in these boots. I hadnt heard of that before but it sounded like a specific brand makes one for this specific purpose. I thought it was wild snow but then no mention in thier review that i read, maybe they did 2 reviews?

Ezeefit ankle booties

Quote Originally Posted by kamtron View Post
    Ezeefit ankle booties
    Yes thats them . 2mm thick so 4mm for both sides would take up a fair bit of space. I wonder how comfy theyd be in a ski boot

Mini Plug just got the women’s version. Anybody molded the stock liner yet, and give advice?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda