Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Finally...how do you make the Cochise 106 into a ski with a 24-m turn radius and make it more ďmehĒ on piste? The Gen 1 and Gen 2 versions skied on piste far better IMO.
    That is weird and annoying, and also one of the reasons I'm trying the Corvus 1st (along with the fact that I'm a cheap). I like Gen 2 more on piste than Gen 1. The Carbon tips work for me on flat snow. Some of the fastest groomer laps I've ever done were on the Gen 2 Cochise.

This thread does have me checking local craigslist for people dumping the OG's. Everyone should try a pair. They're in the top 3 of skis a regret selling. In certain marginal conditions they are unmatched. I should have paired them with something livelier rather than trying to find a perfection that may not be possible.

Well I for one am happy to see this ski get a lukewarm review from our leader. Now I don't have to chase a ski I REALLY don't need, having recently bought the M102 and K108.

I agree with you what you have described above. The new 106 is a good ski...for all the reasons you laid out above. I get why you like it.

What is funny, is that if the ski didnít have the the Cochise name on it and instead you told me this was a new ski called the Rustler 10.5, Iíd probably have less bias and more objective praise.

Finally...how do you make the Cochise 106 into a ski with a 24-m turn radius and make it more ďmehĒ on piste? The Gen 1 and Gen 2 versions skied on piste far better IMO.

Maybe I should just sell my 106ís and buy some LP105ís/MPro Prorider 105 Pros for Pros.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    I am new to this thread. Like most of you I love skis and own quite a few pairs which I am lucky enough to ski many days a year whatever the conditions.

Glad to hear to that the new Cochise is still burly but lively enough to handle variable snow off slopes on low tide days. Without having to size up to keep things manageable in tight spots or steeps.

Thatís what I what I gather from online reviews on and feedbacks here and what I wanted to hear (thank you BM for your R10.5 assessment that hit a sweet spot for me). Will be getting one for next year and report back.

For all other purposes I have better candidates in my garage. Better this way that one ski that does it all like the OG isnít it ?

Envoyť de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gweilo View Post
    For all other purposes I have better candidates in my garage. Better this way that one ski that does it all like the OG isnít it ?
    If I can run back to my truck and swap skis at lunch, sure. Quivers are fun. Mine is ridiculous. Itís more like a demo fleet right now.

However, if I traveled to ski, that magical all-around high-performance ski is EXACTLY what I want. Or if I just waited an hour for a gondola upload just to wait another hour for high alpine terrain to open, I need a ski that can manage groomers and more relaxed terrain while I chomp at the bit for the exciting and spicy terrain to open.

Currently the M102, K108, MFree108, Enforcer 104 Free and Rustler 11 are all capable of that. The OG Cochise was, too. Maybe the Cochise 106 makes that list. Not convinced yet.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

If I can run back to my truck and swap skis at lunch, sure. Quivers are fun. Mine is ridiculous. Itís more like a demo fleet right now.

However, if I traveled to ski, that magical all-around high-performance ski is EXACTLY what I want. Or if I just waited an hour for a gondola upload just to wait another hour for high alpine terrain to open, I need a ski that can manage groomers and more relaxed terrain while I chomp at the bit for the exciting and spicy terrain to open.

Currently the M102, K108, MFree108, Enforcer 104 Free and Rustler 11 are all capable of that. The OG Cochise was, too. Maybe the Cochise 106 makes that list. Not convinced yet.
    What is your favorite of all those for once off-piste gets heavy heavy from sun or rain, and you donít want to charge?
    "Let's be careful out there."

Quote Originally Posted by Hood26 View Post
    What is your favorite of all those for once off-piste gets heavy heavy from sun or rain, and you don’t want to charge?
    So far, I have only had the Volkls (M102 and K108) out in those conditions. Both a fine, but can be a little sluggish at slower speeds in that kind of snow. The tails break loose pretty easy though.

I'm guessing that the Cochise 106 (185-cm) might end up being better since it is quite agile off-piste and surprisingly loose in the tail given the lack of significant tail rocker. Don't let the Cochise name fool you, it can be a quick and agile ski.

I might add the shorter length of the MFree108 (182). The 192 is a lot of ski and wants to move. It certainly is quite agile with some energy behind it, though.

So far, I have only had the Volkls (M102 and K108) out in those conditions. Both a fine, but can be a little sluggish at slower speeds in that kind of snow. The tails break loose pretty easy though.

I'm guessing that the Cochise 106 (185-cm) might end up being better since it is quite agile off-piste and surprisingly loose in the tail given the lack of significant tail rocker. Don't let the Cochise name fool you, it can be a quick and agile ski.

I might add the shorter length of the MFree108 (182). The 192 is a lot of ski and wants to move. It certainly is quite agile with some energy behind it, though.
    Itís quite interesting that the 185 Cochise seems less ski that the 183 bonafide. I am curious

Envoyť de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

. . . if the ski didnít have the the Cochise name on it and instead you told me this was a new ski called the Rustler 10.5, Iíd probably have less bias and more objective praise.
    I doubt it. You'd notice the lack of tail rocker and extra weight before you even put a binding on it . . .

So, this is "my" thread - I guess I can derail it if I want.

Re: The LP105's.
    I assume this refers to the older Legend Pro Rider 105, not the newer version the ProRider 105 or the same ski, but renamed M-Pro 105.
    I've never managed to ski any of these, but they look interesting.

Any comparison between the OG Cochise and the M-Pro 105?
    The blister review is good, but they also look to have quite a lot of camber - so I'm not sure how I'd like them. But they do look like serious missiles.

[Edited to add: The M-Pro 105 ONLY comes in 192cm - so there's that.]

I bought a pair of LP105's years ago and sold them without mounting them because they had so much camber and were so heavy. I don't mind a heavy ski but those things are different. They weren't all that stiff though. I think I went with OG Cochises instead, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    So, this is "my" thread - I guess I can derail it if I want.

Re: The LP105's.
    I assume this refers to the older Legend Pro Rider 105, not the newer version the ProRider 105 or the same ski, but renamed M-Pro 105.
    I've never managed to ski any of these, but they look interesting.

Any comparison between the OG Cochise and the M-Pro 105?
    The blister review is good, but they also look to have quite a lot of camber - so I'm not sure how I'd like them. But they do look like serious missiles.

[Edited to add: The M-Pro 105 ONLY comes in 192cm - so there's that.]
    Wait...there is a very active and healthy Dynastar thread where you can ask about that ski. Afraid of the rabid Dynastar fan boiís over there?

Wait...there is a very active and healthy Dynastar thread where you can ask about that ski. Afraid of the rabid Dynastar fan boi’s over there?
    Ha! Good enough suggestion - though the last half-a-dozen pages of the Dynastar thread don't really have any comparisons between the Cochise and the LP105s.

[Edited to add: I searched all 44 pages - while the Cochise was mentioned a few times, there's very little actually comparing the LP105 to the Cochise. But most of the mentions of the Cochise had it winning between the Cham etc. Again, not much directly about the LP105.]