ATK Freeraider 14 Questions

Hey everyone! Going to invest in a new touring setup this spring and had some questions about the ATK Freeraider 14. I have heard nothing but good things about them on established review sites and companies but want to hear some more info/feedback from any of you who tour/ski on them. I have been touring on shifts since they were first released and while I do enjoy their downhill ability, I feel their weight on longer tours and on steeper, slipperier tours really don't like how there's only one riser setting. I've been considering these ATK bindings but just wanted to get some more user info on how they tour, ski downhill, hold up, etc. I would particularly love to hear from anyone who has used both them and the Shift.

Thank you and be well!

Quote Originally Posted by Icculus13 View Post
    Hey everyone! Going to invest in a new touring setup this spring and had some questions about the ATK Freeraider 14. I have heard nothing but good things about them on established review sites and companies but want to hear some more info/feedback from any of you who tour/ski on them. I have been touring on shifts since they were first released and while I do enjoy their downhill ability, I feel their weight on longer tours and on steeper, slipperier tours really don't like how there's only one riser setting. I've been considering these ATK bindings but just wanted to get some more user info on how they tour, ski downhill, hold up, etc. I would particularly love to hear from anyone who has used both them and the Shift.

Thank you and be well!
    Maybe search the Moment Ski thread as their new Voyager binding is very similar.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

goggle official ATK thread and then delete this one

on my screen its about 10 posts older than this one
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    goggle official ATK thread and then delete this one

on my screen its about 10 posts older than this one
    Agreed, but if you don't want to read the old thread the consensus is the bindings are very good but the brake is annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    Agreed, but if you don't want to read the old thread the consensus is the bindings are very good but ALL TOURING brakeS ARE annoying/MARGINALLY EFFECTIVE.
    FIFY.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Search jong
    But for the record
    I ride mine in bounds at the resort
    But I'm a trained professional
    Safety journeyman
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I’m still looking for the 14 questions.

High riser not high enough
    The moment rebranded atk has a shim to give a flat ramp angle....... but makes an already low heel riser even lower
    That was the deal breaker for me
    Also have a buddy who is losing another 1/4” of riser height because the riser contact point is so small and pointy that it gets inside the Vibram sole notches

Maybe you should read that thread instead of shooting from the hip and propagating inaccuracies.

Hint: it's about the Voyager/Raider/Freeraider risers.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music